The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » How to make this bizarre (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
I got a grain og rice in Vegas with A of Diamonds carved on it. This is in a small glass thingy that hangs on a necklace. How can I make this Bizarre..Or can I?
Most magically yours,
WR Smile
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
E-Leoni
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
358 Posts

Profile of E-Leoni
"It is said you can see the world in a grain of sand,...it is also said you can see the card you are thinking of in a grain of rice..." "Here take this magnifing glass and look at this grain on my necklace"...

Use a PS force for the ace of diamonds.

E-Leoni.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Hmmm... still sounds like a card trick to me.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Sam Haine
View Profile
Regular user
San Jose, CA
159 Posts

Profile of Sam Haine
Greetings,

One could have several made up and use a limiting-selection force to narrow the choices down to one of the available grains.

As for the potential bizarre premises:

- T.A.Waters Framedown: Guest can divine a symbol from an alphabet of 16.

- Selecting a unusual Eastern rune stone with the matching symbol

- Using the pendant as a pendulum to find the good luck symbol written on a billet. (Brad Henderson has some great work on pendulum forces.)

Good Luck,
Sam Haine
Magical entertainment for charities www.sam-haine.com
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
A card divination on a piece of rice has been done before, possibly Webber. Think Paul Wilson has used it also.

Something other than a card might be more useful in bizarre magic.

Paul Hallas.
Didier Chantome
View Profile
New user
FRANCE
57 Posts

Profile of Didier Chantome
The use of pendulum generally gets a good response of the audience.
You can use a special pendulum (Mermet style) with your grain of rice inside.

Then let a spectator hold the pendulum, with succesive "choices"...
You can avoid the use of a deck of cards by tearing "on the moment" a few slips of papers and write on them : red, black, hart, diamonds, ace, two, and so on...

You can also consider the AD in your pendulum in a multiple outs prediction...
Didier
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
It seems to me, it can't be a straight card divination. To be bizarre, the card selection must tell a story. Perhaps this:

Death comes to visit a maiden. She protests, offering to do anything to live life more fully. So Death makes her a deal, removing a pack of tarot cards from his cloak: cut the cards to determine her fate. Our modern playing cards are descendants of the original tarot cards used in those long-ago times, so every card has a meaning. The maiden cut the deck. (Extending the cards to the participant) Just like you're doing now.

The ace of diamonds? You did well. You see, in matters of mortality, most cards have very little sway. Only the aces guarantee the bearer another year of life, although the quality of that life depends on the suit: the ace of hearts offer one more year of love and passion; the ace of clubs, one more year of good fortune; the ace of spades, one more year clouded over with darkness and doubt. And in this case, the ace of diamonds, which offers one more year of prosperity. Of course, money can't buy everything, but the woman already had love and good fortune, and in that year, she had one thing more: my grandmother. So to commemorate the occasion, she had this necklace made, which was handed down to my grandmother, and to my mother, and to me. Look inside, and tell me what you see. (Of course, she sees the Ace of Diamonds.)

I hope this helps.
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
Thanks..Great idea. I will try it!
Most magically yours,
WR Smile
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » How to make this bizarre (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL