The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Strange OkitoBox? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Hi guys

I usually hang around with the mentalists, lower down these green pages; but I was doing some clearing up and came across what looks like an Okito box.

However, while the vertical edges of the box and lid are from brass, the base of the box and the flat part of the lid are from see-thru plastic/perspex.

If anyone could give me any info as to what this may be I'd be very grateful

regards
steve
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Ask David Neighbors. He posts here.

Sounds like a cool box!
TH

Occupy Your Dream
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Yea There was Someone Selling A clear Okito box years Ago! I never got one I never thought it was vary good!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
There are completely clear Okito boxes out there but the one described does not sound familiar. Steve - any chance you can post a photo or PM me with one? I may be able to help because my Okito box collection mirrors the cups and balls cup collection of Bill Palmer - I make no guarantee except to try my best to help!
Number One
View Profile
Regular user
Mike J Kelly
164 Posts

Profile of Number One
Hi Steve

I have one somewhere?
I think I got it from Harry Stanley 'Unique Magic Studio' or Ken Brooke.
Not used it for years. If I find any instructions I will let you know.

Mike
Smile Guess which hand the frog is in.
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Davenports used to sell that one - not sure what it was called. It would work in a similar way to the clear "X-Ray" box sold more recently, but I imagine it would do the job rather better. There are instructions for the clear box (and others) in Walter Gibson's Complete Illustrated Book of Close-Up Magic.

Barry
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Thanks for the info guys.

Not sure that I'll ever use this box but when I found it, it intrigued me enough to ask about it.

thanks again
Steve
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Steve, if you would like to find a routine in print for your Okito Box, here you go: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=3
JoshuaD
View Profile
New user
Tampa, Fl
77 Posts

Profile of JoshuaD
I really can't see any of the benefits of it being clear unless for a switch or something like that.
Joshua
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Joshua, here a quick routine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgrhhrEFXtE More routines can be done also.
JoshuaD
View Profile
New user
Tampa, Fl
77 Posts

Profile of JoshuaD
Quote:
On 2011-11-11 12:53, Dynamike wrote:
Joshua, here a quick routine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgrhhrEFXtE More routines can be done also.

Ok I like that routine. I just thought about using this with a scotch and soda set.
Joshua
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Strange OkitoBox? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL