The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Good place to purchase silks? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
I was wondering where a good place with good prices is, to order some silks in various sizes, and streamers.

Also what is the actual name of this product.. its where you toss what seams to be 100 little streamers into the air, and pull them back into your hands, its like coils or little streamers that looks almost like a firework went off and these are all the little fingers that shot out?

Thanks

EDIT: Also what are good size silks to use with fantasio candles, and also an appearing cane.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The best silks are from Rice Silk King Studio's, see the banner at the top of this topic heading.
Bob Sanders here on the Café sells good quality silks as well, PM him for a price list.

The item you are looking for is called Throw Steamers. David Cresey Products makes them. Most every magic shop carries them. They are sold by the dozen. These come in sold colors and multi colors. I use 2 or 3 bundles to create a larger production. Just remember the proper way to throw them or it will not work. Throw out and freeze the hand, do not pull back, or you will kill the production.

The very expensive all white version with fine webs are called Kabuki Streamers. They cost about $15 a piece.

The best size silk to use for Doves and Candles is 24", but 18" will work as well. 24" give you more cover and can be seen from greater distances. Remember from art class in school, perspective, the farther away you are the smaller an object looks.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
I think if you google multi colored paper throw streamers or kabuki streamers you'll get a selection. There are several other videos in this area as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBwzKqJLmaY

Throw streamers vary a lot so you'll want to see a video or buy a few before you buy a lot.
You have to learn to throw them well to get the right effect so buy enough to practice or look for a source that offers throwing instruction (in english). They are very expensive so learning quickly is important. I guess you'll be saving them for the big shows.

Many suggest diamond cut Silks for fantasio type apparatus.

I have no personal knowledge of either of these products. I'm just repeating what I've heard around.

-Mary Mowder
Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
Wmhegbli Again, Thanks for the info, you have been a big help. Iv already ordered about $1000.00 worth of stuff based off your recommendations.
The kabuki Streamers are exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

@Mary, Thanks for the tip. Ill check out the videos as well and make sure I find a good place.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Bill,

Wow! I don't know how I missed this on here.

Thank you for the reference.

Bob
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
I've used Rice, Laflin Magic, Bob Sanders, and Richard Hughes all with great service and great products. You won't go wrong with these guys.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Good place to purchase silks? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL