The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Teaser video - Constructive critism please. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1773 Posts

Profile of SIX
http://youtu.be/vPAUxEVM_R0

Any feedback would be great, it was shot quickly and edited quickly to send to a client. If you have an input or advice for a longer one in the future which I will be doing it would be great.

Thanks
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I didn't care for the blurred start of the video but the rest was nice. I would show the faces of the cards for just for a bit longer during the spreads between the hands and also tilt the cards downwards so the faces can seen better but that's me. Other than than those very small couple of points nice job.
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
I don't see the need to include close ups of the pass, for instance (nice one, BTW). But, more important, the feeling I have after one vision is that there is more show-off (to say it in a "mean" way) than magic. I would cut-off the flourished (just a few selected ones here and there) and a a couple of really magical sequence. There is much on your video, a bit too much as far as I am concerned.

I like the transition from the blur/mumble intro to the clear/music part. But the intro could be shorter.

Nice!
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
I think this teaser tells the viewer one thing: You have spent many hours alone with a pack of cards. Of course, it tells the viewer absolutely nothing about you as a performer. What audience is this video supposed to be for? You say you sent it to a client, but it doesn't sell you to anyone.

Prospective clients want to see how you'll interact with their guests. I don't understand the point of a promo video (or teaser) that shows absolutely zero live footage.

It's flashy though.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Teaser video - Constructive critism please. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL