The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crystal Vanish by Stephane Jardonnet and Olya Ovtenieva (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
725 Posts

Profile of ftlum
Is Stephane around these days? I didn't get a resposne from email or PM and am having some problems with the gimmick / technique.

@Powermagic, you should be able to do it with small groups, though there can be angle issues on one side, just like any other pull.

- Frank
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6724 Posts

Profile of Dougini
OK. I'm sold! You can get it now, here:

http://www.nexusmagicstore.com/crystal-v......net.html

Now...waiting for payday! Smile

Doug
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4877 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2012-01-24 16:24, Frank L. wrote:
Is Stephane around these days? I didn't get a resposne from email or PM and am having some problems with the gimmick / technique.

@Powermagic, you should be able to do it with small groups, though there can be angle issues on one side, just like any other pull.

- Frank

Agree- you definatley can do this with a group, just have to be concerned with the one side. And Stephane goes over this is good detail on the DVD.

RNK
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

Profile of NexusMagicShop
@FrankL PM Stephane. . . I'm sure he will answer you he has been very helpful with me in the past. Or PM me I can assist I have one it's a little tricky to set-up the first time, but do it once and you are all set. He explains the set up and use really well in the DVD so if you haven't watched that then definately pop that bad boy in. It's detailed....
Jason of BackroomMagic
www.BackroomMagic.com/| Mobile friendly magic forums and blogs
www.twitter.com/Nexusmagicstore
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
725 Posts

Profile of ftlum
Stephane did get back to me and mentioned he's going to try to release a little extra information to address my (hook-up) question. He didn't say exactly how he'd post it, but it'd be for people who bought the product already. I presume he'll make a page on his site password protected or something.

- Frank
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-01-25 09:58, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-01-24 16:24, Frank L. wrote:

- Frank

Agree- you definatley can do this with a group, just have to be concerned with the one side. And Stephane goes over this is good detail on the DVD.

RNK

@Frank - Stephane will help you out he is good that way.

@RNK Your right really only one angle to watch for. I'm super impressed with this technique and hook-up. As far as pulls go, this is worth every penny.
Jason of BackroomMagic
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Could anyone please comment on how quick/easy the 'get ready' is?
Thanks
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4877 Posts

Profile of RNK
Very quick and easy.

RNK
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Thanks RNK, that's good to know.
setsuna83
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of setsuna83
Hi may I know as a beginner with using such devices, is it suitable to get this crystal vanish? does anyone who has similar devices such as raven, gecko able to advise? Thanks!
Lar
View Profile
Veteran user
New Port Richey, FL
318 Posts

Profile of Lar
This looks really good Stephane.

Can Crystal Vanish be used as a clean-up device for T&R or Bill Changes? Can it be used to invisibly and cleanly switch one object for another?

Regards,

Laurence.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4877 Posts

Profile of RNK
If you are a beginner- this would be fine. It's very easy to work. Any first timer would be able to do this and it would look great.

RNK
setsuna83
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of setsuna83
Hi, may I know if there are any clothing requirements for this effect? can it be done just wearing a long sleeve shirt over a tshirt instead of wearing a blazer?
Thanks Smile
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4877 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2012-02-23 01:14, setsuna83 wrote:
Hi, may I know if there are any clothing requirements for this effect? can it be done just wearing a long sleeve shirt over a tshirt instead of wearing a blazer?
Thanks Smile

No.. You have to wear some type of blazer/jacket. Though, you could wear just a long sleeve shirt unbuttoned over another shirt. Though, you wouldn't be able to retrieve the object if you do it that way. Well, actually you could but it would require a little more misdirection.

Best,
RNK
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
The method for showing your hands was already developed with the Raven.
Looks nice though.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
?? You are unable to show your hands both sides with the raven (after hook up) as you can with Crystal Vanish.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4877 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2012-02-23 15:00, PRINCE wrote:
?? You are unable to show your hands both sides with the raven (after hook up) as you can with Crystal Vanish.

I thought the same thing. Overall, this is much better than the Raven. Of course depends on what you are using it for, but I feel in general - the CV is a much better choice.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2012-02-23 15:00, PRINCE wrote:

Yes you are able too. There is a rotation maneuver taught, I believe on the DVD, that allows you to show your hands front and back.

This video shows a couple different ways, though not the most subtly executed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py9qc_nFL......a_player
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

I own a Raven and have used it for many years. And I will continue to use it. The hook up on CV was originally developed for The Dragon and is a far superior hookup for overall control. Which allows for a much natural means of showing both sides of your hands even with rolled sleeves while hooked up. That's the clear difference, and why CV stands alone.

Also, you can perform this with a Vest or over shirt. Though with the over shirt best to vanish your own items for retrieval reasons.
Jason of BackroomMagic
Stephane Jardonnet
View Profile
Regular user
since 2004 and already
147 Posts

Profile of Stephane Jardonnet
Hi Laurence,

Yes, you can use CV for a switch or a T&R. The only technical issue IMO is to load CV while holding performing another trick in the mean time. It is easier to arrive with the CV gimmick ready to perform, rather than trying to load it in the middle of another performance.
I will make a new video, free to watch, to propose answers on how to do that. I will probably post that video by this summer though.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crystal Vanish by Stephane Jardonnet and Olya Ovtenieva (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL