The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » SAMAN ZERIN (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nicolapreviti
View Profile
New user
Italy
5 Posts

Profile of nicolapreviti
Hello all frinds!

I wanted to know if someone has never bought from illusions Saman Zerin!

I have seen on youtube these three illusion which looks very nice ...
He says is the inventor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-dRd1L7ZDA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnbLC0SssfM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i6CaIA0NnA&feature=related

If someone give me some are grateful response
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
Synthian is awful... the list of things wrong with that illusion would fill a book, Concept and performance.

Pannon is a standard base Illusion with a sort of cool yellow box..

Sumer is a great idea for an illusion.. poorly constructed and badly performed.

He tried to make a big splash in the Café a few years ago.. but his arrogance didn't make him any friends.. and his first design was very similar to Origami... and he was picked on quite a bit for it..

I actually LOVE the idea behind the Sumer illusion.. but the concept needs to be strengthened... and the construction needs to be changed quite a bit in order to make it really effective.

On a more positive note.. his props seem to be constructed well.. and his brain is in the right place.. but his stuff is derivitive and not really thought through.. He'd be a good guy to have build props... with another person focusing his concepts
serg
View Profile
Elite user
Ukraine
433 Posts

Profile of serg
Hello! Some time ago his illusion look no good,but with time better and better. Now few his idea's great look. I don't know why all peoples ignore him and his illusions...may be he no good communicate,and strange person,but his work good and have modern design. Sergey.
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
This zerin is so influenced by steinmeyers oregami at lest two of the illusions above has to do with it .
JoyJoy
View Profile
Special user
Germany
514 Posts

Profile of JoyJoy
I never saw one of these illusions live. Indeed - Synthian has many explicit faults. Sumer seams a good idea.
Marcus.magic
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of Marcus.magic
The Synthian concept has few mistakes and to me also has absolutly no sense rise up the cloth cover the lady behind it and after( if you are looking from the audience point of wiew) just imagine that lady will fit inside that tiny bag,
how ? and why ?

also I think the big Saman Zerin problem is he seem to be too much in love whit the Origami idea and Plot ,

I hope to see from him something differents and not only ideas and plot clearly stealed from others...
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
The trimmings on his props, ie the legs, are nice. The concept and design of the magic doesn't do it for me. I think it can be workshopped and improved upon, but in it's current state it's not there yet.
freefallillusion1
View Profile
Elite user
Cincinnati, OH
446 Posts

Profile of freefallillusion1
Actually, I sort of like Pannon. I like the idea of opening the box behind the blades, then shifting the function of the blades from "mask" to normal blade function, then doing the same with the spears (skewer, then rod for sliding). Yes, it's a base illusion, but there's a lot going on there. Not that that's always a good thing- Zerin also does a knock-off Origami which zig-zags (not the earlier intruderbox) and the zig-zagging adds nothing to the effect, but with Pannon, I actually liked each new step. Correct me if I'm wrong- has anyone seen an illusion like this before?

And yes, Synthian needs to go far, far away.
nicolapreviti
View Profile
New user
Italy
5 Posts

Profile of nicolapreviti
I'm sorry!

What do you think has problems or errors schityan??

I do not understand what you refer to as errors??
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Synthian? Well... the "box" for one. Origami works by making the audience think the assistant goes into the box and is compressed. Scythian skips this, using a cover (taken from the sword basket) and a tiny canvas box. It completely breaks suspension of disbelief by asking the audience to think she's in there. The hand moving the box then only serves to broadcast the method.

I'd redesign it completely- the effect might work as an updated sword "bag" by dispensing with the cover, having her climb into a larger canvas sack which is tied shut, and redesigning the base entirely. Of course, that would make it a completely different illusion (and would actually take care of the copyright infringement issues.) I think Zerin is too enraptured by Origami, as many of his designs are variations on that theme.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
If I am not mistaken, Jim Steinmeyer once said in an interview that Origami is designed as a sucker piece with he mirror facing directly at the audience when the box is being folded and the swords put in. Until the illusion is turned the mirror serves as a false hiding space.
-Matt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » SAMAN ZERIN (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL