The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Plastic jumbo coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2011-11-13 11:56, ChrisG wrote:
These range from 2 1/8" to 3"

http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/browse......=12/3902

Those are the ones I showed a picture of. They have 3" coins, and I have bought them in the past.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2011-11-07 15:39, Pete Biro wrote:
Fred Kaps used drink coasters for his jumbo coin manipulation act.

Just viewed the "Seeing is Believing" DVD seveal time, and in the 1976 Snip en Snap II portion Kaps is using metal coins. He hits them together many times and there is an audible clunk with each strike.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Correct. Fred FOUND metal drink coasters in a department store in Amsterdam to use in his act. He did the routine for me in his living room well before he put it into his act.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Sneaky Pete, most bar coasters in Europe are round cardboard. How sneaky of you to leave out that important information out of your comment. Informing the Café members that it was not a common drink coaster.

The ones sold by Stevens Magic years ago were almost exact replicas of the Kaps coins, as seen in the Jeff McBride video I referenced above.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Pretty Sneaky was Don Alan's book title.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Jim, I found your plastic 3" jumbo coin in silver here:

http://www.maxello.com/index.php?p=9201&c=6&q=9601&r=8&h=0 Scroll down the page.

They only have them in Quarter, Dime, and Penny. It does not say if the Penny is copper or silver.

I have ordered from Maxello Magic and they deliver fast, about 10 days. They are also a Magic Café advertiser.
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
Sadly... after much seaching.. Jumbo plastic coins are nohwere to be found. I found a place in China that will make them for me, but the price is astronomical due to the cost of mold making and the initial run of 5,000 coins.

However.. on a happier note... How much of a call do you think there would be for a jumbo shell for a standard jumbo metal coin? I found a way to make them in whichever 4" jumbo you may need... but before I go through the process.. I'd love to know how many people really WANT them!!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I figured you would come to the rescue Smile Smile Smile
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
But will people BUY them?
That's the question.
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
If you make it, they will buy.
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Plastic jumbo coins (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL