The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » DAVID Copperfield TO BE HONORED GUEST AT S.A.M. CONVENTION (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dal
View Profile
Regular user
Dallas, TX
124 Posts

Profile of Dal
The Society of American Magicians (S.A.M.) is proud to announce that David Copperfield will be the guest of honor at their national convention in Las Vegas on July 23-26, 2012.

During the November 14 meeting of the Scotch Plains, NJ Assembly #161 (the David Copperfield Assembly), Mr. Copperfield called from his island home and was congratulated for this special recognition. He recounted his long history with the S.A.M. as its Ambassador of Magic and the support he received as a youth from Past President and M-U-M Editor Leslie P. Guest. Mr. Copperfield welcomes all S.A.M. Members to Las Vegas this summer.

S.A.M. Convention Producer John Apperson also announced that tickets for the David Copperfield show at the MGM Grand Hotel will be included as part of the entertainment package for all those registered at the convention. This $118 value is included with the low convention registration rate of $225 for S.A.M. Members at the early bird rate. With the addition of Copperfield, the S.A.M. expects to fully sell out all available registrations for this convention.

Here is a convention not to be missed! David Copperfield plus Jason Baney, Mathieu Bich, Nathan Burton, John Cassidy, Christian and Katalina, Funtasio, Joseph Gabriel & Katalin, Jeff Hobson, Kim Hyunjoon, Chris Kenner, Mac King, Losander, Sarlot and Eyed, Roy Shank, Ali Shelly, Dan Sperry, David Stone, The Great Tomsoni & Co., Boris Wild and all the other fantastic shows, lectures, dealers, and camaraderie you expect from the S.A.M.

We also have Great rates of $45 per night at the Golden Nugget.

For the schedule and tentative lineup of performers plus more registration information, please visit:
http://www.magicsam.com
Dal Sanders International Comedy Magician and Illusionist Based In Dallas, TX

The Society of American Magicians Past National President
M.I.M.C.*
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
I had heard David Copperfield was going to be there and to register early...even though I didn't listen and jump on it early, I'm happy that I was able to get my registration in yesterday. Looks like it will be a great convention. I just need to work out the logistics now. Smile
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Not only will each person who registers for the S.A.M. National Convention get a ticket to see David Copperfield at the MGM (Valued at $119) But you will also get a ticket see Mac King's show at Harrah's. We are also going to provide transportation to the shows. All that PLUS the other 18 acts and lecturers that are already booked for the rest of the convention. WOW!

In the past week we have been SWAMPED with people registering for the convention in 2012. There is a limit to how many seats we can offer. The last time we were in Las Vegas we sold out. Other Las Vegas conventions sell out. This one will too. Don't be left out.
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Here is a partial list of dealers for the convention. More to come. Get your shopping lists ready.

Kelvin Chun
Daytona Magic
Denny & Lee Magic Studio
Fantasio
Fantastic Magic
Joker Magic
Bob Little
Losander
Magic Magazine
Nielsen Magic
SWC Magic
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Haven't been to Vegas in a few years and it was going to be a toss up between this and IMX. This is looking to be a much better deal but even the THOUGHT of Vegas in late July....ugh.
weidhaas
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of weidhaas
The hotel is air conditioned and plenty to do there ;-)

Speaking of the hotel: http://www.magicsam.com/SAM2012/hotel.asp is the place to go for the fastest and easiest hotel information at the Golden Nugget. Prices are unbelievable. If you haven't already registered for the convention, do so before February 1 for the early bird rate. Price of the Copperfield and Mac King shows that are included (along with all the other shows) makes it almost free. It's a great Christmas gift. Buy an extra registration for your spouse! 
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Quote:
On 2011-12-06 04:27, pepka wrote:
Haven't been to Vegas in a few years and it was going to be a toss up between this and IMX. This is looking to be a much better deal but even the THOUGHT of Vegas in late July....ugh.

But it's a dry heat! Smile
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
As Mike Finney says, "So is your oven, and I don't see you and your family picnicking in there on the 4th of July!"
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
I booked a room at the Golden Nugget if anyone is looking to split the cost. I'll be arriving on the 22nd and leaving on the 28th.
jdmagick
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of jdmagick
I see a lot of good dealers NOT going to this convention. Could it be that there is no time for dealers as in the past & the cost??? Hello? Wake up S.A.M. Doesn't matter if its in Las Vegas, you lost your following. You lose your convention if you lose good dealers. It's a second rate convention anymore.
Dal
View Profile
Regular user
Dallas, TX
124 Posts

Profile of Dal
Hi JD-

You probably didn't read that the list offered above is only a PARTIAL dealer list list. The word on the street is that the S.A.M. Convention this summer will simply be the best convention of the year. No other convention has Copperfield AND Mac King (not to mention Jason Baney, Mathieu Bich, Nathan Burton, John Cassidy, Christian and Katalina, Yann Frisch, Funtasio, Kim Hyunjoon, Chris Kenner, Losander, Sarlot and Eyed, Roy Shank, Ali Shelly, Luna Shimada, R. G. Smith, Dan Sperry, David Stone, The Great Tomsoni & Co., Fielding West and Boris Wild). No other convention has more pre-registrations this early in the game(we will probably sell out all available seats before July). The tickets to see Copperfield and Mac King alone would add a value $150+ to the ticket price.

It doesn't look to me like we have lost our following and we certainly don't look like a second rate convention. You should come out to the convention and check it out. I attend between 5 and 8 conventions a year and I have found that the S.A.M. convention is the friendliest of them all. I don't say that because I'm a National Officer...the truth is , I'm a National Officer because the Society of American Magicians is the friendliest organization with the strongest program (and that includes "the friendliest" & the best convention).

Thanks for your time...I hope to see you in Las Vegas!

--Dal Sanders
Dal Sanders International Comedy Magician and Illusionist Based In Dallas, TX

The Society of American Magicians Past National President
M.I.M.C.*
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
A lot of dealers are not doing a lot of conventions for a variety of reasons. Too many conventions, too much cost, internet price competition.

The main reason I go is show first hand what I make and have. No one handles my products and no one knows them like I do. As for the dealer time, that is always a problem at any convention. The main thing is that there is time to see the dealers when nothing else is going on. SAM has tried to do this, as have many of the smarter convention planners.

I don't think it is a second rate convention. Has it lack some of the status it once had?...possibly. But I think you only have to go through the magazines to see all the conventions going on, one day get together, lecture tours and more. It used to be you went to the the national convention because it was the only place to see the acts and hear the lectures. But those times have changed.

As for second rate dealers, I take extreme resentment to that remark. I will let my record in this business speak for itself.

I certainly feel that you are entitled to your opinion, but I certainly do not think this is a second rate convention with second rate dealers.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
Dick no need to blow your own horn, you should re-read that post, you take offense at something that was not said. They said something of it becoming a second rate convention, which is their opinion. Nothing was said about the dealers being second rate, just that many that used to go no longer do for a variety of possible reasons. And as Dal pointed out, not a complete list anyway. So you have nothing to take issue with regarding the quality of dealers. Heck Denny and Lee, Losander, Fantasio, and Nielsen are all wordclass.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » DAVID Copperfield TO BE HONORED GUEST AT S.A.M. CONVENTION (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL