We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Busking closeing trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

presto77
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of presto77
Hi Guys I am looking for a Closer Trick(( NOT CUPS AND BALLS )) as I will be touring a Busking Show here in the u.k next Season ,please message me on a closer street magic trick .
I will be doing Sponge balls , card to wallet , Chop Cup ,
http://www.magiciansinlondon.co.uk
HerbLarry
View Profile
Special user
Poof!
731 Posts

Profile of HerbLarry
See what you got at the end? There ya go!
You know why don't act naive.
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2108 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
Add "Bill in Lemon" and you're very close to Kozmo's act.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
presto77
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of presto77
Quote:
On 2011-11-09 17:48, jazzy snazzy wrote:
Add "Bill in Lemon" and you're very close to Kozmo's act.

thank you any more on bill to lemon do you have the routine
mikr
Nick W
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Nick W
Maybe you have some kind of talent that nobody else has that makes people laugh....
bluemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of bluemagic
You have a list of effects,but what order do you do then?do you use a table?
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1779 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
I am confused for being"highly experienced" why are you asking for a closing effect?
presto77
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of presto77
Hi tboehnlein, Yes I Like ideas from other Pros ,,,Yes I am a Experienced Pro Full time act here in the u.k Bookings are Down so next summer its hit the streets in london I have Good Patter just fishing around for ideas .....thank you ...mike
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I collect using a Change Bag. When everything is collected, I pull out a large 100 dollar bill 36 inch silk.
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
I have a probably stupid question. If you are working a sidewalk table, and people are coming in and leaving over time, how would there be and opening or closing trick?

Seems to me there would be a series of tricks and resets over time, someone might stay and eventually see the same one twice, or leave halfway through.

Do you... stop for a while? Send them on their way? Or just go, and go, and go....
HerbLarry
View Profile
Special user
Poof!
731 Posts

Profile of HerbLarry
Quote:
On 2011-11-18 10:43, billappleton wrote:
I have a probably stupid question. If you are working a sidewalk table, and people are coming in and leaving over time, how would there be and opening or closing trick?

Seems to me there would be a series of tricks and resets over time, someone might stay and eventually see the same one twice, or leave halfway through.

Do you... stop for a while? Send them on their way? Or just go, and go, and go....

There are no stupid questions.
You're thinking about the show part and that's good. "Hey it's a 3 ring circus and the show goes on and on so plenty can see and have a good time." At the circus though they sell tickets to get inside. We don't do that. We get paid AFTER the show. I know I know, strange concept that many have a hard time getting their head around but that's the way we do it. If the show has no end...well...see how that works out?
You know why don't act naive.
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
So something flash to gather a crowd, then engaging and personal to get them hooked, then the big finish for passing the hat.

Sounds like a tough business! I'm thinking about trying this.
solrak29
View Profile
Special user
NY Metro
936 Posts

Profile of solrak29
Quote:
On 2011-11-18 10:43, billappleton wrote:

In my case, I have complete "mini" show. It is pretty clear that the show is over once I'm done and hatted the crowd.
Then I start all over again. I may wait a minute or two before I start again. Or there might be new people who just
showed up or only caught the end of the show; in this case, I start right away....

As far as ending besides the C&B, I too have been struggling with finding this. I like the bill to lemon idea and
seriously considering it. I also have been playing with some ideas with my hat that I found in tarbel. I really
like, Eric Evans Red Ball of Death, but I feel funny doing his act...and have not found a way to make it play as myself.
Still searching though....
To Find Me On The Pitch, Follow me :On Twitter
Checkout my pseudo blog : The Sidewalk Performers Forum

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
There are two basic approaches to a show: Trickle, and Set Show (call it what you like)

With people coming and going, you're talking a "Trickle Show" where there is no beginning or end, you just keep going and people come and go as they please. This usually involves a tip bucket or other receptacle and the money "trickles" in as the show progresses.

For the most part, people here talk about the "Set Show" with a beginning, middle and end. People can come in during the initial "build" and if they miss the smaller opening bits, they haven't missed much and it's your job to entice them to stay.

Remember the busker's mantra is at the heart of this type of show: Get them to stop, Get them to stay, Get them to PAY.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2732 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2011-11-10 11:26, tboehnlein wrote:
I am confused for being"highly experienced" why are you asking for a closing effect?

Because he's "highly experienced" in being a Close-up Magician, Table Magician, Party Magician and Wedding Magician. He's not "highly experienced" in being a "busking magician! That's a different sort of animal all together.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Close with a cut and restored volunteer, or float 20 feet in the air and grab a pigeon in mid flight. Maybe make a living baby outta balloons. Think big man. Nobody's doing anything like this out there. Stick with me brother...I've got loads of ideas
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1158 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:
On 2011-11-19 20:29, FunTimeAl wrote:
...float 20 feet in the air and grab a pigeon in mid flight.

Modified Balducci levitation?
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Iris Caraway
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Iris Caraway
Something colourful -- silks and/or fire. Definitely get the audience involved in the last part. You could always pull something out of a hat and then blatantly note to the audience that "it's awfully empty in there."
presto77
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of presto77
Quote:
On 2011-11-19 05:52, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-11-10 11:26, tboehnlein wrote:

Because he's "highly experienced" in being a Close-up Magician, Table Magician, Party Magician and Wedding Magician. He's not "highly experienced" in being a "busking magician! That's a different sort of animal all together.
that's right 40 years as a entertainer, magician ,juggler,stiltwalker, clown agent that's me just would like to work the streets

http://www.magiciansinlondon.co.uk
http://www.clownseuropa.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Busking closeing trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL