The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Haunted by Christopher Matthewson (Nick on the Café - chrismatt) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5646 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
I have already given my initial review on Chrismatt's 'Haunted' in various other sections of the Café. However I felt that this should actually be in its rightful place. Hence I am posting this here - where it should actually belong. Smile

Chrismatt needs no introduction as he is very well known here on the Café as a great Thinker and a Creator.

Chrismatt wrote (elsewhere on the Café):

Quote:

Fellow Illusionists,

There are several spots left at the séance table for those interested in acquiring my brand new monograph, Haunted. This 32-page very detailed manuscript, with numerous photographic illustrations, explains how to construct one of the prettiest close-up levitation effects ever presented. There is a version described in which a shot glass floats mysteriously around, within inches of your Audience, and ultimately right into the waiting hands of a spectator, who can even take the glass home with her! Another version involves a Ouija Board, in which the planchette first spookily moves around, pointing out answers to unrevealed questions as if under the control of an unearthly spirit, and then, shockingly, rises right up off the Board (and table) towards you or a spectator. An effect called “Jack, R.I.P.,” replaces the floating planchette with a real jagged knife that, like the planchette, also points out answers “from beyond the grave” and then (more shockingly) floats away from the Ouija Board threateningly towards the Performer!

The floating object is under the control of the Performer at all times, yet there are no wires, threads, filaments, IT or special hook-ups to the object. The various floating effects are all “One Person” routines, requiring no secret assistants and no stooges. No kidding!

Be advised there is extensive preparation and practice required to create the proper illusion (similar to that required by a Losander Floating Table), all explained in great detail.

I have invited 13 guests to the séance, each to receive a copy of my monograph by doing the following:

(1) You must first write to me at chrismattx@gmail.com and confirm that you are willing to contribute at least $50 to your favorite child-related charity (and let me know what that charity is).

(2) Once you hear from me that your offer is accepted, you must then send me $5.00 for USPS Priority Mail shipping (in the USA) through PayPal (shipping will be more if to a foreign country) and confirm that you have made at least a $50 contribution to the charity you told me about. Once these conditions are met, I will send you a copy of my manuscript. (Sorry—no electronic versions are available; hard copies only.)

As indicated, several have already been extended (and taken advantage of) this offer. Those who have been notified will have one week to complete the requirements and then the offer to that person will terminate, with the offer then extended to the next person on the list until all 13 manuscripts have been spoken for.

We are on the honor system here, so I will trust you when you affirm that you have made your charitable donation. Of course, if permitted by law, you may claim any tax deduction for your donation as I am not connected with any charity.

Each manuscript is expensive to produce, so this offer is limited to only the first 13 persons who complete all the requirements.

Any questions should be sent to me at: chrismattx@gmail.com They will not be addressed here in the Café.

Thank you and good luck!

CM

My innitial Thoughts & Review on "Haunted"

After fulfilling Chris’ above laid down conditions, which are primarily for a very noble charitable cause, I received my copy of ‘Haunted’.

Without looking for any financial gains or benefits, Chris has been very generous in sharing his thoughts and ideas which he then practically gave it a try and was successful in creating this unique levitation device – ‘Haunted’.

I have given the ‘Haunted’ document my first read. The document is very well compiled and easy to understand even for the layman. OK here are my initial thoughts/ impression on ‘Haunted’:-

The 32-page very detailed manuscript, with numerous photographic illustrations, explains how to construct one of the prettiest close-up levitation effects ever presented. The floating object is under the control of the Performer at all times, yet there are no wires, threads, filaments, IT or special hook-ups to the object. The various floating effects are all “One Person” routines, requiring no secret assistants and no stooges.

The document is very well written and clearly explains the basic concept along with basic working principal adopted and followed by a very detailed explanation of constructing this wonder prop. Also for easy of understanding, the document is filled with many photos and also filled with many ideas for creating your own levitation using different kind of objects.

'Haunted' is very clever and practical concept. I have loved Chris’ out of the box thinking which he successfully converted into a tried and tested practical device. I must say that Chris has taken Levitation to the next level which very few of us would ever imaging of coming up with something so practical. I can very well visualize the amount of time, efforts and money Chris must have spent in creating & sharing with us his wonder prop.

I believe Chris will be sharing ‘Haunted’ with just few selected lucky ones. So, if you are the practical Do It Yourself kind of guy, then be the first to grab this opportunity. You’ll be glad you did! Opportunity never knocks twice. Smile

I will be building the ‘Haunted’ device.

Smile
P.S. Chris describes everything you need to build your own levitation device and, most importantly, where you can get those items inexpensively.

Click here to view attached image.
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Dang it Ustaad! I was coming here to make the same Post about the 'Haunted' ! LOL

^ Yep,what he said ^ This is very cool,and I will be building as well!

Gary
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
What a GREAT idea!

And being a baseball fan I HAVE to do this as Chris' name is very close to one of the greatest - AND most charitable - legends to ever play the game: Christy Mathewson! (The guy has a WICKED curve ball too, and the curve is one of the most deceptive pitches in the game so I like the circle of completion.)

Ahimsa,
Vlad
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Ustaad, how are the angles on this effect?
Magic is a vanishing art.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18819 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Where's rasmus?!
I've asked to be banned
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5646 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2011-12-02 16:34, edh wrote:

Ustaad, how are the angles on this effect?

Edh, there are no angle issues. However Chris has already forewarned and I quote:

"Be advised there is extensive preparation and practice required to create the proper illusion (similar to that required by a Losander Floating Table) . . ."

But after one goes through the extensive preparations, practice and time to build the prop, I feel the effect will blow their minds.

Those lucky few, who are willing to take up Chris' offer and the challenge of building the prop, the spectators will witness & experience a once in a life time, a true real world close-up levitation of moderately heavy objects - the one & only of its kind.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
chrismatt
View Profile
Special user
Why would you read any of my
967 Posts

Profile of chrismatt
Colleagues,

The Holiday Charity Special for my Haunted manuscript is now over! All 13 seats at the table have been filled with very generous souls communing with charitable spirits. With proceeds from another project now also donated, we have raised over $1000 for children's charities. Sincerest thanks to all those who participated! Hope you enjoy (and build and use) Haunted.

For those of you who missed out, I might consider another very limited run. It would depend on a several factors, including the number of those interested. If I do decide to sell additional copies of my manuscript, the cost would probably be $49 plus $5 for Priority Mail shipping (with tracking number). As some of you know, all proceeds from the sale of any of my works are donated to children's charities (this includes the costs of publishing and manufacturing). However, any additional sales of Haunted beyond the initial 13 will result in my getting the tax deduction!

Seriously, if you are interested, please let me know by emailing me at: chrismattx@gmail.com I do not advertise my works other than briefly mentioning them here on the Café. And original, numbered manuscripts are available only through me. Also, I do not send e-versions of my manuscripts; only hard copies. I am happy to report that each of the 13 manuscripts was sent to the generous donor within one day of notifying me of the donation; often, the manuscript was in the mail within hours!

Again, thanks to all who participated!

Happy Holidays and...

...Merry Chrismatt
Details make perfection, but perfection is no detail.
chrismatt
View Profile
Special user
967 Posts

Profile of chrismatt
Colleagues,

Another lucky 13 purchasers have now received this year's limited release of my manuscript, Haunted. Thank you all for your enthusiastic response to my work.

Happy Halloween to all!

CM
chrismatt
View Profile
Special user
967 Posts

Profile of chrismatt
Fellow Magi,

If I printed up another 13 copies of my manuscript, Haunted, for this Halloween, would there be any interest? It is, after all, 2013!. Thank you, again, for your enthusiastic response to my work.

Magically,
CM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Haunted by Christopher Matthewson (Nick on the Café - chrismatt) (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL