The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » My First Magic Video! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

geckard
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of geckard
Hey all,

Longtime lurker here venturing a post. I was hoping that some of you might be kind enough to give me input on my 'performance.' I perform for friends and family on the occasions I feel confident enough that I won't expose, but don't have much 'live' experience. I realize it's a bit of a cop out, as some of the effects took 20 or 30 takes to get them how I wanted them to be.

I'm working on a character who is a sort of parody of the archetypal suave and flashy magician. He's a bumbling but comically overconfident fellow who somehow always manages to pull off the trick in the end. Hopefully it comes out a little bit in the video.

The effects aren't arranged chronologically- I'm still working on the face twitching, lip licking, and keeping a smile. It's hard- so much to pay attention to at once! It's also my first experience using iMovie so the editing is a little amateurish. I did the soundtrack, too- I play electronic music as my second hobby and was curious if anyone had any ideas about how to integrate that with magic. Any and all input is welcome. I look forward to hearing from 'real' magicians!

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR6G40O6LRc

Thanks for reading!

-Greg
projectlegacyau
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of projectlegacyau
Not bad mate! keep it up! your doing well!
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1393 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Enjoyed it! Well done! Smile
geckard
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of geckard
Thanks for the encouragement!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » My First Magic Video! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL