The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » MP3 Tech - NEED HELP NOW! (10/25/11) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mystical Matthew
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Mystical Matthew
Guys... I have an emergency situation here...

I made some updates to my MP3 Tech's SD card. I plugged it in to test it out and make sure all my changes were correct.

When I unplugged it one of the prongs from the power adapter was stayed stuck in the outlet.

I now have a show out of state in less than 24 hours and I desperately need my MP3 Tech to work. I assume Radio Shack will have something, but I can't know for sure until tomorrow morning. I found the exact adapter on Amazon for $6, but that won't help me for tomorrow.

What can I do to make this work? I know I obviously could create an iPod playlist, but I REALLY don't want to go down that route. This is a high-profile client and I want to impress them. That means having auto-fade and the remote capabilities of the MP3-Tech.

Please help...
Don
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of Don
Relax Radio Shack will definately have something. Just make sure use use the right power adaptor when get it so you won't damage your MP3 Tech. Also as a backup get an extra adaptor.

Don
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Michael,

Take it to Radio Shack, they will be able to match the voltage and adapter plug. The adapter should have the voltage requirements labeled. If not just contact Kerry Pollack for that info

G
Mystical Matthew
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Mystical Matthew
Ok... So the crisis was averted ;-)

I'm going to post my solution here as a resource for anyone else who may need it.

First, Amazon carries the exact adapter for $6. You can find it here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003XZSZWO

Unfortunately I couldn't wait for shipping. This was literally the night before my gig. You were correct that RadioShack had a solution, (I contacted a buddy of mine who works there via Facebook). Before I got there though I found something else at Krogers. (Weird, right? Our Krogers is a "Super Krogers" that carries more than just groceries).

It was a multi-voltage adapter made by GE. The package said it put out "up to 1000ma". It came with six different tips. You just set the slider to the appropriate voltage (9v) and connect the tip that fits.

I bought this and it worked like a charm! As a bonus it looks like it will also power my microphone receivers as well. Even though I now have the adapter from Amazon, I'm keeping the GE adapter in my emergency kit just in case!
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5694 Posts

Profile of Regan
Glad you found a solution!
Mister Mystery
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1789 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
I power my MP3Tech with Three 9V Batteries.

I got the design from a helping hand on the Café.

I have been using this for 3 years and it works like a champ.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Colin Uk
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Colin Uk
I have one of these as a backup

"Zooty iDol Portable Power Provider"

Google full name for best price.

Colin
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1789 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Colin knows his stuff.

Posted: Oct 28, 2011 2:37pm
This is available in the UK.

Can't find "Zooty iDol Portable Power Provider" available in the US.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=na......Provider
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » MP3 Tech - NEED HELP NOW! (10/25/11) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL