The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alex Geiser - Prodigy (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
alex_pandrea
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of alex_pandrea
Wow, MagicMaddy, that's very impressive. Would love to see it sometime, and I'm sure Alex Geiser would like to also. Also, have you performed this for everyone. Make sure you take into account everything that Alex says on the DVD about the timing and pausing in-between the moves. Its one thing to be able to perform the moves, its another to perform it live and get the most power out of it across to the spectator.

Alex^
alex_pandrea
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of alex_pandrea
Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone. Here is a nice review from our forums! :

The Prodigy by Alex Geiser

Effect:

Price: $27.95 (Instant Download), $29.95 (DVD)

Teaching: Alex has clearly invested a massive amount of time in this routine. His teaching clearly demonstrates that this is a routine Alex is extremely passionate about; I felt as if I was being given access to an exclusive pet routine. The teaching is superb, Alex instils a real sense of importance at certain points, allowing you to really grasp those points which are critical, and those which serve to improve the routine when you are closer to mastering it.

Quality of materials(if it is a gimmik etc): This is my first "Blue Crown" purchase, and I am extremely impressed. The quality of the download was perfect. This is NOT some film-at-home-webcam-garbage but high quality, well-edited video production.

Difficulty: Short answer=Difficult. Long answer=Quite Difficult. I am familiar with most, and competent with some of the moves required to perform The Prodigy. However, what Alex really teaches is the fluidity of motion required to seamlessly integrate these "moves" into a piece of ballet with the hands. To give you some idea, I already perform Homer Liwag's CoinOne (what I would say competently). I consider The Prodigy to be slightly more difficult than CoinOne, but not quite in the realm of Ponta The Smith Difficulty.

Applications: I was amazed by the "Mirage Vanish", which is a sleight I will apply to my close up coin-work almost immediately. This was the first time I encountered such a vanish. In terms of the routine, as several others have mentioned, I will be reserving The Prodigy for those special times when you really want to amaze someone.

Overall Rating: 10/10
I couldn't have asked more of this package. I have already learnt a beautiful vanish that I can apply immediately. On top of this, I now have a routine to which I can devote a lot of personal practice time.
To summarise:
When perfected, The Prodigy will give you a performance piece that I can only describe as a quiet moment of astounding beauty.

Thanks to Alex for releasing this!

Thanks
Alex^
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Quote:
On 2011-12-02 13:59, alex_pandrea wrote:
Wow, MagicMaddy, that's very impressive. Would love to see it sometime, and I'm sure Alex Geiser would like to also. Also, have you performed this for everyone. Make sure you take into account everything that Alex says on the DVD about the timing and pausing in-between the moves. Its one thing to be able to perform the moves, its another to perform it live and get the most power out of it across to the spectator.

Alex^

Yes sir I did. That's one if the things that I love is you HAVE to pause to let the magic sink in Smile
asherfox
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of asherfox
Just placed my order.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Any who has this- are you still enjoying it, performing it? What have your reactions been like?
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Keng
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Keng
I am wondering the same thing. Since this has been out there for a time, how are people doing learning and performing this? I had the privilege of learning some of my first coin magic from Al Schneider in the early 70's and am still doing his Coins Across and Matrix routines. I think this would fit in well with my coin work. Thanks.

TCG438
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of TCG438
I was lucky enough to see Alex do this in person.
It really does look this good!
squando
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of squando
The video is stunning. I don't know if I can do it justice.
Frank
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alex Geiser - Prodigy (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL