The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Question about silk stripe flip (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mcvicarthetrickster
View Profile
Regular user
St. Louis, MO
115 Posts

Profile of mcvicarthetrickster
I'm trying to find a place to purchase a large black and white striped silk to perform the stripe flip effect. I've seen them advertised for sale as the flying bars silk or at SEO magic website as stripe flip effect. Both would work but I would like to find a better quality silk as I would also like to use the same silk for the silk through mic stand and them possible use the silk for a wine bottle production, any suggestions would be helpful.

Josh
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22734 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The trick is called Rice's Flying Bars Silk and is available from the creator, they advertise in this section.

http://www.silkkingmagic.com/Rice's%20F......Silk.htm

This is excellent and of the highest quality Japanese silk.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7392 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I second the Rice's recommendation. If Ruth cannot help you, get back to me I have anther option.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
mcvicarthetrickster
View Profile
Regular user
St. Louis, MO
115 Posts

I order the rice silk last night, I wasn't sure if this came with a reel or if I would need to buy a better one. Also do you suggest using this silk for silk through mic stand
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7392 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
No, though you could. I think it is best done as a separate effect.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22734 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2011-11-07 16:15, mcvicarthetrickster wrote:
I order the rice silk last night, I wasn't sure if this came with a reel or if I would need to buy a better one. Also do you suggest using this silk for silk through mic stand

The silk does not come with a reel, but it does come with directions for a reel method - handling and a non-reel method - handling in the instructions.

The silk through Mic Stand can be performed with this silk, but this is an 18" size, some believe the silk through mic stand and serpent silk should use a 24" size silk, but an 18" will work as well.
mcvicarthetrickster
View Profile
Regular user
St. Louis, MO
115 Posts

Where would you suggest getting a 24 inch silk for silk through mic stand and after silk through mic stand, my hope was to use that same silk for a bottle production.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Question about silk stripe flip (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL