The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Mark Zacharia at DKOM (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1401 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
Folks:
I had the pleasure of attending a lecture from Mark Zacharia last night at the Delaware Knights of Magic. What I particularly enjoyed about the lecture was not only his focus on effects that play well in restaurants, but the thinking the goes into the presentation of each. From "what do you say as you approach a table," to "what's the first effect you do to engage as many at the table as you can," to the blocking of individual effects ("Where *should* I put that rubber check, and why?") Mark's obviously given a great deal of thought to his craft. And it shows.

And the tricks weren't too ***ed shabby, either. He has an Anniversary Waltz-style effect that Doc Eason suggested stay unprinted. But Mark was good enough to share it with us, complete with moves.

Mark...thanks for the evening. And I'll see you in Batavia, if not before.
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
Mark Zacharia
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Mark Zacharia
Steve:

Thank you for the kind words about the "Markipedia" lecture. I recently had the privilege of bringing the lecture to Marc DeSouza's home/theater and immediately after received these two emails:

* 'I first would like to thank you for a great lecture at Marc DeSouza's house last night .... I've seen practically 60 lectures at Marc's house alone and ... your lecture for me was possibly one of the most useful lectures I ever attended. You offered real world, everyday magic for the average guy. As far as your effects that I purchased, I would also like to add that you offer great value. It's apparent that it's a labor of love, since every card is hand drawn or hand written. Thank you for making the experience affordable to beginners like me.'--Stephan Sloan

* 'Mark delivered a strong lecture the other night for magicians. He has audience tested material that he has worked in the real world. One of the many tips he gave was an "insurance" technique to avoid having the 'wrong' deck in play at the wrong time.'--Frank Kennedy III

I will be bringing the "Markipedia" lecture to the Long Island Mystics SAM 77 Nov. 12, 2012, and then to the Motor City Close-up Convention Nov. 16-18, 2012.

Those interested in booking the lecture or finding out more information about the contents of the notes or products I have available, please feel free to visit me at http://www.youwillbelieveinmagic.com or contact me at youwillbelieveinmagic@gmail.com. Thank you.
Mark Zacharia
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Mark Zacharia at DKOM (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL