The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Forbidden Mentalism by Jerome Finley (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
SubconsciousSymbols
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, UK
250 Posts

Profile of SubconsciousSymbols
How have you got it/read it already Andy?

This has my interest captured....

Anyone know how much it will be?

Asher
'The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious'
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1415 Posts

Profile of MDantes
This Sound like amazing work fellas.

(smiles)

I'm glad to see parmenion and Carl getting along so well...

I always thought they would "hit it off".

(winks)
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
$375 for Farewell ebook
$249 for Forbidden.

$479 and all 580 pages can be yours if combined.

PM Jerome or use his email off his site. PM me is you have to as a last resort.

This will NOT be listed on his web.
-Scott M
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2196 Posts

Profile of dmoses
I'm going to sound like a contrarian here but I certainly don't recommend "Forbidden Mentalism" for everyone.
In fact, after purchasing, studying and performing Jerome's work over the last four or five years I now think twice before recommending much of Jerome's work to anyone-- stay with me here.

There is no denying the profound nature of Jerome's stuff. It is, as described above by others, very powerful mojo. And therein is the problem: the first thing I ever read of Jerome's was a gift he made of his eBook, Random Acts of Kindness. We met at a workshop in Vegas, we had a couple of great conversations, shared a love of Q&A... but when I read RAOK I couldn't make heads or tails of it. There was a bunch of crazy ideas, some touchy-feely things but it was a little short on tricks... I couldn't say that it wasn't good. I just didn't get it.

I returned to my 13 Steps and my Osterlind DVDs and continued my determined acquisition of secrets... and I have no idea what possessed me, I think I was probably being polite when I bought Thought Channel... and it was a moment of weakness when I bought Thought Dial... and honestly, I still didn't get it. I kept looking for tricks and Jerome kept giving me ways to connect with people and junk like that-- You can probably see where this is going-- but it's not going quite there.

The strength of Jerome's work-- and it is so very strong -- is that it's definitely NOT for everyone... in fact, I'd say it's really hardly for anyone! Honestly, the more I study it, the more it's obvious that it's mostly for Jerome! Who else?!
I don't want to sound patronizing because I honestly believe that there's nothing wrong with performing tricks to amazing your friends. It's fun! And it should be. But I can't do it anymore.

Consider this review a warning.

Nietzsche wrote : If you gaze for long into an Abyss, the Abyss gazes also into you.

I feel the same way about Jerome's work. If you read this sh*t, it will get into your head and mess you up. And the more you read the more you will change. You will not be happy with yourself and your bag of tricks and the way you perform for a long time. It is a long and demanding apprenticeship.

So think twice before you order this one up... I know some of you think I'm joking, but I promise you I'm not. It's not called "Forbidden Mentalism" for nothing.

all the best

dave

but I hope you'll stick around to the end of the post.
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
Wow...that is perfect!

Naturally, I am on the same page with you and agree that this is not for everyone. I think that if you are a performer and are ready for the journey dave mentions then you are ready for Jeromes works, if not...stay far away.
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1026 Posts

Profile of kannon
Dave I totally agree - Honestly few who read this will understand it - even fewer will understand and use it and grasp the rich history behind the material; history that was born from people sitting around a fire about to cast the first charcoal drawing upon an overhang in a rock.

This is by someone, for someone, who lives and breaths the material and the lifestyle with it ... who has taken concepts and ideologies, tangible and conceptual, and worked a craft with them.

If you buy this you are taking a risk. You are not buying magic or mentalism. I wouldn't recommend it.

If you are seeking to satisfy a curiosity perhaps investigate one of his other works, perhaps even the Farewell Book, but stay clear of Forbidden Mentalism.

Scott M: I think an established performer TAKES A BIGGER RISK with this material - Because few will have the persona and the heart to do it.
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1415 Posts

Profile of MDantes
Dave...

You and Scott are the loves of my life.

We need to have coffee one day...

Dig.
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
Kannon, your comment may ring true...yet, there is something in me that says that your comment is a bit 'general' in a way that your comment does not apply to me as I DID the Journey that dave mentions, therfore may not apply to someone here as well that IS ready for that journey. I was sick of many of the elements of magic and mentalism and Jeromes material opened up the premise of Transformational Entertainment. I am not a healer, yet I heal. I am not a psychic, yet I do esoteric and supernatural things. I an not a counselor, yet I counsel. I am not a reader, yet I read. And this material helps me to do this in an every day kinda way. Yes I perform and make some money but I am doing this in my everyday living as well because it is apart of me and who I am. So, I think we are on the same page, really. As, I know who I am and what I am capable of doing...as you are. THAT is the heart and persona required to be able to do Jeromes work in your OWN way by knowing who you are and what you are capable of doing IMHO.

This is not a rebuttle or arguement for your statement, but a good point of wondering if Jeromes work is for everyone. It is NOT and he will let you know that. But if the student is ready, the teacher WILL come. And be ready for a journey.

Thanks for the stimulating thought Kannon!

-Scott
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Quote:
On 2011-11-18 15:19, MDantes wrote:
Dave...

You and Scott are the loves of my life.

We need to have coffee one day...

Dig.

Lol, Raux, you are one hip diggidy funny guy, love your work

The loves of your life? Ron'll be distraught!!

Love ya bro

Kam

Ps anything with the words "taboo" and "Finley" in it is not for your average day to day magic man, thanks for pointing that out Dave Smile
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1415 Posts

Profile of MDantes
Kam...

You an Ronnie both know I'm yalls main squeeze.

Don't even play.
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1026 Posts

Profile of kannon
Quote:
On 2011-11-18 15:50, Scott M wrote:
Kannon, your comment may ring true...yet, there is something in me that says that your comment is a bit 'general' in a way that your comment does not apply to me as I DID the Journey that dave mentions, therfore may not apply to someone here as well that IS ready for that journey. I was sick of many of the elements of magic and mentalism and Jeromes material opened up the premise of Transformational Entertainment. I am not a healer, yet I heal. I am not a psychic, yet I do esoteric and supernatural things. I an not a counselor, yet I counsel. I am not a reader, yet I read. And this material helps me to do this in an every day kinda way. Yes I perform and make some money but I am doing this in my everyday living as well because it is apart of me and who I am. So, I think we are on the same page, really. As, I know who I am and what I am capable of doing...as you are. THAT is the heart and persona required to be able to do Jeromes work in your OWN way by knowing who you are and what you are capable of doing IMHO.

This is not a rebuttle or arguement for your statement, but a good point of wondering if Jeromes work is for everyone. It is NOT and he will let you know that. But if the student is ready, the teacher WILL come. And be ready for a journey.

Thanks for the stimulating thought Kannon!

-Scott

Yeah it was a bit general.

I totally feel what your saying. It does teach and show you how to turn something into a transformational piece and to treat your performances with the respect and process they deserve and in doing so create something truly touching and transformative. His work itself is transformative; as you and I and many others can attest too.

The premise of Transformational Entertainment Smile At least it starts as premise then it takes over ...

Quote:
On 2011-11-18 15:50, Scott M wrote:
I am not a healer, yet I heal. I am not a psychic, yet I do esoteric and supernatural things. I an not a counselor, yet I counsel. I am not a reader, yet I read.

Love it!

How about we start singing ...
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1415 Posts

Profile of MDantes
(dances)
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
So what you're saying is these books are not for everyone but are more suited for rich poets. Is that correct? LOL

Steve
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
Steve, I am far from being wealthy. I just looked at what I was spending my money on through out the year, where I was spending it and looking at what I ended up ACTUALLY doing or performing. I realized I didn't like the journey, so I stopped buying stuff abd props and books and started saving my hard earned cash to experience another possibility. My way of performing now has reached new levels that is not available in 90% of the resources out there. Come to find out that there is really a small world out there of material that not many are willing to journey through as buying unusable material, props that get thrown in the drawer and mindless time that consumes us to only reveal that we know how to do it...but will NEVER ACTUALLY do it all keeps the dealers happy. I had to stop that because of my financial situation. So I save for what is of value TO ME. I know many...no, only a few that have decided to do that as well and we have all discoverd one of many cool things...our own creativity explodes. So taking Jeromes resources has exploded creativity in a few performers. I am just trying to have a few more join in. And it is worth it as my performance has a value and market and perceived value that has paid off and is beyond price paid for manuscripts. So, I am not wealthy...yet.

But, I am a poet!

Scott M
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1415 Posts

Profile of MDantes
(jar with "i ain't rich" written on it sits on stool)

Roses are red...

Violets are Blue...

Romes' work ain't for everyone...

But it may be for you.

(scene)

(snaps fingers instead of clapping hands)

Word.
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
Quote:
On 2011-11-19 11:47, Scott M wrote:
Steve, I am far from being wealthy. I just looked at what I was spending my money on through out the year, where I was spending it and looking at what I ended up ACTUALLY doing or performing. I realized I didn't like the journey, so I stopped buying stuff abd props and books and started saving my hard earned cash to experience another possibility. My way of performing now has reached new levels that is not available in 90% of the resources out there. Come to find out that there is really a small world out there of material that not many are willing to journey through as buying unusable material, props that get thrown in the drawer and mindless time that consumes us to only reveal that we know how to do it...but will NEVER ACTUALLY do it all keeps the dealers happy. I had to stop that because of my financial situation. So I save for what is of value TO ME. I know many...no, only a few that have decided to do that as well and we have all discoverd one of many cool things...our own creativity explodes. So taking Jeromes resources has exploded creativity in a few performers. I am just trying to have a few more join in. And it is worth it as my performance has a value and market and perceived value that has paid off and is beyond price paid for manuscripts. So, I am not wealthy...yet.

Scott I'm sure you realize I was semi joking. I too own several of JF works and can appreciate how he constantly pushes the envelope. I also agree that his work is not for everyone. I would hate to see someone just starting out spending his last few dollars on this rather than some much more basic work that he could purchase for far less. I do admire your passion and appreciate your poetry.

Steve

But, I am a poet!

Scott M

Posted: Nov 19, 2011 2:29pm
Sorry if my post got a little screwed up with the proper quotations. It's this darn I pad that my wife just bought for me. She should have spent the money on a new manuscript instead.

Steve
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I am tempted - but in this case, its whether I could devote the time to it, and do it justice/make use of it fully right now...hmmmm....
I've asked to be banned
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
No problem Steve. Enjoy your iPad.

Iain..."make use of it fully right now"...man, all of Jeromes work has to marinate with me to make us of PARTIAL bits not now but 'after a while" and as you well know, it IS worth it. Your next on my list for next year of resources to marinate in!

Scott M
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I'm still being soaked by jerome's CMR release...

oh and thank you scott...enjoy the marinade!
I've asked to be banned
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1580 Posts

Profile of gmeister
What I would love to see are Jerome's "non-mentalism" works--the ones that deal specifically with shamanism and steps of initiation. I've tried to get my hands on them no no avail. (Yes, I've written to Jerome in his various incarnations, but nothing.)

If anyone has some suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Forbidden Mentalism by Jerome Finley (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.36 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL