The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Can't say Merry Christmas (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22 [Next]
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Since everyone is juiced up, anybody willing to share your thoughts in the following debate thread: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=6&80
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Quote:
On 2011-12-11 08:30, Dynamike wrote:
Since everyone is juiced up, anybody willing to share your thoughts in the following debate thread: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=6&80

I don't think so, but do tell'em we all said, Merry Christmas.

And give em this quote:

"If a man tells you he doesn't want anything for Christmas, you should respect that mans wishes,
and go burn his house down." --Unknown

Tom
Quote:
"If a man tells you he doesn't want anything for Christmas, you should respect that mans wishes,

Meaning: Some people take things way to serious.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2011-12-11 09:52, TomBoleware wrote:

"Light your faith and you shall light the world. Set fire to a church of your choice" -- National Lampoon's Radio Dinner
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
When are we going to get to the burning crosses in my front yard?
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2011-12-12 05:35, Dynamike wrote:
When are we going to get to the burning crosses in my front yard?

Easter, right after the flaming egg hunt.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
LOL
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2393 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
I was setting up for my show the other night, and because of the overtly religious Christmas songs that were being sung by the band followed by the prayer that had a definite Christian flavor, I decided it would be OK to use “Merry Christmas” as the magic words. However, after I did this a child no more than 6 years old corrected me and said, “No, its Happy Holidays!”

The next generation of political correctness has arrived!
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
I absolutely refuse to say Happy Holidays to anyone. I don't even say "Merry Christmas". I say "Happy Christmas", which is what I have always said, and the Americans on the whole seem to rather like my eccentricity. I say it at birthdays at this time of year, when I am doing school shows, and to people at the check out lines in shops. I really don't give a toss if I get funny looks. They are the ones with the problem!! I dislike political correctness in all it's forms, and I refuse to tow the line even if it sometimes gets me in trouble! Smile JR
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
I say what I want to say. I don't intentionally attempt offend someone, because it's my opinion that you cannot offend someone. They can choose to take offense at something, but that's their choice.

I recently saw a list online of the most offensive movie characters. It was laughable at just how far someone had to stretch to be offended. Some of them were Star Wars creatures who don't even really exist! LOL! When people try that hard to be offended, I figure it's a lost cause. Do what you feel is right and let others deal with their own feelings.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I hope all of us a Merry Christmas this year. God bless, fellows. Smile
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Thanks, Mike! Same to you!
Bazinga
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Bazinga
Hairy Krishna!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2013-12-08 18:19, Dynamike wrote:
I hope all of us a Merry Christmas this year. God bless, fellows. Smile

Oops, I forgot because of political correctness I can not say "Merry Christmas". Smile
wwhokie1
View Profile
Special user
512 Posts

Profile of wwhokie1
So if someone saying "Merry Christmas" is seen as offensive to someone who does not celebrate Christmas, then why isn't it offensive to require someone who does celebrate Christmas to not say "Merry Christmas". If I say Merry Christmas to someone and require them to say it back, then that I could understand as being offensive. I should have the freedom to celebrate what and how I choose, If someone wants to respond with "Happy Holidays", "Happy Hanukkah", "Happy Kwanzaa", I have no problem with that. Just don't respond with something rude, and don't tell me what I can say. We have lost the sense of common courtesy in this country. Respecting other peoples choices requires a bit of tolerance. But so many speak about tolerance and then define tolerance as not exposing your beliefs to others who disagree with you. Personally I am always willing to respectfully listen to other peoples opinions and beliefs as long as they are willing to respectfully listen to mine. And I am not offended at someone practicing what they believe openly. I am a Christian, and I have no problem with someone not wanting to say "Merry Christmas", but I do have a problem with someone thinking it is offensive for me to say it.

Having said that, when we are doing shows for someone, of course we have to be sensitive to the audience. That is part of being respectful and courteous. I did a Hanukkah party last weekend. Of course it would have been inappropriate to wish them a Merry Christmas. Being thoughtful, respectful and courteous; its not that hard.
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Quote:
On 2013-12-08 09:53, Ken Northridge wrote:
I was setting up for my show the other night, and because of the overtly religious Christmas songs that were being sung by the band followed by the prayer that had a definite Christian flavor, I decided it would be OK to use “Merry Christmas” as the magic words. However, after I did this a child no more than 6 years old corrected me and said, “No, its Happy Holidays!”

The next generation of political correctness has arrived!

Shut up kid!
"Keep the Kids Laughing!"
https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Quote:
On 2013-12-08 11:39, Starrpower wrote:
I say what I want to say. I don't intentionally attempt offend someone, because it's my opinion that you cannot offend someone. They can choose to take offense at something, but that's their choice.

Well said! I agree.
"Keep the Kids Laughing!"
https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store
Mr. Danny
View Profile
Loyal user
North Central Louisiana
249 Posts

Profile of Mr. Danny
I also agree with Starrpower! Merry Christmas everyone!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I am dreaming of a Merry Christmas. I hope all of you are too.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Merry Christmas Mike

It's been a fun season for Dr. Laugh.
New this year, were library gigs. The Show was called Christmas with Dr. Laugh.
New hit bits included babies singing carols and use of a wooden dancing man.

Though the kids laughed at my 6 Million Dollar Man joke, I think it was the toys rapid running not remembering the old TV show.
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
Ah....I'd forgotten about this thread. What a stroll down menory lane!
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Can't say Merry Christmas (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL