The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Brand New T'n'R at Theory11 // Restored by Lloyd Barnes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1344 Posts

Profile of Stucky
I know it's possible to reupload a video file on their end. If you tell them about it and send the fixed vid they can take care of it. Typos can hurt future sales and peoples perception of you as someone to be taken seriously. Of course if it's not that important to you by all means..
Official Thread Killer
jimesw
View Profile
Special user
668 Posts

Profile of jimesw
I finks you need an apostofee in the word 'peoples' somewhere Stucky. Ooopseey. Eats shoots and leafs@;;/
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Thanks Stucky, working on it as I type. Cheers for the heads up man.

Lloyd
Creative & Project Development at Ellusionist

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram
Agaton
View Profile
Loyal user
Manila
292 Posts

Profile of Agaton
Congratulations Lloyd! You made it on top of The Wire's list.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2195 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Guys,

I have had practically all the TNRs out there.....I used to do Torn all the time, and Ripped and Restored...even did Reformation a few times.

to me visually the best TnR is The Reformation by Guy Hollingworth, but its pretty darn hard, and you need to get in heavy practice time and well for someone that does mentalism, I lost the Reformation touch after not doing it for a long time.

I recently started doing STAR, and its great, but wasnt too happy with the ending.

I just bought Forfeit, and although its good, I prefer Lloyds version.

Lloyds version takes bits and pieces from lots of TnRs, plus its practical and not hard to do at all.

I think this will always have a place in my reportoire.

Plus the ending is killer, and easy to execute....reminds me a lot like Hollingworth, but easier.

Thanks Lloyd

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Thanks for brilliant and honest review, Alex!

Hope everyone is loving using this as much as I have.

Cheers,

Lloyd

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3889 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Lloyd- since you seem to have taken to recklessly dumping playing cards into the ocean, might I suggest a trick? Use a one way forcing deck, then take your spec out on a boat into the Great Pacific Garbage Patch. Search around with a boathook and fish out the card you previously forced. Hoopla.

It might take a bit of time though, as it's an area twice the size of Texas with roughly 3 million tons of crAp in it. So don't forget to pack some sandwiches, young man.

;-)
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Haha! Good thinking!

We live near a pier in my town with a 40ft drop to the water and this summer I'm on filming a video where I have a card, selected, signed and lost... then spring the cards off the edge, jump off and grab their card in mid air. I hope I don't die haha! I filmed it last year, but I've lost a bit of weight since then, so I'd be happier sharing a video with a bit more of a sexy me in it, instead of one where I look less like Jack Black Smile

Lloyd

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram
Magikevin
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Magikevin
Well done lloyd! Looks great. Very good thinking in this effect! Although I prefer to have the hands cleaner throughout the performance and I bet things would show if done to close to your spectator!?
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Hey Kevin,

In real performance, as long as you don't flash (naturally) then there is nothing to see. As for the hands, I'm not going to dispute that they're not super clean throughout, however in the demo, I sort of, went a bit over board with how much cover there was made with my hands, I tried my best not to flash at all. I.e. through the windows in my fingers.

Thanks for the good words mate Smile

Lloyd

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram
Magikevin
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Magikevin
Hahahha you did a great job, again ur thinking is awesome. The way the final restoration is done and you then hand out the card, very clever!
Btw My hands have doorways, not windows. Lol I wish you the best with this effect!
chriswebbmagic
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of chriswebbmagic
Lloyd is a great thinker and a fellow welsh man! good luck mate this is a stunning routine
www.ChrisWebbVault.com

Creator of: Coffee Shot, Flash, Fickle and RE.
fingerjack
View Profile
Special user
CT, USA
553 Posts

Profile of fingerjack
Perhaps Lloyd Barnes doesn’t realize how clever he is. If you could take several beautiful phrases of music from the classical masters of the past, infuse your own unique construction of their themes, and blend them together to create a near perfect sonnet, you would have the equivalent of Lloyd Barnes’ RESTORED. For under $7 US Dollars you have a beautiful torn and restored card effect that borrows and improves on moves and finesse of the past from the likes of Paul Harris, Wayne Houchin, Daniel Garcia, and others. The end result is wonderful effect that I am sure you will be glad to add to your repertoire. Due to an injury, I am unable to perform this in the real world at this time, so I apologize if this review seems premature as I have not mastered it or ready to try it in the real world…but I can you I’m sure it’s going to work.

What I can say is that the 22 minute video features a full unedited performance, and very clear instructions shot over the shoulder for the explanation. So clear in fact it is almost impossible not to understand the moves. Lloyd is thorough in his explanation and gives proper credits and inspiration for the effect at the end. While not a professional video release in quality, it is shot in clear HD and makes learning it a breeze.

As far as difficulty, it is not as demanding as it may appear. In fact, it was easier than I expected, but that is not to say it will not take some work and thought to get it right, as all good things do.

Some may complain the drawback is the card is not signed. Lloyd covers this with a decent explanation and rational. The angles are as good as one would expect from a torn and restored card; perhaps not right under the spectator noses, but still perfect for close up and parlor. Nothing else is needed but cards…no glue, no tape, and an easy set up. Is it the nest T & R card ever? I guess I’m not at liberty judge. Like many things it’s a matter of personal taste. I am confidant however in saying that this is quite near the top of list and deserving of anyone who ever wanted to or performs the effect.

I mentioned before in a review for Lloyd’s CPR video (a clever alternative to the clipshift which I believe was his first release). I think we have a decent, humble, likeable young man who loves the art and I think we can all look forward with greedy hands to what he has in store for us in the future. I only wish I should be so clever.

Great work Lloyd!
MAGNAPALM - The World's first psionic magnetic implants that is changing the future of magic http://youtu.be/EDmg2bp_Cas

WASHED AND DRYED - An squeaky clean incredible full deck transformation!
http://fingerjack.wix.com/washedanddryed
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Wow! I don't even know what to say. I am totally flattered by this review. Thank you so much!! I didn't even know this was posted on here until I was just running through some old threads. Again thank you very much mate.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask or PM me Smile

Cheers,

Lloyd

Restored Available Now: http://www.theory11.com/wire/lloyd-barnes/restored/

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Guys,

A heads up with a few things.

1. You can now purchase Restored using PayPal! Via my site here: LTB Magic // Restored
2. If you want it on DVD, PM me or email me at lloyd@ltbmagic.com and I'll hook you up

And lastly... I'm giving away 3 free prize copies away! All you gotta do is go "Like" my Facebook page, here: Facebook |LTB Magic When I get 150 "likes" I'll choose 3 of you at random to win! Smile

Any questions guys? Good luck!

Lloyd

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
964 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
Just downloaded this... And I like it!
A neat T&R that doesn't take an Octopus to perform!
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Brand New T'n'R at Theory11 // Restored by Lloyd Barnes (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL