The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The October 2011 entrée: Alain Nu » » Anecdotes » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mauricio Jaramillo
View Profile
Elite user
Colombia
413 Posts

Profile of Mauricio Jaramillo
Hey Alain,

Great to have you here as the guest of honor. Do you have a funny or perhaps even horrible anecdote that you wouldn't mind sharing? Perhaps something strange or very unexpected that happened in one of your stage shows or on your TV program; would love to read about it.
Alain Nu
View Profile
V.I.P.
256 Posts

Profile of Alain Nu
The other day, someone asked me, "Can you hypnotize me?"

I replied, "In fact I made you ask me that!"

:)
Alain Nu
View Profile
V.I.P.
256 Posts

Profile of Alain Nu
By the way Mauricio, I'm a big fan of your work!

Here's a strange one...

FACT: Shooting for TLC went from Dec 27th 2004 to late March, 2005. Every day that was a scheduled "shoot day" out of 16 were "good-weather" days. Out of sixteen scheduled shoots, five days looked as if we were going to get rained out, and on those times, I looked at the sky and asked it not to-- strangely it didn't! Mind you, I haven't since tried to control the weather, as I'm not one to desire that kind of responsibility, so I don't feel that is something I want to have any control over doing, but I did find that experience to be amazing each time it didn't rain!

Alain
Alain Nu
View Profile
V.I.P.
256 Posts

Profile of Alain Nu
In the spirit of Halloween...

I was hanging out with Chris Fleming about a year and a half ago. Chris is the host of the TV Show "Psychic Kids". He showed me an EVP device that is NOT A MAGIC TRICK. It's a device that allows you a chance to see if you can interpret voices and sounds from hearing an AM/FM radio pulse forwards or backwards one second at a time up or down the dial.

Anyway, there's an African American comedian named Donnell with us, and we're in the bar on the top level of the Sheraton in Boston (ok, no jokes please). We're all there at a conference, and we're all hanging out at the end of the day. So after I request to see a ghost-device he's talking about, Fleming reaches into his backpack, and pulls it out like his favorite toy without hesitation. I make a comment saying, "So we are, right NOW, going to contact spirits on the top floor of the Sheraton?" He replies, "Spirits are everywhere... they'll attach themselves to other people or anywhere that there was once people... it's really more about whether they are in the mood to communicate with you." I figure, I have an open mind, and Donnell looked interested too. So let's just go with it...

So Fleming shows us how it works, and then he says, while we're all listening to the somewhat creepy sound of the thing (through iPod speakers) pulsing ominously backwards on the AM dial, "So does anyone want to start by asking a question?" Both Donnell and I were at a loss of words (wouldn't you be?), so Chris asks (into the "air" mind you-- since there is no microphone), "If there is anyone who can hear us who would like to communicate with us, could you please send us some kind of a confirmation?" Within seconds, we all hear the word "YES." come in loud and clear. Now mind you, the radio sounds that were coming out sounded as if sometimes the signal landed on a part of the dial that was tuned into a station and that what you were hearing was a radio announcer's voice for a split second before it pulsed over to the next station. Nevertheless, both Donnell and I were SPOOKED to hear that come from the radio and so quickly after Chris spoke his words! We were now part of it. He now had both Donnell and I transfixed on what might happen next...

"We are not sure if that was a random accident or if that was someone actually trying to contact us," Chris said, as if he was now reading OUR minds, "So if you can give us something more, like a countdown..." Within SECONDS of him saying this, the radio (while pulsing on different stations, mind you) starts to COUNT "Two, three, five, six, seven" something like that, it wasn't exact, but we definitely heard what sounded like NUMBERS surfacing on the stations that you could hear something!

Almost immediately after that, Chris says, "Can you tell me what his name is?" while pointing to Donnell. The only thing that is going through my head at this point is "NO F'n WAY!!!" Donnell looks like he's thinking the same thing as me. Suddenly, the machine says "Don", and Donnell, whose friends and family call him Don, becomes so freaked out, he JUMPS out of his seat and runs backwards 20 feet to the bar, and waves goodbye and goodnight to both of us. He was truly "out of there" at that point, and I was flabbergasted. I shook hands with him, congratulating Chris Fleming, for my first real "ON DEMAND paranormal experience."

There is actually a lot more to this whole story, but I will stop here.

Happy Halloween everyone!!!

Beast Witches,

Alain Nu
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5930 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Wow, what an experience!

Thanks for sharing it.

Happy Halloween!
H2Odesign
View Profile
Regular user
the Armpit of the Panhandle
193 Posts

Profile of H2Odesign
I have had my show of freakdom for the day. TRICK or TREAT is what's left!

I wish to hear more of this or other similar events today:
So mote it be,

Larry
Alain Nu
View Profile
V.I.P.
256 Posts

Profile of Alain Nu
"So mote it be" was once the insignia of my old friend Carl Heron aka "Brother Shadow", who used it all the time. I know he is still around, but I haven't heard from him in ages. Thank you for reminding me of him, Larry. Here's a toast to you, Brother Shadow, wherever you are!

Glad you liked my story-- every bit of it is true! Plus the voices that were heard were not the same voice. It was as if the signal landed on a radio announcer's voice just as he/she happened to be saying the exact words heard... truly spooky.

Alain Nu
Mauricio Jaramillo
View Profile
Elite user
Colombia
413 Posts

Profile of Mauricio Jaramillo
Thanks for that comment Alain, really made my day! Smile

Great stories too, thanks for sharing them! I've had a weird "ghost" experience as well and love hearing about them, especially from our mentalism community.
Alain Nu
View Profile
V.I.P.
256 Posts

Profile of Alain Nu
Do tell!!! It's still Halloween!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The October 2011 entrée: Alain Nu » » Anecdotes » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL