The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The Notebooks Volume 1 - Mystical Readings (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1759 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Luke is like a Jim Morrison in mentalism, you can't get over that he is genius but he is still a highly controversial character...would love a copy of this product regardless.

Happy Holidays,
-Jake
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11879 Posts

Profile of John C
You can save some pounds here. I will bite the bullet and get this for my wife's Xmas present. If she doesn't want it heck then I might as well read it!

http://www.lulu.com/product/ebook/from-t......sSection
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On 2011-12-24 10:41, johncesta wrote:
You can save some pounds here. I will bite the bullet and get this for my wife's Xmas present. If she doesn't want it heck then I might as well read it!

:rotf: Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

I should try this and buy my wife some cool mentalism stuff! Smile

Ray
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1875 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
I started reading through it and will post more once I am done digesting. For now though, I am wondering if Luke has read or is familiar with Enrique's "Invisible Readings". Some of the material is eerily familiar
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13144 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On 2011-12-24 10:41, johncesta wrote:

John, heads up. The Lulu version used Adobe DigitalEditions so it is using ADRM and can only be read or downloaded on PCs using that software. It cannot be read on a Kindle or IPad.

Tony
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11879 Posts

Profile of John C
Adobew

Posted: Dec 24, 2011 6:23pm
I don't know what I said above but perhaps it's my newest mentalism effect.
Tony you can get the adobe stuff to share downloads between your tablets etc but it's not worth the effort if there are other options.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
I've ordered it. I hope I don't regret it.
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1875 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Quote:
On 2011-12-25 17:01, JohnWells wrote:
I've ordered it. I hope I don't regret it.

Definitely nothing to regret. Having read though it a couple of times I have found much to inspire and stimulate my imagination. I particularly like his use of the pendulum and more specifically, his wording.

I also found the routine called Marked Personality to be an excellent use of regular playing cards as an oracle. There's a strong kicker ending to this routine, as well.

Mind Museum is good. I love the first part with the automatic writing demonstration. This is something I will use and because it's a flexible idea, I can adapt it to my own style. As for the rest of Mind Museum, Im not quite sure I understand it, nor can I ever see myself getting THAT intimate with a spectator.

Regardless of his opinion of genuine readers, I can appreciate his approach to divination from the point of view of an entertainer. He seem to have no issue combining age old mind reading techniques with his oracle readings. Whether this is appropriate or not is a subject for another thread, but I can imagine strong reactions with this approach
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1759 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Awesome review, sounds like Mr. Jermay has another winner here. Thanks for the lulu link, ill order a copy when I get my check tomorrow and also post up a nice little review!

-Jake
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1875 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Yes, very good material and food for thought. Bare in mind the text is riddled with typos and incomplete sentences. This doesn't bother me. The instruction is clearly understood, although occasionally you will need to read a line over a couple of times.

I typically perform in venues with dozens, if not hundreds of guests. I would love to know the close-up venues Luke performs in I'm wondering how he manages his time when covering a crowd of people at an event He states that his palmistry routine was crafted for the strolling performer, yet this sequence can easily last five to six minutes and should really be presented one on one.

Very useful information though. I will use these ideas in more intimate settings, or perhaps for the organizers of the event during an offbeat moment.

Posted: Dec 26, 2011 10:04pm
The Instant Oracle is another idea I really like. It's basically a low tech spirit bell with a great presentation around fortune telling and pendulums. The thinking here is quite good. What starts out as a little game on par with horoscopes and fortune cookies, ends with a genuine paranormal mystery.

One thing worth mentioning, there's a reference to a list of "fortunes" which should have been included in the PDF. I couldn't find them so I assume they were left out. I came up with a different solution so if you're interested, just PM me with the name of the author Luke references in the first paragraph of "The Instant Oracle" and I'll share the idea with you
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
This was pretty good. A few things I will definitely make use of. I would not call Luke a reader, nor would he so name himself, in the sense of a private consultant, but there are some very nice ideas. The rate of exchange took the price out of "great value for the money" range, but that's not anyone's fault but mine for being in the US, and it's an adequate value for just under $50. I've paid that much for crap (something about Edgar CAyce and a mirror-I forget), and this is not crap. Recommended.
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
I've been using a couple of ideas from this in a few of my private readings, and it's growing on me. I'll be doing a little more roadtesting in a fair week after next, and we'll see how it goes.
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Before I get quite ticked off, did Luke credit The Alphabet of the Human Heart (kerr and Johnstone) for all of his reader's alphabet cues save one, and I just missed it?
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Apparently not. Here's a link. Even some of the memory cues are identical. Unless Luke also publishes under the name of one of the two authors, I can't get past the notion that this is wholesale plagiarism.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/articl......ier.html
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2187 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Ironically, I think the Reader's Alphabet was the weakest part of the eBook.

d
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
I';ve been using it, and it's effective. The KEN system has been my go-to oracle for years, and this is an extra layer. It may be my background in academia, but plagiarism ****es me off. The material is available free on the net. At the very least he could have acknowkledged where it came from rather than claiming it as his. His use of it is original; he loses nothing by noting his sources, and has lost a great deal of my respect for him as an author.
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2187 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Absolutely. In fact, I think that people tend to be more impressed when an author thoroughly credits his/her work.
I'm glad you're having success with the system though.
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The Notebooks Volume 1 - Mystical Readings (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL