The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Looking for a Sand Frame (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1143 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
I am putting together a routine and would like to use a sand frame to reveal a "prediction". However, from stage, a LARGE sand frame would be better. Does anyone know of frame that could hold perhaps a Jumbo card?

If so, please reply. I know the standard one available holds a poker size card, but that's not what I'm looking for.

Thanks,

Scott Smile .
Do not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest, if you do not give up. Galatians 6:9
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
Scott,

Owen Magic Supreme has a Jumbo Sand Frame. The quality is excellent, but pricey ($575 on last price list). I have several of their items and they're worth every penny for the working pro.

There may be others out there, but I'm not in the market; so I haven't looked around.

Steven
Coram Deo
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1143 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
Steve,

Thanks. Wow though--$575. I might be tempted to make my own for that price!!!

Makes me think of a performer I saw at the Houdini Convention this year. He was doing a comedy magic routine for a show open to the public. He pulled out a cane-to-table base. "$450 bucks" he says in a deadpan voice. Then he pops open the hat "There's another 100 bucks" he says placing the hat on the cane. Still deadpan, he says" That's all it does. . . ta da!"

It brought roars from the magicians in the audience. Lay people probably thought he was joking.

Scott Smile.
Do not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest, if you do not give up. Galatians 6:9
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
If your prediction is say a one or two digit number or a letter you could use a regular size sand frame and that should be OK on stage if you write big. I got one made in India from Ebay a while back for about $5 and it is actually well made and workd perfectly.
Another idea is use a large mental epic board to make your prediction appear. You could also use spirit slates. With a pair the method is obvious. With a single slate you can let the black f--- fall down on to a black top pad or tabletop and then reveal the prediction later.
One of the best visual card predictions is Royal Revision which uses the instant art method. A giant prediction card visible changes from the wrong card to the right card. Audiences love it. Smile
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1143 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
Some good ideas Countelmsley, The instant art principle interests me. I know what the effect is, but am unfamiliar with the "modus operandi". Would this be easily adjusted to reveal a particular word? Also, I will have an assistant on stage when the reveal occurs.

Scott Smile .
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Scott, It can be done. I'll PM you since we don't disclose methods in this forum.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Colin Rose had a terrific one at FISM and he has a website... you might do a google search.

Bob Sheets pointed it out to me, if Sheets liked it you know it had to be good.

Smile

OK, here it is.... go to his home page for other versions/sizes.

Click Here!
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1143 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
Pete,
Thanks for the info. This looks like it will fit the bill quite nicely.
I knew if it was available, this was the place to ask.

Scott Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Looking for a Sand Frame (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL