The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Dlite TT size (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Swest
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Swest
Hi all

I have been bought a pair of Dlites and have the problem that they are too large. I was wondering whether anybody had any tips as to how to make them fit better. Apparently the options for size were 'kids' and 'adult', and I definitely have the correct ones!

I have read in other posts that boiling TTs can help with this problem, but given the nature of the Dlite, that would most definitely be a bad idea.

Thanks
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24089 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
What size did you get?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22132 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Do to the routine and the way Delights are used and handled, there is no need to make any adjustments. Consider yourself lucky as ditching will be accomplished much easier. As the Delights are not worn during any other maneuvers, it is a non issue while performing this routine.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Suren
View Profile
Veteran user
Armenia
314 Posts

Profile of Suren
I ordered for me a pair too and I am waiting for it. Being large is not as horrible as being small I think.
Swest
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Swest
Cheers for the replies all.

I received the 'adult' ones.

I agree that being too large is better than being too small, however they are sufficiently large that they will slip off during the movement of a routine - as I am waving my hands around I can feel them gradually coming off. This is exacerbated if I for example pretend to put a light in my pocket, and I actually make contact with the pocket - this can drag it off.

Whilst one solution is to keep the thumb and e.g. forefinger together at all times, 'pinching' the TT, this somewhat limits the naturalness of any movement and can look a little weird!

It does make for an easy ditch though - light goes in pocket, light goes in pocket, TT goes in pocket, done.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22132 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
There are other ways to keep the TT on, like pushing the side of the thumb against your upper palm or using your 3rd finger to contact the rear of the TT. Putting anything in or on the TT, will only get in the way and make everything more difficult when the routine is over.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
elliottmagic
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of elliottmagic
Another thing that you can do is, buy 2 thumb tips that fit, and pull the light gimmick out of the old thumb tip that came with it. Them superglue the gimmick into the tip of the new thumb tip. But when you buy the new tips, maybe shire that they are rubber and not plastic.
Good luck
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Dlite TT size (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL