The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Jennings or Dingle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Cameron Roat
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
726 Posts

Profile of Cameron Roat
I know this isn't going to help you decide (since you can only get one), but I got both a few weeks ago and I am so glad I did. Both are WONDERFUL books. To tell you the truth, I don't think you can wrong with either one.

...But, the Dingle book is awfully cheap, and out-of-print, so I'd get that one now.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I would get both. They belong in any serious library.
They're both true creative thinkers!!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
wcb39
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of wcb39
Agree with all who say both but I would start with Jenning's. The scope of the book is unbelievable.
usa
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of usa
Dingle book, Dingle book, get it 'cause I'm right..
You will learn a trick or two, all kinds of magic sleight.
Hey!

Sing to the tune of Jingle Bells, but not untill christmas please.
magicfabien
View Profile
New user
Montréal
56 Posts

Profile of magicfabien
Get both books, these are classics for card lovers.

Ciao
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4866 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Dingle
magicjosh2
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester. UK.
134 Posts

Profile of magicjosh2
Go ahead and get both The Complete Works Of Derek Dingle and The Classic Magic Of Larry Jennings. You will not be dissapointed. Then you can get Jennings 67, another excellent book. Be prepared to practice though.The effects range from intermediate to advanced.
Smile
Best Wishes,
Mark
ddjmagic
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of ddjmagic
Thankyou everyone for your advice,
I picked up an extra 20 dollars this week so i ordered The classic magic of Larry Jennings and i decided to get the Complete works of derek dingle, since it was cheap.
I am Picking the Dingle book up on wednesday and i will tell you guys what i think.
The Jennings book should also arrive soon, so these should keep me busy for a while.
thanks jamie
therntier
View Profile
Special user
681 Posts

Profile of therntier
Painting a house keeps you busy for a little while. You've got a years worth of magic in those books, at least. Comparing the books is a huge task, as you can see in the post that you've started. I would start looking at the effects like Too Many Cards in Dingle and the Ambitious Classic in Jennings, as they are very similar. Look at The Royal collector's in Dingle vs. on of the many collectors routines in Jennings. As well, both have Wild Card routines that you can use to compare the two. Jennings also has a triumph routine and Dingle has many different triumph effects. These are just some of the routines in common in both books. That being said, there are a lot of routines that are unique to each book. But, if you are looking at comparing the two, you may as well start with the routines that are similar. Just in case anyone cares, I prefer Jennings version of many of these routines. I would be interested to hear what others think.
peterdgr8
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of peterdgr8
$24 for the Dingle book? No brainer. Then with the money you've saved, get Classic Jennings, followed by Jennings 67 (which is close to the Dingle Book in difficulty). Then by the time you've mastered the stuff, the promised Jennings tomes from Kaufman should be out.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Jennings or Dingle (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL