The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Grail Gold Edition (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
748 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
"The Grail Odds" iPhone App is for use with "The Grail" by Mike Rose. You must own "The Grail" card trick in order to benefit from this App. The instructions for "The Grail" card trick will not be explained as to not give away the secret to anyone not owning "The Grail".

What this App does is eliminate you from having to do any calculations, removing any memory work and allowing you to concentrate on your presentation.

"I The love the Grail ACAAN but I hate doing math in my head with the new Grail app there is no more math so I can just work on the presentation, with Carls app anyone can do this awesome ACAAN Effect with ease." - Erick Olson

"Really nice Carl.
The Grail has never been easier to perform. What a great idea!!"
Peter Nardi (AIMC)
(Associate Of The Inner Magic Circle)

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-grail......567?mt=8

http://www.mojosoftwareonline.com
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1325 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
So, from the audience standpoint, what is the purpose of the app?
saunders
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of saunders
Ive got the grail and also think its great. I just need to practice the memory work a little to get it down more smoothly
viler
View Profile
Regular user
Norway
183 Posts

Profile of viler
I've made a small Excel application that gives you a random number between 1 and 52 (exluding 1 and 52).
After 1 second it reveales the closest force number that you will set the deck to. The delay is adjustable to your likings.
The force number can be hidden if you prefer that.
You can also test yourself from where and how many cards need to be moved.
Send an email to vlervaag@online.no if you want to try it out.

Since I don't want to reveal the force numbers to anyone who doesn't have The Grail, I want you
to write the last sentence on the back of the DVD cover in your email.
Have blurred parts of the image to not reveal anything.

Click here to view attached image.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1443 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Don't know why you would bring your phone out though?
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
For all you 'The Grail' fans, J.K. Hartman has worked out a new handling where the spectator handles the deck.

It's the last trick in his new book, Card Dodgery. It's called Holey Grail. He gives credit to the original version of The Grail.

I've been frying everyone with this beauty. Smile
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Jamie, thanks for sharing the great info!
AdamChance
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of AdamChance
To perform the original version of the trick... has anyone tried using a double sided gaff prediction card??? that way the deck would be 100% examinable and 100% normal.

it would also be relatively easy to switch the gaff force card for a normal card while the spectator is counting the cards in the deck.

so you could perform it by: putting out the envelop + deck in the case... they name their number... you take the cards out of the case... then ask them if they want to see the prediction first or the numbered card in the deck first. they most likely say that they want to see the prediction first. you show the prediction. they count to the card... while they're counting to the card, you switch the gaff card out for a normal card... then when the cards match, everything is 100% examinable and you can emphasize that there's only one of the selected cards in the deck.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

Nice Adam, very nice.
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1844 Posts

Profile of Platt
With flavor of the hour garbage coming out every day, I want to again post my love for this effect. I've been performing it for many years now and it never disappoints. One examinable deck. One odd backed prediction card and you're ready to go. Anyone complaining about the sleights of hand or mental calculation difficulties is truly being lazy. I believe this is one of the most practical 'altered' card effects of all time and unquestionably the best CAAN (not ACAAN). As somebody mentioned, Shin Lim's unnecessary variation on this is really a testament as to why Grail is the best. Looking for your next trick? Get Sugar Rush. Then get this.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6903 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Adam, nice but kind of unnecessary. Who would want to examine the prediction card? Its a prediction. Nothing magical happens to it. Its above suspicion. Just seems a bit more trouble than it's worth.
AdamChance
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of AdamChance
Quote:
On 2012-11-02 23:13, Cameron Francis wrote:
Adam, nice but kind of unnecessary. Who would want to examine the prediction card? Its a prediction. Nothing magical happens to it. Its above suspicion. Just seems a bit more trouble than it's worth.

ya... switching out the gaff prediction card would be optional. the main reason for my idea was so that the deck was 100% normal
Glenn Aga
View Profile
New user
Laguna Niguel, CA
28 Posts

Profile of Glenn Aga
I agree with Platt...this trick is a fooler. The responses are always tremendous and the suspense on my spectator's faces is awesome to watch....and this is a real worker. Thank you to Peter Nardi and team for bringing this to market.
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1621 Posts

Profile of Ross W
I've had this a while now and I just can't do it.

"Easy to perform"? My a***

One Grail Gold Edition for sale.
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2192 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
I would have to disagree Ross, I beleive it is easy to perform. Yet it will take a little practice BUT not much. The key to performing the Grail deceptively is being able to handle the deck casually.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

I'm with Peter on this.

A little mental agility required but nothing too taxing after a bit of practice.

I'd liken it to the Invisible Deck in terms of difficulty level.
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
This is a great effect.... very cleverly thought out and very deceptive.... I remember when Peter caught me out with this at blackpool 2009, I was stunned.

Ross as Peter states, the handling of the deck is key, its an easy effect to perform once you get your head around it.

All the best

R
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1621 Posts

Profile of Ross W
I have to say Jamie's opinion counted in favour of my ordering this because he normally talks slightly less cr*p than others here. And HRH Peter Nardi is held in similar esteem...

BUT...

It's not the mental stuff: I can cope with that, as should anyone sentient over about 10. Nor is it the "carrying it off", that is, the attitude required.

No, it's the ahh...digital stuff. I'm no Erdnase, but I can cope with most intermediate stuff and this has me beaten. I've tried it with a firm grip, a feather grip and I just can't get it consistently. But you gentlemen have persuaded me to give it a bit more practice before abandoning it.

Any tips?
Author.
www.rosswelford.com
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Whenever I do this, I use as new a deck as possible. That helps me with "the move" tremendously.
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1621 Posts

Profile of Ross W
OK - nearly got it now. New deck helped.
Author.
www.rosswelford.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Grail Gold Edition (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL