The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Review of Valentine's The Ouija Board! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
I just wanted to let people know that Freddie was very generous and concerned that I did not feel I received my money's worth, using a PM to offer me a copy of any of his other e-books. To me this shows an interest in pleasing customer, something that is sorely missing from sellers in many fields, and I compliment him on this excellent approach to customer satisfaction. In all fairness, because it was a hard bound book, because he, I and others here don't want the information getting out to those who just want the info rather than people in the community, and because, as I stated in my review, there is some good information in the book, I turned down his gracious and generous offer. I concluded my PM response to him by writing, "My only hope is that in the future you will respect your customers enough to care about the presentation as well as the content." I would add that because of his PM I do think that he respects customers, I just hope his products will more obviously demonstrate that caring.
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
I have taken the hardback version of The Ouija Board temporarily off the Lulu site while the cover and interior get an overhaul. The other books I have available as printed versions look fine such as Occult Magic, but there seems to be something wrong with the Ouija file that make is come out less than satisfactory when printed, so I shall determine what is doing this and then put it back on sale as a printed version once this has been rectified.

I like to ensure people are happy with the material and it does concern me greatly if there is something they dislike. Comments such as this are useful to me as I can put things right if they are not 100%. Lulu can be an odd beast to use at time and is not that user friendly, it may be an issue with whatever local printers they use, I am unsure, but I will do all I can to make it as best as possible.
Intrepid
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, MD
935 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
An honest review can include uncomfortable truths, too many reviews on this forum lack this honesty.  And I applaud Freddie for his sincerity in taking them to heart and using it to improve the value of his products for the benefit of his customers and himself, bravo.  Honesty of purpose is the basis of all true success.
Bob
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
The intention of the Ouija Board, along with my tarot and pendulum books, is to tell those who wish to learn these skills what they need to know. Although the books may seem short, they are stripped of superflous information and features methods, ideas and presentations that have all been tested and used in the harshest of realms - that of real world performance.
I could pad the books out with colourful stories concerning ouija boards etc, but I credit the people that read these books with enough imagination to create their own presentations. I also want the information to be as direct as possible. When you are learning something, there is no room for ambiguity.
I shall re-release the hardback book with a new cover and improved layout. Although this is the only negative review/comment there has been regarding this release, I do take it very seriously and ensure that things are of the highest quality. I feel this issue was more to do with Lulu than myself, but I am in the process of improving it as much as I can.
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1229 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Quote:
On 2011-11-26 11:56, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Outside of publication issues, how does the material compare with Jim's book?
Is it a worthy supplement, or is is similar in content to portions of his book?

Tony

I would like to read a comment regarding Tony´s question too.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13139 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On 2011-11-25 16:35, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
How does the information in this book on using the Ouija differ from Jim Magus' book, Tales from the Talking Board ? For over a decade Jim's book has been considered the definative tome; does this book add anything?

Tony

Anyone? He just announced the Hardcover edition.

To y
Snoogans
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of Snoogans
Jim shipped me a copy of Tales from the Talking Board on Monday. I'm excited to get it. I've never read Valentine's The Ouija Board.

I find it somewhat humorous that people believe a piece of cardboard and plastic can "open portals".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Review of Valentine's The Ouija Board! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL