We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » New Jonathan Chase DVD Set (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1777 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
I just ordered mine! This sounds pretty hard to believe, but with a great like Jonathan being the mastermind behind it, it becomes a lot more believable:

http://www.hypnosistraininggroup.com/hypnosis-installed/

Any thoughts?

-Jake
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Subliminally installing the skills of hypnosis sounds like hokum to me.

His Deeper and Deeper is good, but I am not interested in this latest offering.
snm
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of snm
I'll wait for the reviews. Pretty high price tag for something I don't feel will be all that great.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1777 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
I mainly purchased it because the first one hundred get a bunch of bonuses, one of which is a $200 credit for any HTG Live event and I am saving up for the hypnotherapy training even in May Smile I will be sure to post up a detailed review regarding it after I watch it and process all the information but with Jonathan backing it I think it automaticly has the potential to be an amazing project.

-Jake
snm
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of snm
Yeah but that's really only like $50 off because you had to spend $150 for Hypnosis Installed. lol

Really looking forward to your review though!
JasonR
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of JasonR
Quote:
On 2011-10-31 18:45, snm wrote:
Yeah but that's really only like $50 off because you had to spend $150 for Hypnosis Installed. lol

Really looking forward to your review though!

Maybe. It's possible to look at it as prepaying $150 to HTG, getting another $50 off from them for live training, and getting the DVDs and other bonuses for free on top of that. And that also presupposes that he doesn't get any perceived value from the DVDs themselves. If he has any intention of taking a live training there any time in the near future, it's a no-brainer.

I have to admit that I'm a bit skeptical of the premise (I keep getting an image of Keanu Reeves in The Matrix waking up and declaring, "I know kung-fu".), but like you said I am really looking forward to the review.
snm
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of snm
I suppose my main concern is that there will be a lot of overlap between this and the Trily Connection set. Jon Chase is the one who trained Ant after all.

The second disc sounds like it will teach some Symbolism techniques for therapy. I'm afraid this will be too similar to what Jeffrey Stephens teaches on his DVD set.

Only time will tell I suppose.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1777 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
I do agree with everyone on here that the idea of something being "installed" sounds a bit far fetched and a suggestion in itself, but then again like JasonR said above it is kind of like a $200 off ticket where I get a free big set of bonuses and so on regardless if I feel it is useful or not. I haven't heard about Jeffrey Stephans, so I can't really compare the symbolism bit, but it does sound really interesting and the way I look at it any book or DVD put out by someone who has really promoted the hypnotic arts is not the exact same thing as anything else put out. Basicly what I mean is, regardless if I like this, love this or pull the old Office Space ceremonial destroying of the printer move on the DVD's, I know I will get something out of it whether it is thinking "oh that's cool..." or "oh that's cool!!!" I still learn. By the way JasonR, the Matrix came to my mind too when I read about it, if I do end up at the end of disc one saying "I know Hypnosis mastery" I will be sure to mention it Smile

-Jake
JasonR
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of JasonR
Quote:
On 2011-10-31 20:25, snm wrote:

Only time will tell I suppose.

Regarding the overlap, we'll have to wait for the review to find out (and hope the reviewer has the material you mentioned so they are able to compare). But even if there is an overlap, it could still be valuable to anybody who doesn't already own the material you mentioned.

Just to be clear, I'd really like it to be true and work as advertised. And if it does work as advertised, I'd also really like it to not get any exposure outside this forum... Smile
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Quote:
On 2011-10-30 08:27, TonyB2009 wrote:
Subliminally installing the skills of hypnosis sounds like hokum to me.

It may be. Not having seen it I couldn't say. However, I have attended some hypnosis trainings and then re-taken them. (In good trainings, there is often more information shared than can be appreciated by the student. I have always learned more by taking a training more than once.) Upon re-taking the training, I have noted that the trainer subliminally installs (or attempts to do so) concepts that can help practice. I've also observed this in various NLP trainings.

I have to admit that I, too, am dubious about any course subliminally installing the basic skills of hypnosis. That sounds awfully Harold Hill to me. But subconsciously installing concepts and skills that enhance basic, consciously learned techniques is a real possibility. In fact, that is often the way we learn, unconsciously picking up things through observation of others.

But again, whether or not this set achieves the goal of subliminally installing skills is not only an unknown, but because the technique is below or conscious awareness (the very definition of "subliminal") we actually have no way of knowing what those "skills of hypnosis" to determine if it is actually being done.

This sort of reminds me of a set of audio tapes one company was selling as "subliminals" for various purposes. It turns out that their idea of subliminal was to mix the suggestions to such a low volume relative to the rest of the music on the tape. When I pointed out that these were subaudible tapes and not subliminal tapes, the producer first asked me to describe the difference. When I explained that while, at best, there was minimal and only suggestive evidence to support subliminals in audio recordings and no evidence to support the effectiveness of subaudibles (where the suggestions cannot be heard), he became quite defensive. It may have been because he had sold thousands of his subaudibles and was afraid of being sued for fraud.
JasonR
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of JasonR
Quote:
On 2011-11-01 11:51, dmkraig wrote:
But again, whether or not this set achieves the goal of subliminally installing skills is not only an unknown, but because the technique is below or conscious awareness (the very definition of "subliminal") we actually have no way of knowing what those "skills of hypnosis" to determine if it is actually being done.

You make an interesting point. Theoretically, and again assuming it works as advertised, one could not be consciously aware of the process, but notice the result (the ability, or an improved ability, to hypnotize people).
JasonR
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of JasonR
Quote:
This sort of reminds me of a set of audio tapes one company was selling as "subliminals" for various purposes. It turns out that their idea of subliminal was to mix the suggestions to such a low volume relative to the rest of the music on the tape. When I pointed out that these were subaudible tapes and not subliminal tapes, the producer first asked me to describe the difference. When I explained that while, at best, there was minimal and only suggestive evidence to support subliminals in audio recordings and no evidence to support the effectiveness of subaudibles (where the suggestions cannot be heard), he became quite defensive. It may have been because he had sold thousands of his subaudibles and was afraid of being sued for fraud.

You wouldn't be referring to Eldon Taylor, would you?
Mephisticator
View Profile
New user
Canada
61 Posts

Profile of Mephisticator
So... Hypnosis to learn hypnosis?...
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Jason R: No, I don't know Eldon Taylor.

Mephisticator: Many of the hypnosis instructors I know teach while in hypnosis and at least two training groups begin their instruction but putting students in a mild state of trance using an Ericksonian technique.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Subliminal advertising was a hoax from the start. And I know one person who put out very popular subliminal products to stop smoking and to lose weight. He openly admitted to those in his circle that it was just bland whale-song type music with no content. Pure con job.

Jon Chase has a good reputation, and he knows his stuff. But I am still very sceptical of "installing" the learning. I accept what Kraig says about NLP courses making attempts to do that, but that is live training. A generic DVD won't do that.
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
While I don't think that subliminal advertising was simply a hoax, the evidence for its effectiveness has always been extremely limited and many of the marketers using it have taken that limited evidence and expanded it beyond anything legitimate. Specifically, some tests were done in a moderately controlled situation (movie theaters) with subjects having a high degree of expectancy (people going to movies often expect to buy drinks, snacks, etc.) and using only visual subliminals (briefly flashed on the screen). The result was a significant but non-remarkable increase in snacks and drinks. To the best of my knowledge this research has not been replicated and testing using subliminals in other senses (i.e., audios) has not been widely done nor has it shown a similar effect. Personally, I think that audio subliminals have not been tested for effectiveness because marketers of such audios don't want any negative results. Instead, they depend upon analogy (it worked for visuals so it SHOULD work for visuals) and anecdotal evidence (It's worked for me so it must work for you) and enjoy any placebo effects resulting from expectation. (I want to X and this audio is a subliminal for X. X happens to it must have been caused by the subliminal and not from me.)

However, I haven't really investigated this in some time so information may have changed. I'd be delighted to hear from anyone who can post any results of tests on the effectiveness of subliminals.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
I have the new set from Jon Chase and watched it yesterday. It is a good DVD, well produced with lots of gems from JC. You get 5 hypnotists (not JC) delivering 6 inductions as well as his Symbolism technique for change. I will review it properly soon.

It seems 'installation' is 'watching and listening' making this conversation rather funny. No talk of subliminals. This is all explained on the DVD in the best JC interview I have seen or heard. Every questions is on point and one I would have liked to ask him myself.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1777 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Thank you Ant for posting up your mini-review, I can't wait until this ships right to my doorstep Smile

-Jake
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Kraig, the whole subliminal advertising thing (and the cinema experiment) was a hoax perpetrated by James Vicary, who was trying to build up the profile of his advertising consultancy. It worked - for him.

Anthony, thanks for the info. The use of the word installation gave an impression that something sneaky was going on. I am not surprised it is a good DVD. I have read his book, which is solid.
JasonR
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of JasonR
Quote:
On 2011-11-02 13:57, Anthony Jacquin wrote:
I have the new set from Jon Chase and watched it yesterday. It is a good DVD, well produced with lots of gems from JC. You get 5 hypnotists (not JC) delivering 6 inductions as well as his Symbolism technique for change. I will review it properly soon.

It seems 'installation' is 'watching and listening' making this conversation rather funny. No talk of subliminals. This is all explained on the DVD in the best JC interview I have seen or heard. Every questions is on point and one I would have liked to ask him myself.

Anthony

Hey Ant,

I think the reason for the discussion is the following product description, directly from the OPs link:
Quote:
disc 1: The Installation. Watch this with your favorite set of headphones and let The Installers put the vital skills to hypnotize people into your subconscious! One of the most unique learning experiences of any Hypnosis training ever.

I'm not knocking the quality of the product; I haven't seen it, and JC enjoys a favorable reputation. But the way the description is worded, it at least implies that there is more than just watching and listening going on, ya know? Based on the above description, it really does make it sound like by the time disc 1 is finished, you're going to be the Neo of hypnosis. Marketing is marketing, but if it gets too hyperbolic, it's to be expected that people are going to ask questions.

At any rate, I'm glad to hear you're giving it a positive review.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » New Jonathan Chase DVD Set (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL