The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Grail Gold Edition (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2193 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Guys,

I have posted a demo of one of the effect from the Grail Gold Edition. I have included both a hit and non hit.
http://youtu.be/tiRA9r0gSvI

Best Regards

Peter
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7590 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I thought this latest gold version of the effect was identical to the original version but with added performance methods.

I know my original version contained a gimmicked prediction that the spec couldn't handle.

This looks too good to be true. I hope I'm wrong.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2193 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Pegasus,

What you have just seen is the The Holy Grail from the Grail Gold Edition. This does not use a gimmicked prediction card. I have been performing this version of the grail along with my two deck version for a few years

Regards

Peter.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7590 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Ok you got me there. My order's in.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Nice demo Peter Smile Can you tell us how often the "non hit" occurs compared to the "hit"? Can the spectator really and completely examine the cards before the dealing phase? And one last question (sorry for that): what are the advantages of the "Gold edition" compared to the previous edition of "the Grail"?
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10498 Posts

Profile of saysold1
And Peter...

Would you be kind enough to reiterate that you or Mike Rose have no issue with Shin's new "Think" effect - that you are satisfied as you said before that there will be crediting to Mike?
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
MichaelB
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of MichaelB
Peter, no disrespect intended here because the effect you all are going for with this plot is lofty. And if people are looking for "real" magic well .... uh... good luck on that. that said...........

Do you really consider the number "11" a "non-hit"? I just watched video once casually and I could see and piece together how easily an adjustment from 12 to 11 could be made "on the fly". I would hardly consider going from number 12 to 11 a hit vs. a non-hit?

how about going from 12 to 35? Wouldn't that be a better representation of what a "non hit" would involve?

what additional fumbling and/or extra overhead business would be added to trick (and video) for that type of a "non hit" ? That is what I am concerned about as a prospective purchaser of this product.

I'm not looking for real magic in a plot like this but when I perform it is for spectators who are reasonably aware/intelligent and paying at least fairly close attention. By the looks of that video it appears to me your range of acceptable numbers selected by spectator would be awfully tight.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7590 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Perhaps it was a coincidence but the other, older demo video, number 12 was also chosen.
MichaelB
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of MichaelB
Yea pegasus I noticed that as well? I must be missing something here? we ask spectators to "suspend their disbelief" and I'm willing to do a little of that as well when I purchase/tricks ideas from creators of effects. But I'm having some trouble with this(?).
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2193 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
There are only 52 cards in a pack guys. Certain numbers come up a hell of a lot as anyone that perform any routine using 2 digit numbers will know Smile

The new demo shows both sides of the effect hit and non hit

Regards.

Peter
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2193 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Ps 12 -35 would look exactly the same as 12-11 EXACTLY THE SAME Smile
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2193 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi saysold,

I have spoken with Shin and he tells me the effects are different and he's going to credit Mike so its all goodt. He is a clever cookie so I'm looking forward to seeing and playing with "Think"

Regards

Peter
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Peter, as a potential purchaser of the Grail "Gold Edition", I'd like to know the difference between this one and the "old" edition (you can pm me if there is a risk of exposure...). Thanks!
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2193 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Do you have the old version?

Peter
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On 2011-11-07 11:31, Peter Nardi wrote:
Do you have the old version?

Peter

Of course, otherwise I wouldn't ask that question!
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2193 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Well in the new version, you have the following Smile

A. Gold Edition

Every Alakazam Effect which carries the Gold Edition mark will have a number of new routines/bonus footage that never appeared with the first version!

The Grail Gold Edition now contains the following new material:

The Holy Grail

This is the version of the Grail that Peter Nardi has been performing for over 2 years (this version totally blew David Blaine away when Peter performed it for him).

Imagine handing your spectator a small black envelope which they are instructed to place in their pocket. A packet of cards are introduced and your spectator is asked to name a number between 1-52.  Whichever number they name (no force) is the number we go with.   The cards are removed from the deck and handed to the Spectator to examine.  Once your spectator is happy the deck is normal they count through the cards to their chosen number.  The card exactly at their number (not the card before or after) is seen to be lets say the 3 of clubs. Your spectator removes the envelope from his pocket and removes the odd backed card inside, it’s the perfect match.

1. Only one envelope
2. Only One Card in the Envelope
    Magician never touches the Card or envelope once removed from the spectators       pocket
3.  Only one deck used
4.  Deck is examined
5.  No switching of card or envelope.
6.  No Palming, adding or taking anything away
7.  Easy to Perform and carry on using the deck for the rest of your set after the effect.

Peter Nardi’s Impossible Grail Opener (Stage Version)

If you perform a cabaret or stage act this opener is for you.  A great impossible effect to kick off your  show and gets you a randomly selected volunteer up on stage to help with your next effect!

Peter Nardi’s Two Person Any Card At Any Number?

This is the ideal version to perform for a competition piece, parlour performance or when ever you have a table to perform on.  Peter uses this as a sit-down routine when he has a couple to perform to.

Two decks of card are introduced, One red and one blue.  One spectator selects a deck and chooses a card sight unseen.  The second spectator names a number between 1-52 and deals down to that number in the other deck.  Both cards match!

This is a real nailer and really plays big with a fantastic connection/coincidence premise!

Peter Nardi’s Impromptu Grail

Now you can perform the great card at any number with your spectators own deck!!!

The Grail Gold Edition comes with the above routines and even more additional ideas - the definitive work on Mike Rose's NOW CLASSIC effect!

I hope that helps

Best Regards

Peter
elierfr
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of elierfr
I've also the old edition and for me it is the same principle....
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2193 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
The grail gold is aimed at people who don't already own the grail. The disc has a few more routines and ideas using the principle

I'm not trying to convince any of you to upgrade your Grail.

Regards

Peter
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On 2011-11-07 11:54, Peter Nardi wrote:
The grail gold is aimed at people who don't already own the grail. The disc has a few more routines and ideas using the principle

I'm not trying to convince any of you to upgrade your Grail.

Regards

Peter

Thanks for this answer, Peter Smile So it is the same principle (except in the first demo it is a 5H and in the old one a QS...).
Loz
View Profile
Special user
London
770 Posts

Profile of Loz
I think its a good idea that Peter resurrects this to highlight how good it is. I bought it when it first came out and decided the "shortcomings" of the method were too much and it languished in a drawer. I am now revisiting this and think I was stupid. (BTW I have no connection with Peter!)

I think one of the issues is the way it was mistakenly perceived (and perhaps marketed) as an ACAAN. The ACAAN community is an obsessive bunch and imho its best to steer clear of them for fear of being infected by the same disease (I certainly had a good run in with the illness but think I'm coming through it). It of course is not strictly an ACAAN, but in my opinion a strict ACAAN is not a a very entertaining or direct effect whereas this is. What Peter showed in the "miss" demo is perfectly representative of real life. In retrospect I think it was the lack of DVD/video with the original that meant people didn't believe (wrongly) that it could be done smoothly and convincingly. It was simply an A5 two side piece of card with instructions - ahh the old days Smile

Of course much of this is to do with Shin Lim's "Think" which, almost ironically, highlighted why The Grail is a good effect and method. Anyway, my two cents.

L
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Grail Gold Edition (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL