The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Need more help on my quest for stage stuff :) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
I tried googling some stuff and didn't seem to come up with anything. Curious if I could get some links or sites for the things I'm looking for.

Im wondering if there are some instructional dvds with basic routines for these things.

- Appearing / Disappearing candles

- Dancing cane (I know McBride has his revolution dvd, is there anything else?)
- Curious if there is a vanishing dancing cane? It would be cool if I could make it vanish or turn into silks, kinda like the normal vanishing cane.

- Anything Fire magic (for dove productions / vanishes, candle productions / vanishes, ect)

Just trying to find as much material to research as I can. Any help would be wonderful.

Edit: I was checking out Abbots website, and it seems I cant get everything I'm looking for in white, Im looking for everything to be white, dancing cane, candles, appearing and disappearing canes, all white.. anyone have any other trustworthy sites for these things?

Thanks
-Derek
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
- Fantasio published a book on cane and candle magic. Michael P. Lair has a DVD on same.

- Dancing cane (I know McBride has his revolution dvd, is there anything else?)
- There is a Tango Dancing Cane DVD, but I am not familiar with it.

- Curious if there is a vanishing dancing cane? It would be cool if I could make it vanish or turn into silks, kinda like the normal vanishing cane.
- Years ago there was a hookup for doing this, but I haven't looked for one, so I don't know whether it is still available.

- Anything Fire magic (for dove productions / vanishes, candle productions / vanishes, etc.)
- Go to http://www.hocus-pocus.com, click "SHOP ONLINE" link, and select the "Fire Magic" category on the left side of the screen. Ellusionist also has a smoke gimmick that looks pretty cool, but I haven't actually seen one.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
TheMagicOfDean
View Profile
Regular user
What!? I Only Have
103 Posts

Profile of TheMagicOfDean
Hey dude, If you want a DVD by Jeff McBride, he has one more called Magic On Stage. If I am not wrong, Dancing Cane is in Volume 2. Yea, and regarding the Dancing Cane hook-up mentioned earlier, that gimmick was sold by Fantasio. Get the Vortex Dancing Cane by Jeff McBride instead.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7383 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On 2011-11-02 14:22, ClintonMagus wrote:
- Fantasio published a book on cane and candle magic. Michael P. Lair has a DVD on same.

David Ginn published a series of 6 books on Fantasio Cane and Candle Magic, with Fantasio's permission. This was many years ago, so you'll have to seek them out.

Also, Fantasio himself had a hardcover book that had some of cane and candle info in it. This is a different book again. Also, there are a couple of Fantasio lecture videos out there -- not sure if they were converted to DVD.

Remember that they are no longer making Fantasio products, so they are getting harder to find.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5700 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
You shouldn't have much problem using a vanishing can for a dancing effect. I can describe how to make the gimmick and one of the things you may have to tweak in order to keep the cane upright. Fantasio used to sell a vanishing/dancing cane, but I see no reason why most any vanishing cane can't be used. But, I think a plastic one would work best. This would be better to discuss is Secret Sessions.
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Before you get too deep into working on Fire Magic, ask yourself what venues you plan to do this in. There are so many places today where you cannot use ANY fire onstage... and that includes the Magic Castle.
Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3399 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Dennis,
I think you can still do limited fire magic in the Palace at the castle. But not the other rooms.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22126 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Again, I gave you this address already.

http://www.fantasio.com

Can't you click on an Internet address?

Again Fantasio Dancing Cane gimmick is sold separately. Just search Google for "Fantasio Dancing Cane", you already asked this in another thread.

Here is your other topic, it has all this information already.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=10&22
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
If you check, this post is an older post that someone replied to and brought back up to the top wmhedbli. Cant you see the date???
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
This post was moved from the Grand Illusion forum to this one, thus it appears that our friend Mr. Castillo, has reposted the same topic in here in the Manipulation Forum, but it's not the case Mr. Hegblini.

Have a great day men!
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22126 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2011-11-07 14:12, Derek Castillo wrote:
If you check, this post is an older post that someone replied to and brought back up to the top wmhegbli. Cant you see the date???

WOW! Really old, one day, same questions. How about reading the answers and checking out the references when members are kind enough to take the time to try and help you. It shows you appreciate their efforts.

Anyway, if you would have checked out the Internet address I took the time to post for you, you would have found that Fantasio sells all white Canes and Candles on his site.

As a side note, you cannot or shouldn't perform the Fantasio Dancing cane with a white cane. Well, you could, but it is not advised. If you do want to experiment, buy the Dancing Cane kit and alter as in the Fantasio Cane and Candles Book, also sold at half price on Fantasio Internet site.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Need more help on my quest for stage stuff :) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL