The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Signing off. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tim Friday
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of Tim Friday
Too often I get on here and think "if so-and-so would just dedicate the time they spend on the magic Café to street performing, they would be a great street performer!"

But in reality, I should point my own finger at myself!

Basically my life consists of: doing what has to be done at my day job, then the vast majority of my time is spent sitting in my chair, watching netflix instant, and poking around on the internet (magic Café). In a sense I'm just like those people at Occupy movement I spoke out against, I sit around just like them!!! Often times I feel as if I'm just sitting around waiting to die.

So I really cannot judge anyone else considering how I squander my time! And that is why I decided to do something about it today.

I don't want to go through day-to-day thinking "I can't believe what that so-and-so on the Café said!" OR "I can't believe how that old so-and-so is trying to portray himself on the Café![/i} OR MOST IMPORTANTLY [i]"I really told that so-and-so, HA!"

Our brief amount of time we each are given is too precious.
Magic and street performing has served as a refuge for me from emotional stress that I have struggled with, & I don't want something as trivial as squabbles on the Café to spoil magic and street performing for me.

So that is why I called today and had the internet at my house cancelled. I need to be more productive and have more focus rather than be distracted by entertainment. I love entertainment but the problem is it's so readily and instantly available I give in to it much too easily.

Once I have a regular gig at a restaurant & once I have a solid street performer show that kills, then perhaps I will consider having my internet reactivated but not until then. Until then I will only get on the Café when I'm at McDonald's or somewhere else with internet, but not at the house. No more excuses for not practicing & rehearsing magic and my street show. I must have better focus, be more productive. How bad do I want it? How bad do I want to be an excellent magician? How bad do I want to be an excellent street performer? Only each of us can answer that question for our own self, but our actions and how we spend our time truly reveal our answer to that question.

I just don't want life to happen to me, but rather make my life happen.
Tim Friday
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of Tim Friday
For some reason this cartoon made me think of a lot of this, the caption just to the right towards the bottom of the cartoon explains it...

Cartoon: http://www.gapingvoidgallery.com/gallery......um=email
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Cutting back on expenses? Not getting those fat hats?
Try those sidewalk shows, that we were trying to tell you about.

We are still going to talk about you if you leave.
Now who are we going to pick on?

Swan Songs at The Magic Café' have been tried before, you aren't the
first and won't be the last. As they say in horror films, "Nobody Ever Leaves"!

Tim Friday
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1539 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Tim;

Good attitude, and a solid decision. Best of luck out there.
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
I think it's a little extreme. Your computer does not have an "off" button??

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
Best of luck, Tim. Come back when you have achieved your goals.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Tim,
I still can't believe that you called out David Charvet on his act at Magic Live.
If anyone should have something to say, it would be his widow Gay.
She didn't object and do you want to know why?

She helped him to bring it together.
It was a tribute act. Many folks are highly upset with your naive comments.
I can understand why you don't feel so welcome, these days.

Link/Charvet

You have brought all of this criticism on yourself.
A little contrition goes a long way on the road to healing.

I wish you the best at McDonalds or wherever you go to use the internet, but at this time
I also feel that you should take a step back and really ask yourself what you really want
out of this business.

Take it easy guy!
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1123 Posts

Profile of Donnie Buckley
LOL! He's still preaching the Gospel of Timmy on the way out the door.
I predict: bad penny.
Learn the form, but seek the formless. Learn it all, then forget it all. Learn the way, then find your own way. Rings-N-Things
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1539 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Now, gentleman, be nice.

I was. *wink*
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
Eduardo
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of Eduardo
Like everything in life, balance is essencial... you have time to do everything... if you were a real professional magician you would not suspended your internet account, because in this days, internet is a great tool to work... maybe the problem is that adult sites you watch all day... Smile internet foruns are good tools but only to study and advertising...

"The highest possible stage in moral culture is when we recognize that we ought to control our thoughts." - Charles Darwin

edu
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Signing off. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL