The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Fortune Cookie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rlmiller007
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of rlmiller007
I am a complete amature but I am learning. Thanks to one of the finest web sites on the internet I am moving away from magic & routines that come pre-packaged and I have come up with a simple idea and I wondered if anyone else had. It goes like this: On the stage there will be a stand with 6 large playing cards on them. (themed in an oriental fashion) A spectator will pick one at random. I will then have them pick a fortune cookie from a large bowl/bag. When they read the fortune it will be the card selected. Any ideas or thoughts would be most welcome.
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
I'm not sure if this can be done, but I remember my wife and I walking around China Town in San Francisco and there were places where they were making fortune cookies. Maybe you could contact them and see if they would put the fortunes in the cookies that you desire.
Sounds like a clever idea.
Then you could either force the card you needed forced or the right cookie you needed picked.
Bjarne
View Profile
New user
Norway
53 Posts

Profile of Bjarne
Not quite sure I understand what you are asking, but how to for** the fortune cookie sounds like the crux of it. If your are having a cookie box with lids both top and bottom, and a transparent for** bag in each compartment, you have covered 4 options. What about using 5 cards rather than 6 and writing "You'll chose this one" in big letters of the back of the fifth one?
Frank Yuen
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of Frank Yuen
This was marketed years ago as "Fortune Cookie Surprise". It still may be available but if not there are plenty of places to order specially printed fortune cookies on-line. Here is just one of them: http://www.fortunecookiesupply.com/ .
rlmiller007
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of rlmiller007
Thanks for your help, everyone.
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
You don't have to order or have made any special fortune cookies... You can buy a box at your local store.. or you can purchase them from our local favorite Chinese restaurant. They are very cheap.... take put your hand under some running water from your sink.. and (flick your fingers) spray the fortune cookie with water... Put it in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds.. the cookie will become soft and bendable. You can easily unfold the cookie enough to get the orig paper out of there and place in whatever fortunes you want.

DO THIS QUICKLY !!!! once you get the fortune in re-fold the cookie back.. it will harden again quickly back into shape.. If you don't get it back the way it was (originally) it will harden however you have it.. and you will have to re-wet it again and microwave it again. but the more you do it.. it will start to taste a bit weird.. IF you want to give it away to be eatten.

Eddy Co-creator "Iced Over" / "TelePad" / "Penigma"
-----------------------------------------------------------
Beyond the edge of reality... lives the realm of imagination.
Some people see things as they are and say why?
I dream of things that never were and say -- why not ?
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
www.magicianslair.com
zmg013
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of zmg013
If you wet the fortune cookie you can open it and put in your own message. then leave it out and it will harden again.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
If you need to force a Fortune Cookie from a Cookie Jar, you'll find it all worked out in The Wizards' Journal #16 - The Cookie Jar Force, on my site.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
THANKS!!! Koolmagic114

I'm going to try this next time I get a fortune cookie.

This might even be a KOOL different way to do the bill in lemon trick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Fortune Cookie (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL