The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Timeless By Liam Montier (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19 [Next]
Paul Fitzgerald
View Profile
Regular user
Panama City, Panama
124 Posts

Profile of Paul Fitzgerald
There is another great routine that works really well with "Timeless" that you should seriously consider.
I've purchased 2 identical watches as recommended by saysold1 (thanks!), adjust 1 watch as per timeless but ask the jeweller to leave working second hand. Leave second watch as it arrived.
Then when and where appropriate use a stooge as a volunteer to switch in the "timeless" watch and use a separate volunteer to perform the routine with.
When the final reveal is made make sure you exit the room immediately (don't hang around - just get out of the room as quickly as you can), leaving your audience in shock and your stooge with a watch with no hands.
The comments from the audience are unbelievable and if you have a stooge who is up for it he/she can really take this to another level.
Cheers,
Paul.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Stooge?

Hmmm - A wise guy huh?

Click here to view attached image.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
After picking it up from Blackpool Timeless has become my favourite 'guilty pleasure' trick.

I can't believe I keep getting away with it.

Genius thinking from Liam.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
WARD.GS
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of WARD.GS
Hi all. Not sure if this has been addressed in the previous 11 pages but; most working close uppers are fully suited, so how does anyone get round the fact that you can't prepare this effect more than e.g. 1 table in advance ? ...and even then run the risk of losing the effect (trying not to give it away here). I was excited about perforing Timeless but walked straight into that problem. Also, I really think showing one time as 3 or even just 2 different times is a weak spot and mightn't fly a lot of the time. Would be interested in ways around the prep issue tho. Feel free top pm me if best.
Wardy
Liam Montier
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Liam Montier
Hi Ward,

There are solutions throughout the pages in this thread. Once you are set up, you can have your sleeves rolled up, perform the trick early on, or keep the watch in a pocket with the strap fastened the other way around, to protect the face of the watch. Some have prepared pocket watches, keep the watch in a watch box, and I am sure I have missed a stack of solutions.

I often hear people say that they don't think the repeated showings will fly by. All these people haven't actually tried it - when you do, you will see that it does fly by everyone, in my experience. It takes people a good one or two seconds to tell the time on an analogue watch on their wrist when they look directly at it up close - a casual display, at chest height and at an angle, is 100% safe.

I hope that helps anyway man, and drop me a line if you have any other questions or concerns Smile

Liam
mndude
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of mndude
Yikes! Liam is here! Does anyone else feel like you're in the midst of a celebrity whenever one of the magic creators start posting here?
Liam Montier
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Liam Montier
Ha! Yikes right back at you man Smile
GordonTheHypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
Don't Read This Sign
495 Posts

Profile of GordonTheHypnotist
Hey saysold1 have you ever explained "how you influenced them" Say the time the spectator's see is 9:05 I think it would be cool to have 3 or 4 places where the spectators can see the numbers 905 but not drawing attention to them until after the presentation. Something like the "as you can see the sub concious works in mysterious ways, it takes in information all the time and I use that information to influence you....look at the bottom of my cup it says 905 look at this brochure the numbers 905 are up in the corner, look at (stickers, buiness cards, lables, signs, projections etc) all with the number 905" This makes it kind of Derren Brown esque he uses ruses like this all the time. Its all show and magical hooey but it does add an aire of legitimacy to the effect. It also makes it look more unlikely that you used a stooge and just told them to say they saw a specific time.

Let me know what you think

Thanks,

Gordon
Gullibility is an attractive quality in people
WARD.GS
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of WARD.GS
Liam; thanks for your reply. I have to be honest and say that whilst I love the effect, in the time I have worked close up with other magicians I can't remember any time where one of us had sleeves rolled up or sleeveless. I think having the watch in a box shouts prop. I think this is a real weakness as the effect stands - I really don't want to be negative on your great effect - I'm rather look for a way around it. A solution wher you can prepare and just know you are ready. I'm sure there is a way but don't think we've hit on it yet. I'll keep working on it though. Regards ward.
Wardy
Liam Montier
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Liam Montier
No worries man, different strokes for different folks. I don't think I have performed a gig in long sleeves for years - the first thing I do is roll them up, because invariably otherwise I will just hear 'it went up your sleeve' all evening.

I hope you get to use it though man, and find a solution that works for you, because it has been such a great trick for me, particularly with the touches that Andi and Josh bought to the table as well. It is just one of those things that gives you a little kick every time you get away with it Smile

Cheers matey,

Liam.
Kevin Schaller
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
264 Posts

Profile of Kevin Schaller
I know ALOT of great effects that have such a clever method to accomplish them. But when I got Timeless I was AMAZED how clever and easy it is.
Timeless is THE best trick I EVER bought and I cannot recommend it enough!

Kevin
'Geniuses can make the world a better place or make it fall apart alongside their own minds.” - Kevin Schaller
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Has anyone thought of getting a glass from a second watch, slightly larger, to act as a cover.
A minute blob of rubber cement to hold in olace until needed.

Steve
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Why? Seems absolutely unnecessary and superfluous.
It's all in the reflexes.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2012-06-30 15:27, steveline wrote:
Has anyone thought of getting a glass from a second watch, slightly larger, to act as a cover.
A minute blob of rubber cement to hold in olace until needed.

Steve

Hi Steve-

Long time buddy. I think some others had similar ideas - actually my pal Max Krause here mentioned the idea in a conversation long ago of creating (I think) some kind of template protector or some such...but for me simplicity wins the day.

I think Liam's idea of just fastening the watch inside our works best. I've tried this at a few gigs and then put the watch on when ready to perform - basically a minute of shade is all you need.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
940 Posts

Profile of nique
Quote:
On 2012-08-07 00:33, saysold1 wrote:
I think Liam's idea of just fastening the watch inside out works best. I've tried this at a few gigs and then put the watch on when ready to perform - basically a minute of shade is all you need.

I outlined my handling of this in another thread on Timeless. For those of you worried about setup, I urge you to give this a try.
https://youtube.com/user/nateuqin

"ChairLess - A Chair Prediction"

"Epique - A Mental Epic"

"TAP - The Assignment Prediction"

PM or email me for details:

niquetan@gmail.com

Reviews here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462773&forum=303&13

https://m.facebook.com/niquetanmindreader/

www.niquetan.com
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
940 Posts

Profile of nique
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=82

Here ya go for easy access! (if you've 50 posts of course) Smile
It's the 4th or 5th post from the bottom!

~ Nique
https://youtube.com/user/nateuqin

"ChairLess - A Chair Prediction"

"Epique - A Mental Epic"

"TAP - The Assignment Prediction"

PM or email me for details:

niquetan@gmail.com

Reviews here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462773&forum=303&13

https://m.facebook.com/niquetanmindreader/

www.niquetan.com
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Thanks Nique - I still do this all the time and it remains a favorite and always fun.

I stand corrected then - tahnks to Nicque for the protection concept and thanks to Liam & Josh for the basic concept and great gimmick.

It just proves once again that the simplest of all ideas are (many times) the most powerful.

With Timeless it's 99% presentation. I'm guessing many who use this regularly or professionally have upgraded their time piece yes?
3M
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles, CA
59 Posts

Profile of 3M
Sayssold1- I've been doing this regularly at the Magic Castle with the watch provided and it kills every time. I've never been called out or suspected on the method or that the watch may look "too cheap." Not to say that I won't look into a nicer watch in the future, but for now, "it's not broke, so I won't fix it."
Semper Magus
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2012-08-09 03:46, 3M wrote:
Sayssold1- I've been doing this regularly at the Magic Castle with the watch provided and it kills every time. I've never been called out or suspected on the method or that the watch may look "too cheap." Not to say that I won't look into a nicer watch in the future, but for now, "it's not broke, so I won't fix it."

Which presentation are you using at the Castle?
Nikki78
View Profile
Special user
I impaled Dracula with
511 Posts

Profile of Nikki78
Hey guys,

just want to share my idea with you - I'm not quite sure if someone posted this idea in the first place.
(I was too lazy to read all the 11 pages Smile )

I like to perform the routine "Back to the future" (on the DVD "The Unknown" from Mark Bendell) combined with the
"Timeless" watch & principle. This adds an extra highlight to the already strong effect.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers

Nikki
I'm no native speaker - please ignore the mistakes Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Timeless By Liam Montier (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL