The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » How much?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kraziee
View Profile
New user
Bristol
3 Posts

Profile of Kraziee
I have a copy of the Magic Wand, October-November, 1922 (No 115-VolXI)and I was wondering how much this is worth, if it is worth anything?

It has "forty magical items" in it with contibutors such as David Devant, P.T Selbit, Gus fowler, Chris Van Bern, G W. Hunter, and sevral others.

Now I know that you probably wont be able to say very easily as you can't see the copy, but if you could give me a general idea, that would be cool as I have been wondering about this for ages.

P.S. I have no intention of selling, so please don't ask.
Smile
Its aLl In tHE mINd
alanm99
View Profile
Regular user
England, UK
138 Posts

Profile of alanm99
Not Much Smile
Kraziee
View Profile
New user
Bristol
3 Posts

Profile of Kraziee
Oh well, it was worth a try as I have no idea and was curious.

Thanks anyway.
Its aLl In tHE mINd
Manipulix
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
174 Posts

Profile of Manipulix
I just bought Crystal Casket Trick from the early 40ies. Great and intelligent. Smile Smile

Magically yours

Manipulix
What is life without a little bit of magic?
DaveB
View Profile
New user
Toronto
83 Posts

Profile of DaveB
Kraziee,
Like anything else it depends on the buyer. To someone who collects old magic magazines (depending on the condition)it could be worth hundreds. To others $10 would probably be asking too much.
I collect music related items: Gold record awards, signed albulms, and other rare items.
How much is it worth? To someone who collects stuff for a particular artist or group..a lot! To others, you probably couldn't give it away.

A way to find out a ball park figure, is to do a search for simular items at places like Ebay and other auction and collectible sites.
It may be tough for magic related magazines, but you may get lucky.
Hope this helps.
Sid Mayer
View Profile
Special user
Santa Fe, NM
656 Posts

Profile of Sid Mayer
If it helps, a couple of years ago I sold a complete run of 25 years of the Linking Ring in very fine condition. That's 300 magazines. Rather than chance having them fall into lay hands, I sold them to a reputable magic dealer. The total price came to a bit less than fifty cents (U.S.) each.

Collectors would pay much more for an issue they did not have but I was moving and needed the space. Actually, I was quite happy to get what I did.

Sid
All the world's a stage ... and everybody on it is overacting.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » How much?? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL