The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Pure Smoke vs Smoke 2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
magicands
View Profile
New user
Coventry - England
32 Posts

Profile of magicands
Hi again folks, ok, my Pure Smoke has been replaced by Alakazam who were told by Ellusionist to return the faulty item and send me a new one, which, works great by the way.
So hats off to all concerned & common sense has prevailed.
And now to work, I have to recover the money I spent on it !!
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Good to hear.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
GaryLee
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of GaryLee
Has anyone else here been using Magic Smoke version 2 with no sleeves?
MysticJohn
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of MysticJohn
I have a friend with Pure Smoke, the effect is very cool looking , but I fell its a little noisy for my taste, other than that its appears to be a great system.

I use to use an old system with chemicals back in the 90's it was a little complicated but is was totally silent, I grew tired of using it.

In a Puff of Smoke by Gary Ouellet

I believe you can still buy the book to put one together yourself, however the cost is not going to be much different.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
If you don't want the noise or the chemicals then try Magic Smoke 2 from Illusioncraft.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
In case anyone needs a little help with the hook-up of Magic Smoke V2, I put a short explanation with a photo in the secret sessions.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=37&4

Alec
FrenchFryNecromancer
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of FrenchFryNecromancer
I have Pure Smoke and find it to be very uncomfortable to wear. Although, on an average day, I do typically have shoulder and back pain associated with muscle tightness. So, when I wear Pure Smoke, the restricted movement (due mostly to the short length of the tubing) makes my back feel even worse.

Plus, I find that after moving around a bit, the nozzle at my wrist gets detached from the velcro strap. At this point it is just dangling inside my sleeve and not really pointing exactly where I want it. This has happened to me several times. I wish there were a more reliable way to secure the nozzle at your wrist, without having to safety pin it to your shirt.

Slyhand, thanks for comparing these two products. Makes me wonder about this other Magic Smoke 2 system...

One last thing I'd like to mention. One of the original reasons I went with Pure Smoke was Jason Brumbalow talking about working on the colored smoke options. Even the Pure Smoke refills section at Ellusionist describes the colored smoke as "coming soon". After hearing about this colored smoke future option, it tipped the decision making scales in my mind and I went ahead and purchased Pure Smoke. I looked forward to being able to order Black, Green, or even Red colored smoke later on. Sadly, I have yet to hear ANY NEWS LATELY regarding colored smoke options from Ellusionist. I wonder if that project has been cancelled..... :-o

(Oh and the electric pump on my Pure Smoke did not work when I initially received it and had to be replaced. Thankfully, at least, Ellusionist is very good with their customer service.)
Harrismatic
View Profile
Elite user
Greece
434 Posts

Profile of Harrismatic
I was too intrigued by the coloured smoke option when I received a message from adam telling me some info for his device, for the very very cheap refill, for the flexibility of the unit etc and when I told him
"u know coloured smoke would be very impressive". he then told me that he was trying to have coloured smoke too but all attempts were not good as it could not be placed in mouth and as a result it would have
some issues with health. I thing that for some uses I could be tempted to buy pure smoke in order to have coloured smoke but not for the walkaround and from there is the most you can get from a smoke device.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Quote:
On 2012-05-27 00:39, FrenchFryNecromancer wrote:
I have Pure Smoke and find it to be very uncomfortable to wear. Although, on an average day, I do typically have shoulder and back pain associated with muscle tightness. So, when I wear Pure Smoke, the restricted movement (due mostly to the short length of the tubing) makes my back feel even worse.

Plus, I find that after moving around a bit, the nozzle at my wrist gets detached from the velcro strap. At this point it is just dangling inside my sleeve and not really pointing exactly where I want it. This has happened to me several times. I wish there were a more reliable way to secure the nozzle at your wrist, without having to safety pin it to your shirt.

Slyhand, thanks for comparing these two products. Makes me wonder about this other Magic Smoke 2 system...

One last thing I'd like to mention. One of the original reasons I went with Pure Smoke was Jason Brumbalow talking about working on the colored smoke options. Even the Pure Smoke refills section at Ellusionist describes the colored smoke as "coming soon". After hearing about this colored smoke future option, it tipped the decision making scales in my mind and I went ahead and purchased Pure Smoke. I looked forward to being able to order Black, Green, or even Red colored smoke later on. Sadly, I have yet to hear ANY NEWS LATELY regarding colored smoke options from Ellusionist. I wonder if that project has been cancelled..... :-o

(Oh and the electric pump on my Pure Smoke did not work when I initially received it and had to be replaced. Thankfully, at least, Ellusionist is very good with their customer service.)

Do yourself a favor and go ahead and get Magic Smoke V2. I have it on every performance and use it. It does not hinder my movements at all.

Alec
Kim Dèrvan
View Profile
New user
Belgium
29 Posts

Profile of Kim Dèrvan
I also own and use Magic Smoke V2 since a couple of years.
Since a few months my main unit of Magic Smoke V2 isn't working anymore.
I already contacted Illusioncraft and Adam told me that the main unit has to be replaced.
So I ordered a new main unit.

Up till today I haven't received the new main unit.
Since the day I paid for the new main unit, I didn't get any reaction anymore from Adam.
I have already sent several mails to Adam but still without any reaction.

If this is his quality of customer service, then it sucks big time!

If someone knows Adam, please ask him to contact me.
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Not making any excuses for Adam, but I do know that he does work away from the home. A few times I had to be a bit more patience when contacting him. All I can suggest is to keep trying. I'm sure he's not purposely ignoring you.

Hope it all works out.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
rondasue
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of rondasue
Really outstanding conversation. magic smoke for me. I am combining it with the self-bending paper clip. nice combo. thanks for the info.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Pure Smoke vs Smoke 2 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL