The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Can't say Merry Christmas (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Never overlook one of your most prized rights in America. That is the right to say "NO". You choose your market. (Market size is a separate issue.)

We simply fit better in some places than others.

Merry Christmas!
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2011, TrickyRicky wrote:
The last couple of years I was told not to say Merry Christmas to the children. Happy Holidays is allowed.
Even Christmas trees were not allowed at one time.
This is Canada---we have such a multi culteral background that we have to be careful what we say and do in our performances.
How about you guys in the USA and the UK?
tRICKY rICKY

What is America coming to? Anyone forgot "Freedom of Speech?" So many of us are being told not to say "Merry Christmas" in our nation. I have seen different cultures get away with their way of living when coming to USA. In the future is America going to become a communist or foreign country?
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
I say merry Christmas at every show. it is not a matter of if they celebrate the holiday it is that I celebrate this day and I say Merry Christmas.

the majority of people in america celebrate Christmas.

end of story.

Merry Christmas every one!

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Christmas is a secular holiday. So I say happy Christmas. I said it to a Muslim woman on the phone the other day, and there was a silence. So I said: I bet your kids are off school and are going to have a great time. She just laughed and said Happy Christmas back.
kimmo
View Profile
Inner circle
Sheffield
1193 Posts

Profile of kimmo
I'm an atheist and I celebrate At Christmas time and wish everyone Merry Christmas. I think the same goes for most of the UK. as Tony says, in the UK and Ireland, Christmas has very little to do with religion.
VISIT MY ONLINE STORE!: www.kimmomagicshop.com
NEW LECTURE NOTES - SHOW US YOUR TRIX NOW AVAILABLE AS AN INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOAD!

Kimmo DVD available Now!
Watch the promo here!
Order your copy NOW! CLICK HERE!

ENTERTAINER,MAGICIAN AND VENTRILOQUIST'S BLOG - DON'T READ THIS...
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2014, kimmo wrote:
I'm an atheist and I celebrate At Christmas time and wish everyone Merry Christmas.

Thank you Kimmo. Whenever I get called to do a Eid party, I do not mind using "Happy Eid" as the magic word. The same thing at a Purim party. Two nights ago a Jewish Synagogues was giving a Christmas program to needy Christian children. After the party the Jews told me "Merry Christmas." I told the Jews "Happy Chanukkah." It does not hurt me. I only feel sorry for the ones it do hurt.
TheMightyRicardo
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of TheMightyRicardo
I agree Dynamike. Although not a Hindu, I performed at a Diwali (Festival of Lights) ceremony a few weeks ago. They were very welcoming of all their guests. I was pleased to wish them a Happy Diwali. I think one should be true to one's own beliefs, but be respectful of others.

Richard
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
This weekend I say "Happy Solstice" to everyone. Seems appropriate for a magician!!! Smile JR
wwhokie1
View Profile
Special user
512 Posts

Profile of wwhokie1
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2014, Sam Sandler wrote:
I say merry Christmas at every show. it is not a matter of if they celebrate the holiday it is that I celebrate this day and I say Merry Christmas.

the majority of people in america celebrate Christmas.

end of story.

Merry Christmas every one!

sam

Great point most people in america celebrate Christmas, some as a religious holiday, and as Tony pointed out, some as a secular holiday.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
People say Happy Chanukah and Merry Christmas to me.
Sometimes they ask if I'm ready for Christmas.

At times I answer yes, other times I answer
Yes, since 1984.

Shalom,

Happy HOYC
Holiday of your choice.
Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
I believe we all notice that the "banning" of phrasing like "Merry Christmas" mostly occurs in the public schools but not all of them. Where else is this occurring, at your work place? If so this is most likely very few and far between. Public school administrators fear for issues of conflict to arise because the larger the issue becomes the more they are heavily scrutinized in the way they handle it. Some administrators receive repercussion from issues not because of the way they handled it but just because the issue became so large, "something had to be done". The administrator dooesn't want to lose their employment nor receive any backlash so their reaction is to head off potential issues as or before they arise.

So then we have the performer who's paycheck is boss and the administrator who's boss is also the paycheck.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Can't say Merry Christmas (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL