The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Floating Rose question. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but felt like adding to the discussion from the OP, using a reel, etc.

I use both a reel, and a 2 point hookup ala James. Really one us just a back up for the other, but neither really changes the performance, at least not as far as the final moments.

The main reason for this is that I do NOT light the "napkin" rose while it's floating. Although it cam look cool, I always felt it is ruined by the magician rushing in to catch the now real rose.

If you could, somehow, manage to do the transformation with the real those also floating, it would be perfect, but I never liked that the flower goes from floating, to not floating, during the transformation.

Simple solution is to remove the "napkin" rose from the hook up BEFORE lighting it. So your actually holding it when you light it, of course you'll want to release it once it really catches fire, and you have to work out your own switch, but you can avoid burning your IT.

IF you us a reel, AND ignight while floating, your gimmick will "break" at the spot where the ignition happens, but it won't burn up the entire supply within the reel.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Floating Rose question. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL