The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alex Geiser - Prodigy (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
This looks like a beautiful piece of magic. I don't often see magic that I instantly love but this is one of those rare pieces, that just reignites my love for our art. Good job Alex!

Lloyd
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Anyone get this yet?

Any reviews?

I am also tempted and I am a mentalist.

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
I purchased this this morning and have been practicing all day long.

I'm a card guy myself, I can do some simple three fly and chink a chink routines but only do those when forced.....That being said, I WILL be performing this as often as possible.

I have rather small hands so hiding coins can be a problem, but with this routine, that's not a major problem. Also this doens't have to be done with half dollars, I've been practicing with quarters since those coins are a lot more common than kennedy halves.

The methodology here is just brilliant. I wouldn't say there are any neccassarily NEW moves, but the old moves are linked together in suych a beautiful, organic way that they look completely different than ever before. The rythm, flow, and pacing of the routine is just fabulous. It is what makes the trick so magical. Also, the only hard part for me was the very first production of the four coins. I've been working on it all day and I STILL haven't gotten it to work 100% of the time.

On a scale of 1-10 (1 being the easiest) I would rate this a 6. It's not impossibly hard (As I was thinking it would be) But at the same time, it is going to take a lot of practice to get everything smooth.

Alex does a great job on the teaching. It is very very very easy to understand. Its mostly taught from an over-the-shoulder view making it really easy to follow along. Alex also teaches how to make the routine seem like a miracle. It turns it from "sleight of hand" to a "miracle" and it truely does.

I think this will be in everyone's arsenal very soon. The visuals are just too good to pass up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't do many reviews so if you have any questions, just ask.
alex_pandrea
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of alex_pandrea
Wow, thanks for the awesome comments. I agree with everything you are saying, MagicMaddy. That first production is insanely beautiful BUT I think its the hardest part of the routine. I've been playing around with it for a couple of weeks now - but man, when it hits! Ahhh its gold. ALSO, the bonus (one of the bonuses) teaches you to wave your hand and produce 8 coins (10 also) on your open palm. This can be seen at the end of the trailer.

Alex^
donsmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of donsmagic
Hey Alex!
Don H here! I'm very proud of you. I still remember this little kid and his mom coming in my magic shop for the latest Mak Magic. I'm glad you're doing so well!
All the best!
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Quote:
On 2011-11-25 18:58, alex_pandrea wrote:
Wow, thanks for the awesome comments. I agree with everything you are saying, MagicMaddy. That first production is insanely beautiful BUT I think its the hardest part of the routine. I've been playing around with it for a couple of weeks now - but man, when it hits! Ahhh its gold. ALSO, the bonus (one of the bonuses) teaches you to wave your hand and produce 8 coins (10 also) on your open palm. This can be seen at the end of the trailer.

Alex^

YOu are completely correct. When it works just perfectly I get chills.
Mano
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of Mano
WOW,just WOW.

What else can I say about Alex Geiser and this amazing routine,Man you hit it out the park with it.This routine is out of this world Alex.

Honestly, I rarely get impressed by the coin magic that is out there these days;but Alex has published some of his coin material this year and man, his coin work is pure art to my eyes, it's just so beautiful to watch.

I have a couple of favorite coin magicians in this world, Kainoa Harbottle being my # 1.Alex is easy getting in that list of my favorite coin magicians.

Well done AG.

Peace Out There.

Mano*

P.S Happy Holidays Everyone.
Geraint
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Geraint
Saw the performance on youtube.

Wow!

Beautiful routine.
alex_pandrea
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of alex_pandrea
I wonder why those who picked at the teaser for this aren't saying anything after seeing the full trailer hmm. lol Smile

Alex^
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Quote:
On 2011-11-25 18:51, MagicMaddy wrote:
I've been working on it all day and I STILL haven't gotten it to work 100% of the time.

Wait, you practiced for a WHOLE day and STILL haven't got it? Smile
In all seriousness, this looks amazing. I can't wait to pick this up soon!
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
Quote:
On 2011-11-26 15:01, alex_pandrea wrote:
I wonder why those who picked at the teaser for this aren't saying anything after seeing the full trailer hmm. lol Smile

Alex^

Because the trailer has a guy doing some excellent coin magic. Strangely, they left off the part where he's wandering the docks in an authentically scruffy leather jacket, and at the end, tosses all his coins into the bay. It was never about Alex Geiser, it's about how companies insist on over the top cinematic license when they beg for pre-orders. It's about a pretty box and packaging, about too much frosting on my cupcake. The uber-cool is the millennial version of the formal top-hat and tails that was my version of a real magician growing up.

I don't think I've ever seen (outside of a Bainesque, Mindfreak magic set infomercial) anyone actually perform with the hyper-cool persona. Certainly Mr. Geiser doesn't do that. I wonder how well it would play? Should I stand, leaning slightly forward, peering deeply into the distance while I make a Shakespherian gesture for three minutes? Does that fly in a performance? To each his own I guess. Give me the likes of Lennart Green for the common-man look and feel anytime over the mystical and the otherworldly.

Alex (Pandrea, not Geiser), you managed to "keep it real" in your promo for Coin Waltz. You were out in NYC, performing for actual people. That's a great trailer.

I'm probably just jealous I can't pull off the movie star in the desert look.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I ordered the DVD and look forward to it, if not exposure, how angly and howl easy to get into the intial set up from your pockets for walk around?
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
The initial setup is extremely easy. U get into it from a cl*ssic p*lm, and from there it goes into the actual setup so its extremely easy.

As for the angles....it will be pretty easy to control with audience managment it works best one on one simply because the best angle is overhead.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Thanks
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Quote:
On 2011-11-27 00:32, Xcath1 wrote:
Thanks

You're welcome. You won't be disappointed with this. I finally have it pretty much mastered. I can't wait to show this off.
alex_pandrea
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of alex_pandrea
Just wanted to let you guys know that were thinking about purchasing this - its on sale for today only along with every other product in our shop for cyber monday!! Woo hoo Smile

Alex^
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
For someone who is not that proficient with coins, how difficult would it be to master?

I know this is subjective but a general answer would be appreciated.

thanks
edh
Magic is a vanishing art.
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
I don't consider myself a great coin guy but I can do all the moves....that being said, he teaches everything you need to know. It IS going to take practice though. Even for a skilled magician. Just to smooth out the edges.
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
MM, thanks for the answer to my question.

It does look like the C****** P*** will be the hardest move in the effect to master. I don't do the CP.

thanks
Magic is a vanishing art.
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
You're welcome.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alex Geiser - Prodigy (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL