The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Homing Card (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jestnjoker
View Profile
Elite user
440 Posts

Profile of Jestnjoker
Hey all,

Just got Tommy James' comeback spider for my Halloween Shows this week. Where do you put your homing card routines in your show? I like the effect and think it has some legs, I just want some opinions on whether it's a good opener/closer/or "in-betweener". I can see it getting a lot of laughs. Thanks.
Jeff Wright
www.WrightEntertainment.biz
Voted Best Party Entertainer in Cleveland, Nickelodeon Parents' Picks Awards
Damian
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of Damian
I think it could go anywhere you'd like; opener or closer or in-between. It's very strong, so keep that in mind.

I performed it at a Halloween show a couple of hours ago, and it played huge (3-5 yr olds). I had it as the penultimate routine, but it easily could have been the closer.
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
I agree with Damian, no rules. You could use it as an opener to "set the stage" for the rest of the show or put it in between or close with it and work the excitement level up before you leave.

Me personally, I have been performing Trevor Lewis's Homing Card for years in my kid shows and this is where I got the inspiration to make a Halloween version (with Trevor's permission). I have always presented the homing card 2nd from the end of the show. Why? I guess with experimenting I found that it where it fit best for me and my performance.

I love the kids reactions to this effect and I hope you have as much fun performing it as I do Smile

Tommy
"Keep the Kids Laughing!"
https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store
dlachance
View Profile
Veteran user
Mississippi
344 Posts

Profile of dlachance
Doesn't matter where you put it in your show... just put it in..... I have been having so much fun with it this season....

Dorian
-Dorian LaChance
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Quote:
On 2011-10-24 21:06, Jestnjoker wrote:
I like the effect and think it has some legs..

Pun intentional?
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Quote:
On 2011-10-25 13:57, magicgeorge wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-10-24 21:06, Jestnjoker wrote:
I like the effect and think it has some legs..

Pun intentional?

You're always thinking George Smile
"Keep the Kids Laughing!"
https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store
Jestnjoker
View Profile
Elite user
440 Posts

Profile of Jestnjoker
I was originally thinking about second to last because I think I'm going to end with a candy production. So I believe that's where it will be. Thanks for the input.

George, I will always take full comedic credit for my subconscious puns. My waking mind can't handle them all.
Jeff Wright
www.WrightEntertainment.biz
Voted Best Party Entertainer in Cleveland, Nickelodeon Parents' Picks Awards
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Homing Card (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL