The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Seeking someone to custom build a very small electronic device - any ideas? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MasiMedia
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of MasiMedia
I am interested in creating a small electronic device that can be added to the base of a lightweight prop that I use in one of my close-up magic illusions, which will enable the prop to rotate about 45 degrees to the left. I am basically envisioning two 2-inch discs that are stacked, where the bottom disc stays still while the top disc (which is attached to the bottom of the prop) rotates. This has to be a wireless device (perhaps I can push a button on a small wireless remote in my jacket pocket), and it simply has to turn 45 degrees counterclockwise and that's it. Sounds simple, but I can't seem to find anyone on the internet that can build this. Does anyone have any ideas on who can build this kind of electronics project? Again, it's just a device that you attach to the bottom of a prop (like a deck of cards) and it causes the prop to rotate counterclockwise.
Anthony Masi
www.MasiMedia.net
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
I would talk to Nick Wenger ... He's online here at The Café.

Dan.
MasiMedia
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of MasiMedia
Thank you for the lead, Dan. Much appreciated!
Anthony Masi
www.MasiMedia.net
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
My pleasure.

Dan.
Fungineer
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Fungineer
I am willing to help you as well. Please PM me, and I'd be happy to discuss.

Depending on the size of your needed effect, some off-the-shelf RC servo (hobby car/airplane) equipment may work. In other cases, custom (engineering) work is necessary.

Best,
TJ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Seeking someone to custom build a very small electronic device - any ideas? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL