The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The November 2011 entrée: Bob Cassidy » » Mentalism and positive thinking » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

barneyfife
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of barneyfife
Mr Cassidy,

After reading your book "Intuitively Yours" I have tried to create a lecture which would be good for teenagers ( ages 14-17 ). The topics would follow these type of ideas:

Don’t let your past determine your future

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it.
If you can dream it, you can become it.

It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.

Vision is purpose, and when your purpose is clear so are your life choices. Vision creates faith and faith creates willpower. With faith there is no anxiety, no doubt-just absolute confidence.

And up to now I have been at a loss about which type of effects would emphasize these ideas. Just as your book says "“the intuitive power that exists within us all – and how you can make it work for you”

I beleive there is a power within all teenagers to make good decisions and to create their own destiny.

What effects would you suggest would tie into the ideas and emphasize ( create the hook )to have individuals remember the idea. Thank you in advance for yours or anyone elses positive responses.

Barney
Always in motion is the future
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
It seems to me that this is an area where "spectator as mind reader" effects might actually work. See the other thread on that topic for the other side of the coin.

You need to be very careful in this area, though, as there would, I think, be ethical issues if you are going to use trickery to convince impressionable minds that they have natural intuitive abilities. It can be done, I'm sure, but you'd be walking a tightrope, especially since your main goal does not seem to be entertainment.

It seems that if you were to teach some basic mnemonics or feats of mathematical wizardry you could go a long way to instilling self-confidence in people who would never have believed they were capable of such feats.

I'd be interested also in hearing others thoughts on this.

Good thoughts,

Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The November 2011 entrée: Bob Cassidy » » Mentalism and positive thinking » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL