We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Is Street Busking legal in the state of Maine? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I was advising someone who lost his job that lives in Maine about street busking. He mentioned street busking is illegal in Maine. It that true?
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Busking is protected free speech, legal at the Federal and State level. So he is incorrect.

Local governments however can set reasonable restrictions on the time, manner, and place. Some jurisdictions consider a content-neutral blanket ban "reasonable", so he may be correct at the local level.

I would find it hard to believe that every city in Maine has banned street performing, I'd say most of them have never even taken up the issue. The hard part is figuring out which cities he would be welcomed in.

I personally would think the weather would be the most limiting factor in Maine ... but I'm a southern boy and I like to sweat a lot. So that's just me.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Is Street Busking legal in the state of Maine? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL