The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » To my brothers and sisters who'ved served! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
THANK YOU!

Sincerely and most respectfully,

Mike McAfee: USN Amphibious Assault Teams, Little Creek VA 1975-1979
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1131 Posts

Profile of APC
Thank you to all those who serve and have served to keep us safe.
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
I'm not a Veteran myself, I was medically disqualified, but my father served for 22 years in the Army and I grew up on the bases. Thank you to those veterans and those serving now.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
My father was in the Army before I was born, the gentleman who gave my bride away at our wedding is a Marine, my older son is in the Army reserve, and my younger son just joined the Army. As a defense contractor I have had the privilege to work with some of the sharpest men and women in our military, both active and retired.

Everyone in service to our country - and especially those who have given their lives in its defense - deserve our utmost respect. They certainly have mine. I cannot thank them enough.

Thanks, Mickey!
Mephisticator
View Profile
New user
Canada
61 Posts

Profile of Mephisticator
To those who did what needed to be done and paid the ultimate price for our freedom...

At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Thank you very much, for recognizing my service and that of my fellow Bretheren.
I too wish to salute all veterans and active duty service members.

I took a lot of flak for answering the call, but it made me a better man.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I did a tour of duty in the US Navy, I went to Vietnam, and I learned most of my bad habits in the service of our country. Thanks uncle Sam for showing me the dark side. My dad was a belly gunner in the Pacific during WWII before I was born, and he was a real hero. They called him a Dago when he went in, and an Italian American when he came out.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
893 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Yes- thank you humbly for your service and sacrifice.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2547 Posts

Profile of critter
Thank y'all for your service.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Thanks to all who served. Past, present, and future.

Happy belated B-Day Devious. Semper Fi brother. 0311 here.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Hello there Mr. Marlin.
1894 has significant meaning to this Marine. 0311's have a special bond, for certain. We honour all Marines past and present. You are always a Marine even beyond the portals of death. This special camaraderie isn't shared by the other branches, for reasons this Marine doesn't quite follow, but nonetheless we each shared in the struggles of our own bootcamps.

We can also be accused of having a go at our Bretheren who served or are serving in the Navy, but I still recognize that my checks say, "Department of the Navy" at the very top. My service wouldn't be nearly as honourable without time spent, serving on the mighty vessels in the sea, or not having taken the oath at the end of my "Bluenose" and "Shellback" experience, compliments of the U.S. Navy!

Here in San Diego, home of the world's largest Marine Corps and U.S. Naval Base, we chose to honour a very special Marine Veteran. He serves as a living symbol, of all the men and women who earned the right to bear an Eagle, Globe, and Anchor!

Eyeballs
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2547 Posts

Profile of critter
Also, the USMC turned 236 years old yesterday.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
Eyeballs

Click Sir!

I have the video but I can't get it to play! I will try again later.

I spent most of my time in at Yokosuka Naval Base (Home of the 7th Fleet) and worked the gates and perimeter security. So, I certainly had a lot of contact with "squids" myself. Most of it friendly and I have a great respect for ALL my Brothers in Arms from all branches of service. But I never could resist teasing a sailor. lol!

When some squid would remind me the Marine Corp was a Department of the Navy I always replied "Yeah, the Mens Department".

But honestly, I do have a lot of respect for all service men and women.

I got together with some Marine buddies last summer and one of them made A video from all the pictures and stuff we brought. If I can find it I'll post it.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Once a jar head always a jar head
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
You got it Al! lol

Here is the video. Mostly just pics of us screwing around. The music kicks in around the :30 min mark. I make my first apperance around the 1:05 mark on the left. It's probably only interesting to the people who are in it, but I'll post it anyway cause a lot of good friends are on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQs8AUq_NRQ
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
I'm sorry Marlin, but this is the proper link below;

Eyeballs

I'm hosting a large barbeque for vets and my fellow Marines.
I'm performing a parlour show, when the chow is gone.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
I'm hosting a large barbeque for vets and my fellow Marines.
I'm performing a parlour show, when the chow is gone.

Sounds like a blast!

I was a "Hollywood" Marine and went to ITS at Pendleton. Always enjoyed San Diego. Got my first tattoo there at a place called Tiger Jimmys which I think is still around.

Also, when I was stationed in Japan the USS Midway (CV-41) was still in service. I was watching the Packers/Chargers game last week and they showed the Midway and said it's some kind of museum now?

Dang it, I can get to the video but I can't get it to play!
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Yes, it is a floating musuem, it sits on the bay actually very near where I pitch my show as a busker on occasion.

Tiger Jimmy's is still open for business.
Here is the link to the U.S.S. Museum

To visit the musuem is free for veterans and active duty personnel. I took a cruise around the berthing areas that are off limits to
the general public. I also toured some "Special" areas only those who served on it would know about. Lol

U.S.S. MIDWAY

The U.S.S. Midway participated in the theatre during "Operation Desert Storm" as an important launch pad for strikes.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
It was an awesome ship. I was onboard several times and went out on a little day cruise once on it. It spent a long stretch in drydock while I was there and I got to see it relaunched. I want to visit that thing for sure. Thanks!
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3274 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn

"In war, there are no unwounded soldiers." -Jose Narosky

Thanks to all of those who have served to defend the Constitution of the United States.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » To my brothers and sisters who'ved served! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL