We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Tuck-less Topit design? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1068 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
I hope that title comes across coherently. I would like a topit which can be sewn into clothing items, ie short vests and short jackets that are cut above the waist line of the trousers or jeans. By this I mean a topit with another method of connection to the body (shirt) as opposed to tucking the flap in as this wouldnt be an option.

I have the Ammar DVD and pattern as well as the Fitch Workshop and Carl Cloutier DVD's, but this isn't covered.

I could of course take a topit like JSB's Design, which I favor for the backdrop, and remove the flap, and use velcro to attach the bottom edge to the shirt as opposed to tucking it in, like the backdrop, but I am curious if anyone has worked this into print or DVD, or actually produced a topit as such. I have heard Fabric Manipulation does beautiful custom work.

It would be interesting to hear if anyone has walked in this direction before I begin. Shorter coats and vests and becoming popular in modern fashion so I do feel it is an appropriate direction in which to move.

If anyone has done this, was Velcro or buttons your means of connection? It would seem buttons would have an advantage if one desired to remove the jacket or vest during their act. Did you use a store-bought topit?

I appreciate the help, thank you.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22930 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Just so happens I was checking out Bob Miller Relentless ring product. On that promo he mentions something about a topit for a vest and it being shorter.

Take a look at the promo here:
http://www.bobmillermagic.biz/

You could email Mr. Miller and see it fits your needs.
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1068 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
BILL!

He actually shows the topit on the clip, good eye. Bang on, ill shoot him a few words.
abrell
View Profile
Loyal user
Remscheid, Germany
284 Posts

Profile of abrell
I remember that Cellini had a topit that fastened itself to the vest by strong magnets.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Tuck-less Topit design? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL