The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Timeless By Liam Montier (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Yep, this is just one of those crazy things where some might possibly think; 'This will just never fly', and they might perhaps over analyze it's possible failure due to it's insane simplicity. But, ya know what... it WORKS! Just take the time to practice a good presentation that you feel works best for you and go out and kill with it! Smile
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter – "A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-07-02 19:03, gaffed wrote:
Yep, this is just one of those crazy things where some might possibly think; 'This will just never fly', and they might perhaps over analyze it's possible failure due to it's insane simplicity. But, ya know what... it WORKS! Just take the time to practice a good presentation that you feel works best for you and go out and kill with it! Smile

What he said!
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
What they both said Smile
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Still havent had the Bolas to try this. Maybe its the old style watch...
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-07-03 10:05, paisa23 wrote:
Still havent had the Bolas to try this. Maybe its the old style watch...

Just do it... not once has anyone questioned anything. You think it must be bold but it isn't - I can hold the watch out for 5 min (literally) and the spectator is still none the wiser.

"Did you get the time - can you see it?"

"Yes, yes" they always say.

"Are you sure"

"Yes!" they always say...even after making sure.

So good.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
smullins
View Profile
Special user
United States
678 Posts

Profile of smullins
I wore the watch out (without being set up) just to see if anyone would say anything. I was asked for the time, looked at the watch and just called out something close to the time it was... The person said "thanks!" and walked away.

Have some guts Smile it's like the cross cut force... Just bold but with the right play it's a miracle.
Shawn Mullins

www.MullinsMagic.com
MikeMgc
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of MikeMgc
Its like most things, it better to try to think like the spectator or layperson (They don't know whats coming) and are just looking to be entertained, so you need to just go with it. As Magicans, we have a tendency to over-analyse because we find it difficult to like a layperson, sometimes you just need to just go for it and be bold.

I remember feeling the same way when first performing humbug, once you know the secret you cannot see how you can get possibly away with this - but it just works and fries audiences !
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Just wanted to share that I did my Timeless routine this afternoon in a completely new way - on stage cabaret style.

I did the show at a high end senior center, and based on feedback from the one hour set... TIMELESS absolutely rocked the house!

I made two changes to the routine which can be found earlier in this thread - after the spectator sees their chosen time and turns away, I used a large poster board to show the audience the message "WATCH HAS NO HANDS." I asked everyone to try not to react to what they saw prior to showing the poster board.

At the end I asked the entire 70 person audience on the count of three to say in unison "THE WATCH HAS NO HANDS."

Anyone looking for a powerhouse effect showing influence cannot go wrong with using TIMELESS in a bigger platform.
foretold
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of foretold
Just wanted to add my thanks to Liam and Josh and Andi as well as everyone that has shared your thought in this thread. Still a great effect and method. I only wish I had found this earlier.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I use this for stage at nearly every show now.

I also heard from a good source that a well known German Mentalist is using this for his stage work too. Not someone we see here at the Café.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Jul 3, 2013, smullins wrote:
I wore the watch out (without being set up) just to see if anyone would say anything. I was asked for the time, looked at the watch and just called out something close to the time it was... The person said "thanks!" and walked away.

Have some guts Smile it's like the cross cut force... Just bold but with the right play it's a miracle.

When performing this now for parlour or stage I actually WANT someone to notice that the watch on my wrist has no hands prior to showtime - in this way I have someone that can verify that the watch never did have hands and it is not a "trick" watch per se.

At some shows just prior I go to someone seated near the front and ask them to examine the watch carefully, note that it has no hands, and also note that it is in fact "ticking."

Later in the show this person acts as corroborator and witness after the final reveal.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
GREAT idea Saysold!
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I brought this out again after a long time. I couldn't do the needed move in one swift motion, well, I was a complete idiot and never noticed when you got the watch there is a film on the wach! Well that made it a lot easier, I can really see this being added into one of my sets.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2014, Blindside785 wrote:
I brought this out again after a long time. I couldn't do the needed move in one swift motion, well, I was a complete idiot and never noticed when you got the watch there is a film on the wach! Well that made it a lot easier, I can really see this being added into one of my sets.

Yes the removal of the film on that watch was mentioned by me I think way way way back in the beginning of the thread!
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
I know this is an older thread.

I'm trying to acquire one and it's not available anywhere.

Curious if you guys are still using this?
Dave the Knave
View Profile
Regular user
Cochise County, Arizona
163 Posts

Profile of Dave the Knave
Quote:
On Jun 30, 2017, mikenewman wrote:
I know this is an older thread.

I'm trying to acquire one and it's not available anywhere.

Curious if you guys are still using this?

Joshua Jay teaches it in his first Penguin lecture. http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2683

A jeweler could modify your own watch for you.
smikey12000
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of smikey12000
I went through this lecture
and couldn't find where he teaches "Timeless"
Are we sure it was Josh Jay that taught it ?
I know it was a penguin live Lecture
Just trying to locate which one...
I'd really like to learn this one
any help appreciated
Filip Struzka
View Profile
New user
Czech rep.
21 Posts

Profile of Filip Struzka
Yes it is definitely in there! JJ's Penguin LIVE Lecture..just Check 21st minute ;-)
smikey12000
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of smikey12000
Thanx Filip
I'm heading over now...
The 21st minute is so helpful
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Does anybody still have the instructional video on their computer for the original Timeless?

I have the new Timeless Deluxe - as evidence, see my detailed review on it that I posted recently elsewhere on The Café.

I'd love to compare the instructional video for Timeless Deluxe with the instructional video provided with the original release ten years ago. I contacted Vanishing Inc to see if I could get access to a digital download of the original instructional video, but they told me that sadly it's been long lost on one of their hard drives. So unfortunately they couldn't help me out with that.

So I was hoping maybe someone here could help, if someone still has a digital copy of it on their computer? It's a long shot, but I figured it was worth a try.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Timeless By Liam Montier (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL