The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » penomenon, what is your opinion? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
ravi
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
413 Posts

Profile of ravi
Does anybody of you own the new trick "Penomenon".The desciption sounds great but does it meet the expectations?
Any help would be great, thanks! Smile
I N D R I D C O L E

DEAD AnD GONE
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
792 Posts

Profile of qkeli
HI,

Sure that the description sounds great, it sounds incredible!!
But like you I'm wondering if it really meets the expectations??
Hass anyone have seen or performed it????
Demian
View Profile
New user
Germany
1 Post

Profile of Demian
Hallo Ravi!
Ich glaube wir müssen uns dieses Ding mal kaufen!!!!!!!!!

Liebe Grüße
aus Bocholt

Germany Smile
davekilpatrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Syracuse, NY
295 Posts

Profile of davekilpatrick
Demian,

I took German for two semesters my senior year of college (20 years ago). I have officially forgotten all of it. Please help us with your comment.

I (supposedly) have Penomenon "en route." It may arrive today. I'll let you know what I think. I'm deciding on whether my post will be in English or Spanish (I did much more Spanish than German).

By the way Demian, my mother is 100% German. However, she never knew the language.
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2054 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Sí, por favor diganos como te gusta el Penomenon, y si podemos comprarlo o no.

Quinn
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
Mr Amazing
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazing
Hurdi schmurdi Penomenon. Flurdi burd krumfurd Smorgasboooord!

/Matias, Sweden
Fred Darevil
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Fred Darevil
Cela serait vraiment gègène si on parlait tous la même langue, le Francais par exemple !..
Fred
:kermit:
davekilpatrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Syracuse, NY
295 Posts

Okay, guys, I was only JOKING! Now I'm really confused.

(Now if some kind person will PM me and interpret what was said–better yet, just post it for those of us second language flunkies who've been out of high school too long)
Dave Le Fevre
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1666 Posts

Profile of Dave Le Fevre
I think that.....

Demian said "We've gotta buy this".

Fred D said that we should stick to a single common language (such a French).

And Matias was taking the p*ss (smile).

Dave
The Ozzy Osbourne of the 34x27
ravi
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
413 Posts

Profile of ravi
YOU ARE RIGHT, DAVE! Smile
I N D R I D C O L E

DEAD AnD GONE
davekilpatrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Syracuse, NY
295 Posts

Ravi,

I am right about what? After over 100 posts on this site I finally get someone to tell me I'm right, and I don't even know what I was right about!

(Guys, do you think Ravi meant I was right that I'm confused?)
ravi
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
413 Posts

Profile of ravi
You were right with your translations. If Magic does not work, you could go as a professional translator !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

( Hey, just a joke... Smile ) Smile
I N D R I D C O L E

DEAD AnD GONE
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
I'm still ROTFLMAO from Matias's post--I've got images of the Swedish chef rolling around in my head that'll take days to get rid of, LOL!
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2054 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Bork bork bork! [craaasshhh!!!]

Quinn
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
Back on a serious note, I'm going to try to stop by a local shop tomorrow afternoon; if they have one in stock, I'll check it out and let you know how it (and, resultingly, my wallet) fares.

--A
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
Well....I saw it, sort of. One of the guys I know at the local shop explained the method, and attempted to demo it, but could not get it to work. He did say, however, that the owner was able to do it right away to good effect.

If you can get it to work, although the method is one of those "I can't believe I paid this much for it" things, the effect is worth the price. If you can't get it to work, however, you'll be quite upset at how much you paid.

I didn't buy it today, but I may eventually just to play with it; it's hard to justify the money not knowing for sure if it's usable. I can't really say that I recommend it, but I can't also say that I don't. It's an iffy thing. Like I said, if you get it to work, you'll probably love it; if you can't, you'll hate it.

I can't say I'm entirely fond of something this "iffy" being marketed as a separate commercial item; were it an item in a set of notes, I'd have no gripe with it at all, because even if it didn't work for me, I'd likely have gotten my money's worth out of the notes. In this case, however, you'll either get more than your money's worth or absolutely no value, depending on things that may be beyond your control.

(Sorry I can't be more specific as to what things and what factors contribute to its working or not; to do so would involve revealing the method).

All this said, everything in the ad is true.
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
Isa eretha anyonea elsa oowha asha urashedpa thea enomenonpha effecta? Owna I'ma Interesteda!

Jonathan Grant - Pig Latin
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
502 Posts

Profile of Corey K
The easiest way to accomplish it is the way that the guys at MagicSmith do it in the first demo. If you do it like that, you'll almost surely get it within one or two trys, and from experiance, doing it this way is very, very strong.

-Corey
Corey King
jecar
View Profile
Veteran user
358 Posts

Profile of jecar
Quote:
On 2002-05-08 18:40, Corey K wrote:
The easiest way to accomplish it is the way that the guys at MagicSmith do it in the first demo. If you do it like that, you'll almost surely get it within one or two trys, and from experiance, doing it this way is very, very strong.

-Corey

Both demos looked the same to me. Maybe I'd better go back and check them out. Smile

Jerry
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
I have the same experience too, both demos are the same. Smile
Bernard Sim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » penomenon, what is your opinion? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL