The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Cartoon logos for kids magicians (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..23~24~25 [Next]
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4617 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Mike, I see them on my computer, even in your post......they look pretty cool. My problem with these logos is that they kinda all look very similar, and bottom line, I don't feel that I should need a cartoon logo to advertise, when I have plenty of vids and pics that show the actual show my customers can expect. For me, this kind of logo would be appropriate for an entertainer who is so well known that the logo would immediately call to mind the character they represent. If you're not so well-known that folks look at the cartoon logo, and straight away identify with you, it's counter-productive.
Sure, if you have a national TV show, or simliar, then these logos might be appropriate. But for an unknown entertainer? My opinion is that potential clients will take it with a pinch of salt, and completely disregard the logo. If you don't have pics and video to show your skills, clients will possibly assume that you have plenty of money for advertising, but no real talent.
OK, it's a "quick fix" for those who maybe need to sell themselves....but is that a good thing? Pretend that you're an experienced entertainer, when in reality you're a newbie? That's a recipe for disaster, many unhappy clients, and a sick feeling in the stomach when you get put down by a potentially valuable client, who will never book you again.
In these days of computer technology and fast-paced-everything, it's easy to create the illusion that you have abilities....but if you don't actually have the experience or wisdom to fulfil expectations, it's false thinking to imagine that cool logos, exaggerated ad copy, or the like, will actually generate good business.
Potty
Entertainer artist
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of Entertainer artist
My logos are used to make you stand out from the local competition. They are meant to be bold and catch peoples attention, be memorable. If you are driving around town with it on the side of your van, or have it on a poster, people will notice it. Some people comment Ive done a lot, and I've done a fair few for entertainers but there are over 50,000 people on this site alone and I have not even covered 1% of that. My customers have been from all over the world, from places I have not even heard of. How many people who have had a design from me have seen another entertainer in their area with a design as well? My designs are a advertising tool, something to help you get noticed, and something that will stick in peoples minds for when they want to hire someone. People really do judge a book by its cover if they don't know anything else about you. A good cover will leave people wanting to know more.

Quote:
Are these the new "invisible logos"?

LOL...don't know if they got deleted or what...but no designs show up for me!

If you can't see them, you can find them on my facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/LOOKCreativeDesign
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2724 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
I see them on my home computer, but not at work. That's what I get for checking the Café while at work! LOL.

Scott, I tend to agree with you (which is why I hired you!). I am looking forward to seeing my sketch concept, and of course, the final product!
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Doug
Do you really believe that a cartoon logo of you would look even remotely like anyone else? LOL

You have got to be joking you crusty old pirate.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4617 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Quote:
On 2012-04-30 22:32, Al Angello wrote:
Doug
Do you really believe that a cartoon logo of you would look even remotely like anyone else? LOL

You have got to be joking you crusty old pirate.

Just playing Devil's Advocate. Smile
The logos do look very cool, and yes, they're eye-catching.
Potty
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5696 Posts

Profile of Regan
Wow! There's some really nice work on here!

My cartoonist made me some nice cartoons of me from photos I sent her. She actually drew two: one with background and other objects, and one without. They are in digital format so I love them. However, I had spoken with her about taking the cartoon of me with no background and adding a guitar to it. She said she'd be happy to do it sometime in the future. After I decided to grow a goatee I decided it was time to get her to draw in the guitar and the facial hair. When I tried to contact her, she was gone. I have been patient and periodically tru to contact her, but she's nowhere to be found.

I wonder if I could get another artist to take the photo and add a goatee to it? I really like it ok and right now I don't want to spend a large amount on a new one, but I do need to update the facial hair.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Entertainer artist
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Send me the picture and I will add the goatee.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2724 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Just got my sketch concept from Scott. It looks AWESOME. Everyone I have showed it to says he captured me perfectly! I am looking forward to the final product, which should be in the next 2 weeks or so. Either he or I will post it here when it is done.
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

Entertainer artist
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Entertainer artist
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Hello Everybody

If anyone who has had a design from me could post a quick review at http://www.freeindex.co.uk/wr.htm?id=449428&br=1 I would be very most grateful, thank you.

Best regards

Scott
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24052 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Scott, put your website link in your signature box. It would make it easier for us to contact you.
Entertainer artist
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

I think I've sorted it now?
Entertainer artist
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Nope, still not showing

Thank you for the reviews I have gotten so far on http://www.freeindex.co.uk/wr.htm?id=449428&br=1, it really does help a lot and is very much appreciated, cheers
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Scott
I tried if it did not work let me know, and I'll try it again.
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1195 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
I did as well, let me know if it didn't show up...
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2114 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
Wow....this thread's like.....the Cistine-chapel ceiling meets the funny-papers!
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
Entertainer artist
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Thanks Al and Ken for trying, I'm suspecting only UK people might be able to do it? If you look online for cartoon logos, I don't appear anywhere, yet I do cartoon logos day in and out and I like to think, to a high standard, so I need to start getting myself onto the Google search engines. Someone has told me I need to sort my back links out, so I need to start putting my site on lots of directories. I'm no web wiz, if anyone knows better, please let me know lol.

Thanks Mighty Fool
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Mr Mighty Fool
I'm a little surprised you just found this thread. Now that you can recognize Scott's work look how many magicians he has done work for.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2724 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Just saw the "final" version of mine...PERFECT! I will have Scott post it here for all to see.
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2724 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Okay...I THINK this will work!

Click here to view attached image.
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Cartoon logos for kids magicians (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..23~24~25 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL