The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Nut Waltz Mariano Goni (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
MarianoG
View Profile
Veteran user
SPAIN
336 Posts

Profile of MarianoG
Thanks Cody! I wish I can invite YOU to dinner in Dallas! That is, when I convince someone in the U.S.A. to call me to lecture there... still no answer from Hank Lee to go to Cape Cod Conclave...:/

Carlos Hampton (you know him) has finally agreed to carry my lecture here in Spain/France/Portugal so I will be busy here...

Regarding the Bill comment, I'm sure it was a bit impulsive, led from so many bad tricks/demo videos... I'd say, before commenting on anything, check what the author has done before,
who is he, etc...
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Mariano: I will suggest booking you to IMX in Las Vegas 21-23 May. We could both do our Nuttiest Tricks Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Doug Peters
View Profile
Special user
I have a life, so I only have
591 Posts

Profile of Doug Peters
Love the development of this nutty thing -- kudos to Mariano!
"if you have any answers, it's time to ask harder questions!"
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Proving we are all NUTTY.

I'll tell you one thing. From my experience AUDIENCES LOVE IT.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Quote:
On 2011-11-03 05:00, wmhegbli wrote:
This trick has already been created by Dai Vernon and is published in his book. This is a totally un-real version of the classic effect. Come on, who actually do formal close-up so Slydini lapping moves can be used.

Don't waste your time or money or something you can never perform in the real world.

Pete,
Yes, my groups DO love both "Nutty Surprise" and "Nut Waltz". Many of them have
never heard of Dai Vernon, so this gives me a chance to introduce them to the man.

I'm honoured to be able to relate a story about "The Professor", using both of your concepts.

In the dvd Mariano discusses several methods for performing this not just the seated version.
You don't have to use lapping methods to steal or ditch.

There is always another way to perform a sleight. I even think that Dai Vernon, would absolutely be thrilled to perform "Nut Waltz" and "Nutty Surprise" for that matter. I would like to see your version sir?

Please reconsider your remarks. Mariano has shown much class and humility in all of his posts. I cannot say the same for you my friend. Not in this case. You totally missed the mark. He deserves a modicum of respect for putting his ideas out there.

I always gave you the benefit of doubt in other discussion where folks disagreed with you. Not here, no sir!
You have absolutely no right to make those remarks if you don't own "Nut Waltz".

I'd even go so far as to lend you mine, so you can see how hasty your remarks were.
I'm offended, as a proud owner of Mariano's idea.

To your concern on credits, He does include a menu selection in the dvd which give proper credit to the men,
who came along the "Walnut Trail" with this idea.

Clearly, you don't know what you are talking about on this one sir.
How can you? You don't own "Nut Waltz".

This can be performed in the "real world" and it's evident in Mariano's Live
version in front of an audience at "Houdini's" It bears scrutiny under
close-up conditions because of the handling of the paper tube. If you owned
the dvd, you would understand the reasoning for the handling, which gives solid
reasoning for covering up the glass.

You ask, "Who actually does formal close-up, which allows you to use Slydini moves?"
Some of us do, clearly you do not these days. Slydini also did, as you mentioned,
and to add Mariano does. Get out there and try it again guy!

I'm very dissapointed in your remarks. I had you at the very top of my list of
individuals, whom I take the time to read entire posts. I never once have dismissed what you have said, until now.

In closing, I believe if "The Professor" were here, he would scold you for
putting words in his mouth or trying to come to his defense.

Some of the methods are very different along with the fact that he includes a kicker ending, which is seems uniquely Mariano's idea. He has made a good idea even better with this.

Have a good day sir!

Great Job Mariano! Te dije que hay celosos aqui!
Dev/
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
This looks absolutely incredible. I heard about this from Cody Fisher, and I'm definitely going to be purchasing this. Great work Mariano!!
Ezzet
View Profile
Veteran user
Sweden
391 Posts

Profile of Ezzet
Already on my christmas list.
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
Mariano,

For the Texas lecture circuit you need to contact Scott Wells...would love to see you over here in the U.S.

Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Cody, the lectures in El Paso, Tx. virtually died when ReyRey left town (grin).

El Paso was a very needed gateway to Arizona from the Austin or Dallas region.
It was a welcome pitstop for any lecturer traveling to get some rest, and a gig
as they either headed east or west on the interstate.

I'm saddened to hear, that the I.B.M. Ring there has gone dormant.

I remember ReyRey once brought in Jeff McBride, Lance Burton, John & Tammy Calvert, Ali Bongo, Jeff Ezell,
Cody Fisher, Dirk Losander, Ted Lesley, Bill Palmer, Michael Close, and Ray Banks for performances and lectures.

Mariano,
Magic Café' members, CSMTree (Bill Ogletree) and Father Photius, still live there in El Paso.
You may wish to talk with them, if you want to round out your Texas experience with a vist to West Texas.

I mention the following here out of a possibility, that there is a glitch on your message board.
I've posted several hints on your bulletin board as it relates to "Nut Waltz", none of them have shown up.

Dev/
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
MarianoG
View Profile
Veteran user
SPAIN
336 Posts

Profile of MarianoG
Thanks for the info, I will try and contact people there!

Regarding the forum... I'm struggling to get the permissions and set full access to the users but I could not solve it yet.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Anyone in the U.S. that is having difficulty finding real walnuts... PM me.
MarianoG
View Profile
Veteran user
SPAIN
336 Posts

Profile of MarianoG
Forum is now ok... nice idea Devious.
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
El Paso was a GREAT place to lecture...still remember you guys. I also remember driving straight through from San Francisco the day before!!!

Cody
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Both videos were great to watch, seated and standing. Nice job.
robbyrob
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
66 Posts

Profile of robbyrob
I got to say I just picked up this effect and it rocks! The gimmicks are beautiful and the dvd is informative with lots of extra ideas. Buen trabajo Mariano! I also have to give a "shout out" to El Paso, TX! I grew up there and it's great to see the magic community has evolved (with help of the internet I'm sure) since I was a kid. It was hard to find fellow magicians back in the day. If you lecture in Texas I would love to see it! I will be there in December/January. Or I'd be happy to pass along a good word to my friends at the shops in NY or Baltimore!

Saludos,

Rob
Shakey
View Profile
Veteran user
In over 4 million i've made
360 Posts

Profile of Shakey
This is fantastic, good work and thanks for sharing.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
So to get this right, this is not going to be a trick for the table hoppers...~?
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
MarianoG
View Profile
Veteran user
SPAIN
336 Posts

Profile of MarianoG
Are you implying that there's more table hopping style of magic than any other?

If it COULD be done at a overbloated restaurant table, I myself would never dream to present it there... unless you use to perform linking rings or card manipulation table hopping...

I think there are effects that have to be present in the right place, the right atmosphere to be appreciated and respected.

This does not mean you can't adapt the routine for kids, for example.

But for me, I only do this in shows.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Here are a some points to ponder,

. You will need to have a basic mastery of "vanishing" a walnut.
. You will need to be able to steal a walnut from your person.
. "Nut Waltz" is not self-working.
. No patter is mentioned on the dvd.
. The glass is like any you may have at home. The base is very solid, but still glass.
. There are both spanish and english menus on the dvd.
. You will need to make your own tube, with any common paper.
. In the mouth up position, the gimmick is invisible.
. You can create your own gimmick, if you damage yours and perhaps even improve it with some creativity.
. You will not be performing this right out of the box. It requires some practice to make it clean.
. You will need to acquire your own real walnuts.
. You can gimmick the tube, to make the handling even easier.(Mariano's Forum lists the method)
. The dvd explains a glass through the table routine. This will allow you to switch out for the real glass.
. You don't need to use Mariano's handling to perform this. You can come up with your own transitions.
. The glass may be used to "appear" other items from your show as long as they will fit inside.

My audiences thus far have enjoyed "Nut Waltz". I've never once had someone suspect the glass.
To answer a question from previous, this showcase effect is best "served" in a parlour setting.

You need the entire table space to perform this, I wouldn't dream of asking for someone to move a dinner plate or drink to accommodate my "magic. It's poor tableside etiquette

I always try and make my footprint in any table hopping environment, as minimal as possible. I use Scott Guinn's Performance Pad Gimmick which allows you to clamp your pad onto any table surface.

Having said that, would you really want table hop with two glasses,
a paper tube, walnuts, along with your other items for table work?

When I've performed this, I crack open the nuts and pass them to the spectators,
along with a water filled glass at the close.

It's a fun moment when I pour water into the glass, and say,
"Hey, I'm providing the entertainment(pause), the food (pause), AND the drinks!"
I've had a few say, "Hey well how about some real drinks then?"
FUN STUFF
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Shakey
View Profile
Veteran user
In over 4 million i've made
360 Posts

Profile of Shakey
I am having trouble with the load for this - the nut isn't stopping at the top of the glass, but appearing somewhat prematurely.
Can anyone give any pointers
Thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Nut Waltz Mariano Goni (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL