The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Favourite Parlour Prop you had ever owned!? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
cairo
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of cairo
Mindreading Goose, Monarch Monte, Nest of Boxes
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
More recent times! Parlor show act

Silk to Egg

Linking Rings

Bill in Kiwi

Confabulation Prediction or Mental Epic

Jumbo Monte or
Jumbo McCombical deck

Razorblades

Banknight

-----------------------------------
wizardmagic
View Profile
New user
Arizona
32 Posts

Profile of wizardmagic
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2002, Jeff Dial wrote:
Malini Egg Bag.

I use a mesh style egg bag so audience can see the egg apeparing and vanish. My theme is Green Eggs & Ham. In the routine, The bag was a gift by my friend Samantha, I call her SAM for short. it contains her egg collevtion of vatiety of funn gag eggs. I use the green egg with a spectator and at the end of the routine, I mentioned I have a green egg, but NO ham. What it I HAD a ham? (at this time I had already loaded a plush pig behind the bag. Have spectator hold their hands under the bag and I drop the pig into their hands at same time egg vanishes. "And There's The Ham, said Sam I AM". I let spectator keep pid as they go back to their seat.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
I really LOVE the reactions from audiences brought about by Stillwell's / U.F. Grant's/Arturo's (Glen Babbs')/ Treasure Chest, Nest of Bean Boxes and more recently AKA Mel Babcock's Triple Coin Boxes.

This is based upon the venerable Coin In Ball of Yarn--with the Silver Boxes--produced by Thayer, Owens' and others.

Add a Rattle Box to the mix and you're all set to perform a very entertaining and memorable bit of Magic.

John Mendoza used to end his close-up set with this effect.
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
When I was 13-14 I did a routine with an egg bag, candle, egg vase, and rubber fried egg that always got a good reaction. The idea was that I wanted to send the egg from the bag back to the vase, but hit the table and the egg broke. So I passed the bag over the candle and produced a rubber fried egg. It was published in The Linking Ring circa 1968-ish.

Other than that, favorite props included the Square Circle (I made three of them) and Zombie.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Vatova
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Vatova
Hands down Dean's Box. I use it in every parlour performance I do.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2023, Vatova wrote:

Have you added aything to the standard presentation?
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2023, Vatova wrote:

Muwahahaha
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
One of our very favorite performance pieces is Jack Hughes'(?) The Lady Vanishes produced by Abbott's in the late 1950's to early 1960's.

This is the one where a jumbo queen of diamonds vanishes from a draped hand-held platfom. The audience ia let in on the secret only to become more amazed when it is discovered the jumbo card has really vanished!

Our presentation does NOT draw upon the standard "sucker trick" approach.

Seeing Mark Wilson perform the trick (the exact same props/stencil design from Abbott's) on Saturday morning television motivated an immediate order to Abbott's. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Favourite Parlour Prop you had ever owned!? (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL