The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Grail Gold Edition (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2193 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Thanks for review Ray. Really glad you like it.

Peter
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Quote:
On 2011-11-12 09:29, nanaswan wrote:
No magicians are far to polite at dealers tables and although we don't shout classic force , gimmick etc we just take card and think for the grace of god go I. We wouldnt want out own effects spoilt so we don't spoil fellow magcians effects either. I havent seen Grail gimmick by the way but just know how most magicians act at convention dealers tables. IMHO

Absolutely. If this wasn't the case we would buy every effect from every stand. As it is, we probably buy just two or three.
iluzjonista
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of iluzjonista
Is there a jumbo version of this effect?
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Reading Ray's coments, I've decided to take the plunge as I have never really been let down by any products that I have bought in the past from Alakazam. I only Plan on using this for walk around so hopefully it's not to much of a chore to do so. Will post coments when it arrives.

Darren
Twitter @darjames
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
So I bought this a while back and have just recently had the time to somewhat road test this baby. I wasn't a huge fan with the original effect but as for the gold edition, I love it. Let me just say that this is truly a reputation making effect, as with all prediction type effects it's all about the set up and delivery.

The method is not hard but it does require some work as there is a little mental math involved.That being said, it's not hard it's just something I find you need to get confident in as when performing (for me anywise) nerves and adrenaline can get in the way. I personally feel that the effect is super clean and really does leave them dumb founded as it hits that hard. Any experienced performer can make this a miracle as I stated above, it's your presentation and it's all about focusing on the set up, delivery and focusing on the spectators reaction to drive this effect home.

I feel Peter has released a gem to the community with this gold addition and always look forward to his releases.

Darren
Twitter @darjames
The Great Dave
View Profile
Regular user
My Wife said "It's Me or that Stupid Magic Website!" this many times.
181 Posts

Profile of The Great Dave
I just received this and Wow is all I can say. I went straight for the new presentation using the envelope with the prediction in it. You give the prediction envelope with card inside to the spec before the effect begins. Yes, you can show the deck face up as totally shuffled with all random cards, ask for any number between 1 and 52, and have the spec count down that number of cards to an exact match of the prediction card held by the them in the envelope since before you started.

They can name any number, the entire deck can be shown face up as completely randomly shuffled, and it works every time.

It does not get more magical than that.

This is genius level material. Purchase it right away, you will not be disappointed...

Well done and thanks to the team behind the effect,
Best,
Dave
Academy of Magical Arts

Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat! Whoops, wrong hat ...
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2193 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Thank you so much for the kind words guys.

Regards

Peter
oly92
View Profile
New user
Paris (FRANCE)
83 Posts

Profile of oly92
I think there is too many mental calculation to be cool during the routine. Even if writen on the cards deck. However the grail move is great.
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Quote:
On 2012-01-06 16:21, oly92 wrote:
I think there is too many mental calculation to be cool during the routine. Even if writen on the cards deck. However the grail move is great.

Think of it as a sta***d deck. When I first started learning Osterlinds BCS, I felt the same way. After puting the time in, it now comes second nature and I use it often. Just play with it for a few min a day and you'll get it down.

Darren
Twitter @darjames
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1333 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Please quit talking about this. I received mine two weeks ago and performed it for a group a couple of days ago. Between this and Cameron Francis' "Annhilation Deck" I'm afraid I've set the bar too high. So let's just keep this one amongst ourselves, shall we?

Seriously, I am in awe of both the effect and the reaction it gets. I also started out with the envelope routine, and look forward to presenting it with the two deck presentation. It is so clean! Thanks Peter for bringing this out...I hope it remains a mystery.
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
The two deck routine is great for weddings! The way the Bride and Groom each select the same card is just priceless if framed properly. I also agree with now putting this thread to rest.

Darren
Twitter @darjames
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2193 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
I have another handling which I will perform on an upcoming Alakazam news Smile

Peter
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2848 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On 2012-01-06 16:29, stempleton wrote:
I hope it remains a mystery.

Sorry, number one in the Penguin sales chart for weeks.
Nuff said.
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
MagicianDM
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of MagicianDM
A question, after the effect is finished, are you left with a full, examinable deck which you can use for any other card effects? Thanks
The ultimate, most visual and practical ambitious card routine finisher - HERE!
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10498 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2012-01-15 01:11, MagicianDM wrote:
A question, after the effect is finished, are you left with a full, examinable deck which you can use for any other card effects? Thanks

I doubt it
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2102 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Quote:

You can, but you're betting against your own luck and your spectator's luck Smile
Magic comes through perception. -HS
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1333 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:

How about "Can you use the spectator's own deck?" At some point you have to determine if an effect is strong enough on its own. In regards to your first question, remember the spectator spreads through the deck right after they are removed, so that removes any necessity in the spectator's mind to do it again. And yes, you could use the cards for the next effect, depending on what it is, but I agree with the others who have responded to this. With this item, if you feel the demo vids are strong enough (and they are a true representation!) you can do "The Grail" quite convincingly.
sketchomagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
217 Posts

Profile of sketchomagic
Mr. Nardi, got my Grail finally. Very pleases with the method, DVD explantation, and gimmick.

Big fan sir! Keep up the excellent work! Thank you!
MagicianDM
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of MagicianDM
Thanks for the replies guys, mine should arrive soon Smile
The ultimate, most visual and practical ambitious card routine finisher - HERE!
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1457 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Hi,

I have Think and was looking at purchasing The Grail
How hard is the sleight?

Thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Grail Gold Edition (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL