The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » FUZE BY JEFF PRACE (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6953 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I think this was released a little while ago but I didn't realize World Magic Shop was putting it out!

Anyway Jeff showed this to me a while ago and I think it's one of the most clever torn and restored corner plots I have ever seen. It's a real fooler.

You can check it out here:

http://www.worldmagicstore.com/fuze-jeff......1rmrfl65

Definitely worth checking out!
JohnGelasi
View Profile
Loyal user
With just a snap, incredibly, I now have
228 Posts

Profile of JohnGelasi
This one left me totally baffled. I will definitely be checking it out! Smile
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2760 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Looks great!
SmithMagicMan
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of SmithMagicMan
It looks a bit odd when the hand covers the card, looks suspicious?
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
I wonder when this is going to be available in the U.S.?

Robert
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5373 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Quote:
On 2011-10-26 11:40, SmithMagicMan wrote:
It looks a bit odd when the hand covers the card, looks suspicious?

I have to agree. This does not look good to me.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6953 Posts

Forgive me, but I think you guys are thinking like magicians. Nothing explains how the piece gets back onto the card after being shown on both sides. There's nothing terribly suspicious about the covering, IMHO. I was still badly fooled when I first saw this.
SmithMagicMan
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of SmithMagicMan
I suppose nothing can explain it, but even to a layman, when someone covers something up or turns around, they can be doing anything, so it doesn't look as visual as other Torn and Restored Cards out there.
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
I also think when the card goes out of view people assume something has occurred to restore the card. I liked the solution Jeff had of folding the card so it had the implied action of not going out of view but rather being folded. However, I do not think having a corner restored is as impactful as having a card torn into several pieces being restored. But all of the torn and restored effects have some trade off.

I am still really partial to performing the torn and restored taught by Michael Ammar on his Easy To Master Card Miracles, Number 5. This effect is credited to J.C. Wagner. The card is signed and openly torn into four pieces. One piece of the card is given to the spectator as a receipt to match the restored card. The card is not covered but is openly torn and restored! Reactions are great even though the effect is very easy to perform.

I wish Jeff luck with his Torn and Restored. He is certainly a very creative magician.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6953 Posts

I personally don't care that the restoration isn't visual. IMHO, visual doesn't always equal better. I still think the effect is a complete mystery. In fact, one of the handlings in the trailer has the card being folded into quarters and then handed to the spectator so it restores in their hands. I like that one a lot.
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
I definitely agree that is the strongest of the presentations on the trailer.
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
I have to say - this really is a BRILLIANT idea!

I got the DVD recently and when I watched the performance, my eyes narrowed - I was fooled. When I watched the explanation, my eyes lit up - I was delighted!

It's a fine addition to the T&R legacy - well done Jeff. Such a young magician too - one can only wonder what will come next. I for one am looking forward to whatever it is.

Dave.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5352 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Jeff Prace is the next step. He's a brillant kid who remembers what real magic looks like. I'm just sad that I didn;t produce this project.

Koz
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Hey guys,

I want to thank everyone for taking interest in Fuze. I've been working on this method on-and-off for over three years, and it's awesome that it finally is released. I hope to answer everyone's questions/concerns, so please ask!

Robert: Fuze is available in the US! Most shops should now be stocking it (or will be very, very soon). My signature contains a link to my webpage, as well.

SmithMagicMan, whiteoakcanyon & Magiguy: Their are numerous restorations taught on the DVD, some more visual than others. The ones featured in the trailer are the ones Craig and I perform most often, and despite it's lack of visual appeal, the restoration in the spectator's hand has always worked best for me. The other restorations taught on the DVD vary from very visual (as Dave prefers) to very slow and elegant. Magicseen Magazine actually just gave this a great review, and the reviewer commented that he preferred a different handling than the one I perform. That's OK; it's why we included them all!

John, Kyle, Cameron, Dave & Koz: Thanks so much for your support!

Best,
Jeff
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5373 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
To be perfectly fair, I ordered a copy and will make an educated decision rather than an impulsive one, as in my earlier post. Wishing you the best with this, Jeff.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Thanks! I'd love to hear what you think when you receive it.

On a different note, here's a review I found elsewhere online:

"This my friends is the greatest and cleanest torn and restored card in the world! Jeff is a genius and his diabolically easy method is simple yet so baffling amongst magicians. It's a little expensive however Craig Petty along with David Penn join Jeff on the DVD explaining their many ideas for this effect. Thank you for reading these many words explaining my opinion of Fuze by Jeff Prace."

Jeff
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
More reviews have been posted!

Quote:
magic man 206 rated this item 5 out of 5
this is amazing a must have for all magic lovers and the card really gets fuzed back together

To answer a question over at that link, the card can be signed! AND the spectator's initials can be marked on the corner before or after (or both!) it's ripped off!

Jeff

PS. If you're interested in checking out some of my work before buying something, I posted one of my most popular card tricks over at Theory11 for FREE!
http://www.theory11.com/wire/jeff-prace/no-more-card-tricks
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
Jan Walla
View Profile
Loyal user
Before you disappear I surround you with
255 Posts

Profile of Jan Walla
Sorry Bro. I like your other effects but this one doesn't do anything for me. Watching the demo twice I knew how it was done. Anyhow, that's no justification to not buy this trick but comparing it to let's say FourFit it's worlds apart.
Magic, in essence, is the ability of conjuring spirits who help the magician accomplish astonishing feats.
<BR>-Be glad that I am not a Sorcerer... Smile
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6953 Posts

So I received the dvd and watched it. First and foremost, I loved the banter between you and Dave and Craig; funny but not overdone and certainly interesting. I love all the variations of the trick. Ironically, the handling all of you guys seem to like the most is the non-visual handling that happens in the spectator's hands and I think you are completely correct. While hyper-visual effects seem to be all the rage, real world guys know that stuff that happens implicitly in the spectator's hands is WAY more powerful than just seeing it. The reactions are crazy. Probably because most lay people see visual stuff as a puzzle. They know you are doing SOMETHING. But when something happens in their hands, they have nowhere to go in terms of explanation.

This is the kind of trick that really works and can be done in any environment (My kind of magic!). It may not be as sexy as some of the more "visual" stuff out there, but I'll wager that the reactions you get from this are greater than most flavor of the month effects.

Anyway, loads of great ideas for presentations, the gimmick is ridiculously easy to make (even the most lazy will be compelled to make it). Overall, a really good value and an excellent effect.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Thanks, Cameron! I'm glad you liked the finished project.

Here's another review from Penguin Magic:

Quote:
Probably one of the more practical T&R out there. Set up takes 10 seconds and its a wonderful effect. Takes a bit of practice to get down with all the subtleties, but totally worth it. Jeff's original handling might not be as "clean", but in the real world, I found it works fine. Well done Jeff! Love the crediting too!

If anyone has any questions, please ask!
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » FUZE BY JEFF PRACE (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL