The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Blind Love, A Magical Tribute to Steve Jobs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paul Gertner
View Profile
V.I.P.
146 Posts

Profile of Paul Gertner
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1552 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Beautiful paul, it is a pity that he died.
Pablo
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1358 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
Very creative. Despite the title, I wonder how many people will really register that you are performing blind?
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1089 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
You're a class act, Mr. Gertner! I hope that Jobs' kids get the chance to see this wonderful magical tribute someday. Thanks for sharing.

Best,
MJ
WolfgangWollet
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of WolfgangWollet
Wow.....
Keith Raygor
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
961 Posts

Profile of Keith Raygor
Beautiful ideas that were wonderfully executed. And passion, to boot.
I appreciate your work, and that you shared it with us.
Paul Gertner
View Profile
V.I.P.
146 Posts

Profile of Paul Gertner
Geoff, I'm so glad you picked up on that, I wonder about that too. The act is done totally sightless, once the iPad is in front of my face I can't see a thing.
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
I'm glad Geoff pointed that out, because it's not something that registered with me the first time I watched the performance (which means the illusion was very effective). That does make the act all the more impressive. Well done, Paul!
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
715 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
Paul,

I had the luck of seeing you perform this at the convention in Saint Louis. Truly impressive. Glad I had the chance to see it again. You sir, are one very creative person. Thank you for sharing.
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2662 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Yes the fact that it does take a little while for the thought to appear makes it that much better. I was about half way through it before I realized he couldn't see. And I think that will be the
case with most. They will get it.

Very well done.

Tom
Do What Others Do And You Will Become Average

The Daycare Magician Book
www.amazekids.com/magic-downloads/childrens-magic-ebooks/the-daycare-magician/

Tom Boleware
www.tomboleware.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
U N B E L I E V A B L E
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Paul Gertner
View Profile
V.I.P.
146 Posts

Profile of Paul Gertner
The other thing I am curious about is if anyone picked up on the fact that at the end of the routine when the cards are spread into the heart shape that after all the shuffling the cards are separated red and black. I doubt if it is noticeable but it is something I put in there to keep with the theme of separation, or two people being separated by magic. The initial version of the routine had me tossing the photograph onto the floor, and choosing the cards over the woman, but people who saw that version said that ending made them very uncomfortable, so I lighten the ending with the photo going into the center of the heart.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5842 Posts

Profile of motown
Wonderful!
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
865 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Absolutely wonderful. Thanks.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
Paul Gertner
View Profile
V.I.P.
146 Posts

Profile of Paul Gertner
My video Blind love is featured today on the Indiewire/Pressplay video blog along with an extensive interview about the piece. You can see it at this link.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/pressplay/f9e......38165f92
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Blind Love, A Magical Tribute to Steve Jobs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL